Favorite coach in college football?

Pruitt of course, Dabo, Chris Petersen.

Man there's so many. Dabo (for keeping Bama inline), Leach for his humor, Mullen for his goofiness, Jimbo (could listen to him talk all day) Petersen, Les. Jimbo is building something special and could see him giving Bama fits in 2 years if not next.

Reactions: Remy
I like Brohm for what he and Purdue did for that sick fan during the OSU game and beyond

Neal Brown and Scott Satterfield, besides Coach Pruitt, of course...:D

GO VOLS...RECRUIT LIKE HECK!

Ever....Bobby Bowden, but I did love Majors
Today.....Mike Leach

Gotta give props to "the Ole' Ball Coach" ......favorite coach to hate.

Have a lot of respect for Dantonio given what he's accomplished at Mich St with the resources he has. His response to the "little brother" comment from Michigan was awesome during his first year. He's gone 8-4 against Michigan there. Coach O and Leach are also up there.

Favorite coach who is no longer coaching is Spurrier.

Reactions: Remy
Had a cousin who is now deceased that played for Majors in the early 80's. He's always been a Vol favorite.
Phil is a very friendly and approachable guy.

This guy wasn't and isn't a Vol favorite by any means but Steve Spurrier would be up there.

I ve told this story before but I'll put it here again.

2016 Florida game in Knoxville, Vols are down by 3 scores and come back to win in dominating fashion. We leave the game and head to our hotel. Upon arriving we go down to the lobby where we have a bar/grill to eat and re-hydrate. We got through traffic pretty well and when we arrived there were only 4 or 5 people there eating at the time. Im sitting at the end of the table closest to the entrance when I look across the way and none other than the Old Ball Coach is walking that direction. Somewhat stunned (have never met the guy), he walks right up to me like we know each other somehow, extends his hand and what came out of his mouth I will never forget.
"Well, well, good game Vaws, Ya'll kicked our ass in that second half."

Ironically enough Im sitting at the table with a good friend of mine that played basketball at South Carolina. I had bought him a ticket to the game because the last UT game he had been to was the 98' UF game in Knoxville. I even got him to buy a UT polo to wear which he had on at the time. After the exchange with Spurrier he and his wife stop where we are sitting to watch the SC/UK game which was on the tv right beside us. They hung around and talked for a half hour or better.

Ole Steve never skipped a chance to take a shot at UT during his coaching days, but he and his wife were both very cordial and engaging that day.

VN Store

Back