Favorite mascots, and hated mascots

Miracle615

Yeh, we all love our Smokey. But, There has gotta be a mascot you like other than Smokey, and I KNOW there are some mascots you hate. Here are mine

Im a big fan of the Canes mascot. It's like Donald duck in a football jersey. Love it.
t1_coker_si.jpg

I'm saying this because I hate bama(but I do) Why an elephant? What the hell does that have to do with Crimson Tide?
Big%20Al%20with%20David,%20one%20of%20helpers.JPG

A giant bobble head? This has got to be the worst mascot in college football. Ok. St. has nice colors though.
007.JPG

I'm saying this because I hate bama(but I do) Why an elephant? What the hell does that have to do with Crimson Tide?
Big%20Al%20with%20David,%20one%20of%20helpers.JPG

"I think someone stole my stapler. It was a Swingline..."

Attachments

• 3200312173.jpg
    3200312173.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 201
"I think someone stole my stapler. It was a Swingline..."
:p

Uh, yeeeeeeeeeah . . . .If you could stop getting your picture taken with elephants on company time - that'd be great.

I would like to meet the Florida gator and Fighting Irish leprechaun, because I would like to punch them both in the face.

If I had to pick a mascot, I think Ralphie the buffalo is sort of cool. Getting led out onto the field by a stampeding buffalo is pretty unique.

SDVAWEUKCDIFBBM.20040211185222.jpg

Why did Tennessee stop using the Tennessee walking horse as part of the Vols home games???? I'm thinking because of the turf....

I have to admit the Seminoles having the flaming spear and all of that is pretty cool to see at a night game

chiefNew.jpg

However, the Alabama mascot(s) are both pretty lame:

Mr. Snuffalufugus and a box of degergent with a roll of TP stuck to it,

I guess the latter makes sense as not too many Bammers use either product on a regular basis :huh:

I have a couple of questions about mascots/team names. I was under the impression that your mascot or team name was something to strike fear in the hearts of your opponent. And should be territorial. If this is the case, who picked these things out?

Tennessee Volunteers: drunk rednecks with guns that will fight for cause and not stop until it's over.
Georgia Bulldogs: fat, lazy, ugly dog.
Florida Gators: slow, powerful, stupid, worthless in cold weather
Kentucky Wildcats: mean, psychotic, sneaky felines
Vanderbilt Commodores: Old sailor dude.
South Carolina Gamecocks: it's a chicken OK
Alabama Crimson Tide: what the hell IS a crimson tide anyway?
Auburn Tigers/War Eagles: Pick one and go with it. either a big mean cat or a big bird with big claws
LSU tigers: big mean cat
Miss St Bulldogs: see UGA
Ole Miss Rebels: Old drunk dude with a stick
Arkansas Razorbacks: big wild pig with huge tusks, could probably kill you. tasty on the grill

Then there are the others that make no sense. OSU Buckeyes: It's a nut. Or a rock. whatever
Va Tech Hokies: what the hell IS a hokie?
Maryland Terrapins: a turtle?? puh-leeeeze
West Virginia Mountaineers: inbred drunk redneck hillbillies with guns.

Feel free to add to the list.

That elephant's hand already looks like it was punched in, and its teal?? Whats up with that. :unsure:

Hello Vol fans. I am new to this site, and I think it is awesome! I am originally from South Mississippi, near Biloxi, but have bee a Vol fan for as long as I can remember.

On to the topic of mascots, it's not one I really hate, or like, but growing up in Mississippi and seeing the Delta State fighting okra come on the field was absolutely hilarious. It was a 7 foot tall piece of okra on steroids!

Hello Vol fans. I am new to this site, and I think it is awesome! I am originally from South Mississippi, near Biloxi, but have bee a Vol fan for as long as I can remember.

On to the topic of mascots, it's not one I really hate, or like, but growing up in Mississippi and seeing the Delta State fighting okra come on the field was absolutely hilarious. It was a 7 foot tall piece of okra on steroids!

:lol::lol::lol: Okra

VN Store

Back