Fashion-related Trends of Today that will be Made Fun of in 30-40 Years

Putting it all over your house as a design/decor element hasn't been around a long time though.
Your statement was too simplistic. Ship lap is an excellent way to keep water/rain out of a structure. It is also attractive. If you are speaking of the bastardized interior use then I agree.
If you get true ship lap on the exterior or your house you are probably building a custom home.

I think they should fit about like this, maybe slightly looser, but Posh Spice needs to do some squats, himself.

famous-brand-fashion-designer-denim-classic.jpg
Them don’t fit over my Lucchese’s.

Your statement was too simplistic. Ship lap is an excellent way to keep water/rain out of a structure. It is also attractive. If you are speaking of the bastardized interior use then I agree.
If you get true ship lap on the exterior or your house you are probably building a custom home.
Yes, that's what I mean. The Chip & Joanna Gaines/HGTV shows where it is put all over the house. That, as far as I know, is a recent phenomenon that I can see not aging very well.

Never understood the hate for cargo shorts. I don't see why pockets on the side are somehow embarrassing to people who make lists. If shorts are appropriate for something I don't see why side pockets aren't too.

Last edited:
Reactions: hog88
Nothing at all wrong with an athletic-cut shirt or tailored suit, if you're in the shape to wear them.

Skinny jeans? Nope.

And, for the love, please don't roll them up. That needed to die forever in the late 80s.

Tight rolling your jeans was awesome!

I only wear flip flops. I will put on shoes for a nicer restaurant and dinner parties.

Same, in warm weather. Dress shoes most days at the office, usually Eccos, athletic shoes to run or lift, flip flops otherwise, unless it's a higher end restaurant or event.

I'm taller with thin legs, and I just think more substantial shoes look funny with shorts (and make your feet stink if worn without socks).

Maybe I need to move back to the beach.

Yes, that's what I mean. The Chip & Joanna Gaines/HGTV shows where it is put all over the house. That, as far as I know, is a recent phenomenon that I can see not aging very well.
The lady hangs trash on the wall and calls it decorating. I'd rather have a picture finger painted by a five-year old.

VN Store

Back