Favorite Stadium

I've always said Neyland Stadium is my favorite venue outside of The Swamp. No a bad seat in the house, and there are some million dollar views in the upper deck. My only gripe is the seats number on those bleachers should be about six inches further apart from each other. :)

I noticed the visitor seating section in the NE corner keeps shrinking, which means there's less chance of getting stuck between the north end zone and whatever building that is wedged up next to the north end zone. I had the misfortune of being packed in like a sardine following the 2000 and 2006 game.

What's funny about our verrrry narrow seats.
Before the game starts, I can't even watch any pre game warmups because my eyes are peeled on the people coming up the aisles.
During this people watching, I'm thinking, oh please don't let that one sit next to me, oh please. :dance:
And, I feel bad about thinking that...because while not an extreme large Marge, I'm no small fry myself. :blink:

Best: Neyland
Worst: Cal Golden Bears Stadium (in 2007, but I think it's been renovated since then.)

To be honest im a die heart hurricane fan, but since my nephew plays for the vols ive become and love the vol tradition its amazing..
MY TOP 3

#1 Neyland by far..game experience awesome, all the orange and white in the stadium..last year was my first time going
#2 The original Orange bowl was a vintage place to see a game..the stadium was old but the game day experience off the charts..the stadium literally be shaking
#3 FSU stadium that place crazy haven't been to the new look stadium

My dream stadiums to go to are Cowboys and going to see a Oregon game

Orange Bowl for the 2003 Miami game was one of the coolest stadium experiences I've had. It was old and dilapidated but walking through it you just felt history around you. All the classic games that have been played there over the years were in the walls and beams. I get the same feeling around the original parts of Neyland. New and modern is nice but the lack of history and tradition in those stadiums are a down side.

Neyland is purely tradition and atmosphere. And that's OK. best games i've ever been to were there hands down just because of the electricity. The year they opened up against alcorn state was even a blast. But, if you are comparing stadiums based on the facility more than the atmosphere, it falls behind quickly. If you have a seat (bench space between two narrow lines) in the old parts of the stadium, you better pray there are two anorexic girls on either side.

One i haven't seen mentioned that I really liked was Clemson's Death Valley. Pretty nice facility, and a tradition and atmosphere likened to game day at Neyland. Seeing Clemson at night at death Valley against FSU and NC State was spiritually transcending. Even for a passing Clemson fan. The Clemson campus in general is much nicer than most any college campus I've ever seen.

Worst - Legion Field, the old Fulton County Stadium (ATL)

My list is short because of the cost these days. $500 plus to take my dad and son to UGA/UT in K'town. And not even great seats. We watched on TV.

Most fun for the money - Tucker Stadium (TennTech). Stadium basically blows, and so does OVC attendance, but OK for a FCS school. Playing surface is probably one of the nicest however. You're not close to the game, as the stadium doubles as the track venue, but the games are only $10, and my son and I always end up on the front row, and on local TV during the broadcast. Hey, when I can spend $20 at the gate there and can't touch tickets for two under several hundred in the SEC, I really enjoy those TTU games.

A very nice stadium on the construction circuit when it is finished will be new FCS foe Abilene Christian. Moved up from D2 couple years ago. Stadium will only be built for about 12-14,000, but the design and layout will be superb. They currently play across town off campus. As long as I remember the old stadium on campus only had one grandstand and always was the track venue, and their top sport. Many Olympic medalists. Don't know if they played on campus at one time. but, very asthetic new stadium. Can't recall if play opens up in it this season or next. Like anyone here cares. lol.

Neyland of course is above all others. So discounting that:

Best: Oklahoma
Worst: Three Rivers
Dream:LSU, Notre Dame

It's still not that great lol

You're right, but at least with the tailgate areas it feels slightly like a college football game now. The train cars are pretty neat to tailgate in.

They just don't have a lot to work with though with the stadium being so far from campus and zero in the way of restaurants. I've always liked the actual stadium, but the location is just devoid of any kind of personality.

I've been to every SEC Stadium except Ole Miss. I have seen us play Rebs in Jackson and Memphis.
Worst Stadium has to be our friends next door at Vandy.
No home field advantage at all. Kind of sad.
Best, besides us, is LSU at night. Electric.
Day games there just ok.

You're right, but at least with the tailgate areas it feels slightly like a college football game now. The train cars are pretty neat to tailgate in.

They just don't have a lot to work with though with the stadium being so far from campus and zero in the way of restaurants. I've always liked the actual stadium, but the location is just devoid of any kind of personality.

Agreed.

Say what you want about Bama, but their stadium is an absolute palace. Texas A&M as well. Best 2 stadiums in the league for modern day.

Last edited:
Kyle Field is great. A&M fans are weird, but they are really fun, too.

I hate Vanderbilt's place so much. They have such a great location, and such a complete toilet of a venue.

Well, bamawriter, will you be paying the $100 per ticket to see your Tide play vandie in Nashville this season? :hi:

VN Store

Back