Favorite defensive series of all time??

2001 in the Swamp. The Gators needed 8, they got 6, but we got the stop on the point 2 conversion.

1987 Kickoff Classic. Iowa had first-and-goal at the 1-yard line, and four plays later, Tennessee had a touchdown.

(starts at 52:07)

Gave me chills hearing down the field after the touchdown. I've never seen that play before it was like almost being taken back in time 30 years

1982-Mike Terry intercepting a pass in the end zone with 17 seconds left, allowing UT to hold off No. 2 Alabama for a 35-28 victory. Finally breaking the streak
moved to tuscaloosa that spring --, possibly the best day i had there.
only other best in ttown: stones and stevie wonder in 72

Reactions: MAD
Goodrich’s pick six in the Fiesta Bowl and the goal line stand against Kentucky in 1988 were nice ones too.

The one that got away...the last defensive series against LSU in the Dooley era.

The refs should have assessed a 15-yard penalty on the LSU player that removed his helmet while still on the field in the ensuing chaos.

So I rewatched the Miracle In South Bend game with a buddy. Turns out he was at the game and brought back some of the field.

Attachments

• 20200311_002841.jpg
    20200311_002841.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 12
  • 20200311_002855.jpg
    20200311_002855.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 11
Reactions: lukeneyland
"As the left-handed Shula rotated his shoulders back and raised his arm to release the pass, Jones continued rushing in, closing within about eight feet of the Alabama quarterback. Jones raised his arms, hoping to swat the pass down, and timed his jump with the flight of the ball. As he batted the ball and began tracking its fluttering flight directly above his head, as he was falling to the ground, Jones was able to reach up and grab the ball, hugging it close to his chest as he hit the turf."

October 19th, 1985...............@ Birmingham
Dale Jones INT!

CRr0NqeUsAM_fvL.jpg

"As the left-handed Shula rotated his shoulders back and raised his arm to release the pass, Jones continued rushing in, closing within about eight feet of the Alabama quarterback. Jones raised his arms, hoping to swat the pass down, and timed his jump with the flight of the ball. As he batted the ball and began tracking its fluttering flight directly above his head, as he was falling to the ground, Jones was able to reach up and grab the ball, hugging it close to his chest as he hit the turf."

October 19th, 1985...............@ Birmingham
Dale Jones INT!

CRr0NqeUsAM_fvL.jpg
You just chose this one because of the uniforms. :D

You just chose this one because of the uniforms. :D
I do like those,:cool:but that was a moment in my childhood that I will always remember. I was 15 and in Starkville with a friend at the MSU/Tulane game. Guy next to me in the stands was listening to the game and let me listen.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
I do like those,:cool:but that was a moment in my childhood that I will always remember. I was 15 and in Starkville with a friend at the MSU/Tulane game. Guy next to me in the stands was listening to the game and let me listen.

That’s awesome. Glad you were able to hear the game with the cowbells going. I’ve never been to Starkville, but I bet it was something back in 1985.

Edit: I’m with you on the uni’s . Those are sweet.

That’s awesome. Glad you were able to hear the game with the cowbells going. I’ve never been to Starkville, but I bet it was something back in 1985.

Edit: I’m with you on the uni’s . Those are sweet.

From 1979-1986......His family would take me to two State games a year, and we would take him to one game in Knoxville and one game in Tallahassee. Fun times! Got to see some amazing games and players.

From 1979-1986......His family would take me to two State games a year, and we would take him to one game in Knoxville and one game in Tallahassee. Fun times! Got to see some amazing games and players.
That sounds awesome. I guess that’s when Bowden was starting to turn FSU around. Had to be a great time around Tallahassee.

Reactions: peaygolf

VN Store

Back