Favorite defensive series of all time??

DeusExMachina

"I aim to misbehave"
What is your favorite Volunteer defensive series of all time??

I'll hang up and listen.

man, that's hard to pick

I'm thinking for me it would be a goal line stand or something in a big game. trying to figure out my favorite

Reactions: DeusExMachina
The Air Force game at the end was pretty exciting with the goal line stop. Georgia Tech ending was similar.

I probably actually like the more dominant performances like against Iowa in the tax slayer bowl with Barnett drilling them the whole time and Evan Berry finishing the game with a Pick 6.

Another fun filled time was 2014 at South Cackalacky in OT. Following a great comeback by Dobbs and Co in regulation, we were held to a FG on our OT possession. It didn't look great for the Vols at 45-42 and the Cocks had their OT possession. But, Barnett and Maggit took turns sacking the QB, and the game ended with Spurrier sending out his kicker who was woefully short from about 60 yards. I nearly froze at that game, and I think I had a frozen smile on my face during the entire drive back to TN.

Every single one where we stopped them and got the ball back is tied for first place.
Especially the goal-line-stand variety. Here are some that come to mind: 1) 1964 at Baton Rouge La. - LSU had first and goal inside the 5 and did not score. Game ended in 3-3 tie. 2) This year. Goal Line stand vs. Kentucky to end the game. Vols win 17-13. 3) 1998 goal line stand vs. Auburn. Vols win 17-9; 4)1996 goal line stand vs. Bama, ending in blocked field goal attempt. TN wins game 20-13; 5)1996 Citrus Bowl with goal line stand/stuff of Eddie George by Bill Duff vs. Ohio State. Vols win 20-14; I'm sure there are more...

Reactions: CR-vol and Hacksaw
98 UF, Halting Heisman Eddie George, Sugar Vols of 85/86 over Miami, all the previous ones mentioned still gives me chills and makes me want to run through a wall. But this season's 4 plays at the goal line halting UK were it for me. To'oTo'o's 3rd down play was a textbook thesis on how to pay football linebacker with physicality. Then Bituli & Warrior making the 4th and goal play also in an almost textbook way of how they should have played that defense is back to back running not through a brick wall, but a breeko block wall!! GBO!!!

VN Store

Back