Fashion-related Trends of Today that will be Made Fun of in 30-40 Years

The lumberjack/lumbersexual thing. I don't mean wearing a flannel shirt here and there, but wearing the flannel combined with the beard and hipster glasses.

Women wearing workout clothes everywhere is a trend that will pass and will be looked back on with derision. It also is just an American thing too, which is interesting. I've heard Europeans say "Why do Americans wear workout clothes everywhere, not just when they are working out?"

I work in home repairs/remodeling, I'm trying to think of something I've seen or done that might be out of style later on like that ugly green bathroom tile is now, and like shag carpet and wood paneling. I can't think of anything.
I don't think shiplap is going to age well. I think it'll probably be looked back on like wallpaper and popcorn ceilings.

apparently, you haven't seen many size 2 yoga pants on a size 16 (not so curvy in the right spots) body.

...along with a too-small tube top, with pasty white rolls of dimply flesh spilling out, looking like somebody opened up a can of biscuits.

Women wearing workout clothes everywhere is a trend that will pass and will be looked back on with derision. It also is just an American thing too, which is interesting. I've heard Europeans say "Why do Americans wear workout clothes everywhere, not just when they are working out?"

The world should be thanking us then, and at least our women shave their armpits.

Reactions: Notorious B.E.N
My hope for men is that skinny jeans and short frat-boy shorts go away as quick as they came.

Also, I don't know if they were ever really "in style," but I'm glad I don't see many grown ups wearing Crocs anymore.

Reactions: tumscalcium and SDV
My hope for men is that skinny jeans and short frat-boy shorts go away as quick as they came.

Also, I don't know if they were ever really "in style," but I'm glad I don't see many grown ups wearing Crocs anymore.
Lol I have a pair of Crocs, i just wear them around the house.

All that funky hair dye, the greens, the purple, the pink. I think it's ran it's course.

I’m afraid crocs are coming back in style. My teenager said people are wearing them at school.

Reactions: wildnkrazykat

Love my croc sliders.

Being in Florida we spend a lot of time around pools, water parks, beaches, etc and Crocs just make it easier. At this point in my life comfort and speed easily outrank fashion. Some version of them will be around for a long time

Being in Florida we spend a lot of time around pools, water parks, beaches, etc and Crocs just make it easier. At this point in my life comfort and speed easily outrank fashion. Some version of them will be around for a long time

What about sandals (Reefs, Olukai, etc) or even Teva/Chacos?

What about sandals (Reefs, Olukai, etc) or even Teva/Chacos?

Sanuk Vagabonds. Freakin love em. They're like outdoor house slippers. Basically a flipflop sole with a canvas upper sewed on.

sanuk1-281x300.jpg

Edit: I guess this post runs directly counter to the point of the thread but what the hell.

Reactions: NorCalVol67
The radical feminists want masculinity exterminated. Guys, you can't "grow a pair" back after they've neutered you. Please stop with the skinny jeans, "man" buns, and onesie rompers.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 4
Sanuk Vagabonds. Freakin love em. They're like outdoor house slippers. Basically a flipflop sole with a canvas upper sewed on.

sanuk1-281x300.jpg

Edit: I guess this post runs directly counter to the point of the thread but what the hell.

I have some Sanuks, too. Comfortable and look cool, but they can get stinky and are not good for wet activities (which I assume people use Crocs for).

The Croc canvas loafers look all right. They're comfortable too.

Sandals will rub my feet raw walking around in a park all day. Are teva's really that much of an improvement over Crocs?

They aren't really my style, but I think so, yes. Once you get used to them, you can walk a long way in good sandals and still keep your dignity :p

They aren't really my style, but I think so, yes. Once you get used to them, you can walk a long way in good sandals and still keep your dignity :p
I'm perfectly ok wearing my Crocs and would prefer them over Teva's (had enough of those in HS). They're more dignified than what most people squeeze into at the water park or beach. If you're at a location that accepts flip flops then you should just accept Crocs as a viable alternative. The difference is really negligible

Leave my Crocs alone and I won't judge your pleated Dockers or St John's Bay :) (not you, just in general)

Last edited:
Reactions: vader
I'm perfectly ok wearing my Crocs and would prefer them over Teva's (had enough of those in HS). They're more dignified than what most people squeeze into at the water park or beach. If you're at a location that accepts flip flops then you should just accept Crocs as a viable alternative. The difference is really negligible

Leave my Crocs alone and I won't judge your pleated Dockers or St John's Bay :) (not you, just in general)

Ugh. Some of us have to wear pleated pants because we have horse butts that stick way out in back and make all pants obscenely tight in front unless there are pleats to add some extra room. When I was 18 and fit, the horse butt was a plus but on a fitty-sumpin with a belly I'm just built like a broken thumb.

I don't think shiplap is going to age well. I think it'll probably be looked back on like wallpaper and popcorn ceilings.
Shiplap has been around for a long long time. In fact you could call it timeless. Sadly it is not a cheap way to build so you aren't going to see a lot of real shiplap in the US.
Wall paper comes and goes. It might be out at the moment, or in? Each cycle seems to last 15-20 years.
It has also been around for a long time.

Shiplap has been around for a long long time. In fact you could call it timeless. Sadly it is not a cheap way to build so you aren't going to see a lot of real shiplap in the US.
Wall paper comes and goes. It might be out at the moment, or in? Each cycle seems to last 15-20 years.
It has also been around for a long time.
Putting it all over your house as a design/decor element hasn't been around a long time though.

VN Store

Back