Favorite Vol Player of All Time

Paul Bain and all of the others that are like him. He worked multiple jobs, done his studies, played football and seemed to be what a Volunteer is all about. All of this and being a walk on. I have big respect for what he has been at UT. Plus he can blow bubbles with beef jerky.

Joe Graham, Curt Watson, Don Denbo,Paul Naumoff,Bobby Fox - Worked for Mr. Fox one summer....classy man who told priceless stories

Reactions: govols105
Man, so many great Vols to choose from.

Don't have a favorite, but these are some of the most dynamic players that I grew up seeing :

Tony Robinson - dynamic playmaker/qb.
Dale Carter - that dude was nasty. Loved his hitting ability and he was an awesome returner as well.
Cobb - Webb - Best rb duo ever at Tennessee. Still remember them shredding Auburn
Carl Pickens - guy could do everything. So talented. Seemed like a natural athlete.
Jamal Lewis - probably the second best college rb I've ever seen, right behind Bo Jackson.
Al Wilson - loved his attitude and leadership. We need more Al Wilson's on defense.
Peyton Manning - He epitomizes all that is great about Tennessee. He did it the right way.

For me...a tie between Al Wilson, Reggie White, and Shawn Bryson.

Screen name is a giveaway...

Also: Reggie White, Al Wilson, Peyton Manning, Heath Shuler, Casey Clausen, Eric Berry; and my original favorites, Bobby Scott and Bobby Majors

Reactions: Big Al Orange
I am going to give an unpopular opinion here, and maybe it's just because of how vivid the 98 Championship season is etched into my brain.

Not a big Tee Martin fan, still don't get the love affair there. I get he was the QB on the title team, but a lot of other great players were there that did more and get less praise. I bring it up mostly because last year's coaching search and now our OC search his name pops up always...and it's the most frustrating thing to me.

That team to me was about defense and Oline play with a stable of RBs I have never seen so deep and talented ever.

Lewis, Henry, Stephens, Bryson all NFL careers.

VN Store

Back