Fans we need to act fast rather than talking..

We only have three productive players coming back and one semi productive players. I think we'll see 50 or 60 minutes out of Davis, Westbrooks, and Hayes.

I don't think they will see those many minutes. Te'a and Cheridene will probably grab most of the minutes that become available from graduation, so the only remaining minutes will be from the other players. Maybe 35 minutes or so, and that's assuming that MeMe loses most of her minutes and Diamond, Jaime and Alexa all give up about 6 minutes of PT each.

I don't think they will see those many minutes. Te'a and Cheridene will probably grab most of the minutes that become available from graduation, so the only remaining minutes will be from the other players. Maybe 35 minutes or so, and that's assuming that MeMe loses most of her minutes and Diamond, Jaime and Alexa all give up about 6 minutes of PT each.

I'll stick with my prediction of 50 to 60 minutes no way Alexa gets 30 with her ability to play defense. Jaime has a bad shooting night she will go to the bench and she is prone to two fouls early. Diamond probably plays no more than 32 she has played larger minutes this year because she had to and of course injuries will play a part as well.

Don't forget about Te'a and Cheridene. Those two, along with Davis and Evina, will likely be starters. Maybe KK might be ready start by her sophomore year.

Hayes, Massengill, and Jackson provide depth at the G spot. That's a pretty solid rotation, and I don't think they need any additional players at these spots.

Collins provides depth at the post. They could use one more quality big to take over for Cheridene the following year. Harris should improve enough to provide a meaningful 10 minutes or so as a junior if needed. She's got a great basketball body. She just needs to put in the work on her fundamentals.

That leaves a needed backup for Davis at the wing. Balogun would fit here, but I wouldn't blame her if she wanted to go someplace that offered more minutes.

I did not forget them...just thought you would know?
First you are assuming Green is a given starter and has yet to play one second! Does Jana Tucker ring any bells?
But for argument sake she is a starter. I will give you Tea as a starter. Now you have four Sophomores players to use as you wish. If you play Tea and Hayes together... teams will take advantage of their height on defense (like they post up Middleton now and she cannot stop anyone on the low post... imagine that times two) so do you use KK as first Sub ???

You mention MeMe and somehow she is going to develop an offense in the next two years? (I hope so)

You have stated : Harris will be able to play 10 minutes a game by then? She hasn't played ten minutes this year... maybe in two more years? I like her body size also but just don't think she will ever play! ( how about Kortney... now there is a nice body)😈

You just stated in other post that freshmen cannot be counted on for many minutes or points? (Nard and Mercedes)

You brought up Balogun as a substitute player and we may not even get her or anyone else! ( remember when we only got Tea and MeMe)

I guess I don't get your positive attitude towards 2018!
I hope I live long enough to see that year and we both are still on this forum ! One of us is going to be able to say:
(I TOLD YOU SO) 🤔

PS Food for thought: Andrea Carter? Jasmine Jones ? Massengale? Harrison? Jana Tucker? Tea Cooper? Mercedes? And I can go on but I am tired of talking and typing but maybe you will get my point about being so positive! Or not ? :thud:

I did not forget them...just thought you would know?
First you are assuming Green is a given starter and has yet to play one second! Does Jana Tucker ring any bells?
But for argument sake she is a starter. I will give you Tea as a starter. Now you have four Sophomores players to use as you wish. If you play Tea and Hayes together... teams will take advantage of their height on defense (like they post up Middleton now and she cannot stop anyone on the low post... imagine that times two) so do you use KK as first Sub ???

You mention MeMe and somehow she is going to develop an offense in the next two years? (I hope so)

You have stated : Harris will be able to play 10 minutes a game by then? She hasn't played ten minutes this year... maybe in two more years? I like her body size also but just don't think she will ever play! ( how about Kortney... now there is a nice body)😈

You just stated in other post that freshmen cannot be counted on for many minutes or points? (Nard and Mercedes)

You brought up Balogun as a substitute player and we may not even get her or anyone else! ( remember when we only got Tea and MeMe)

I guess I don't get your positive attitude towards 2018!
I hope I live long enough to see that year and we both are still on this forum ! One of us is going to be able to say:
(I TOLD YOU SO) 🤔

PS Food for thought: Andrea Carter? Jasmine Jones ? Massengale? Harrison? Jana Tucker? Tea Cooper? Mercedes? And I can go on but I am tired of talking and typing but maybe you will get my point about being so positive! Or not ? :thud:

I think if Greene was recruited with a torn ACL, then she must have something to give. She put up good numbers in the JUCO ranks, which is a significant step up from the HS ranks. If choosing between her and KK, I would expect her to have more of an impact as she's played an additional 2 years against tougher competition, plus her experience in the England National Team.

Middleton will be a senior and has put up good numbers this year, so I expect that she will be given priority over the freshmen as long as she is producing. I think Holly will initially have MeMe ahead of them in the rotation. She played a lot of minutes this year and she'll be an upperclassman. If Holly puts her behind the freshmen at the start of the season, she might as well transfer.

Harris has the potential to be a contributor...more so than Nia Moore. To clarify, she has a great body for basketball (get your mind out of the gutter!). She doesn't need to be a dominant post player or the centerpiece of the team, but after a year of being in the program, she should be ready to contribute backup minutes as a sophomore...potentially more than KK at the get-go.

Tennessee will potentially lose a lot after next season: Alexa, Jaime, and Diamond/MR if they don't leave this season. This incoming class is the #1 recruiting class, and they will have to live up to the hype. UConn lost the top 3 WNBA picks, and they are carried by underclassmen who were not key players for them last year. That is what the 2017 class will need to shoulder come 2018, and if they don't, then they just weren't that good to begin with.

Cooper, Hayes, Massengill, Jackson and Westbrook is a solid guard rotation. Davis, Collins, Greene, KK, and Harris is a good start in the frontcourt. 2018 recruiting is still underway, and the recruiting team is going after a few forwards and wings. If they get one of each, they will be in good shape for the 2018 season. They won't be a championship team, and maybe not even a FF team, but they have the pieces they need and if they pick up two more positional recruits in 2018, they will have depth at each position to handle injuries. If you expect them to have 13 McD AAs, with 8 of them patiently sitting on the bench waiting for some crumbs in case of an injury, I don't think that's a realistic expectation.

I think if Greene was recruited with a torn ACL, then she must have something to give. She put up good numbers in the JUCO ranks, which is a significant step up from the HS ranks. If choosing between her and KK, I would expect her to have more of an impact as she's played an additional 2 years against tougher competition, plus her experience in the England National Team.

Middleton will be a senior and has put up good numbers this year, so I expect that she will be given priority over the freshmen as long as she is producing. I think Holly will initially have MeMe ahead of them in the rotation. She played a lot of minutes this year and she'll be an upperclassman. If Holly puts her behind the freshmen at the start of the season, she might as well transfer.

Harris has the potential to be a contributor...more so than Nia Moore. To clarify, she has a great body for basketball (get your mind out of the gutter!). She doesn't need to be a dominant post player or the centerpiece of the team, but after a year of being in the program, she should be ready to contribute backup minutes as a sophomore...potentially more than KK at the get-go.

Tennessee will potentially lose a lot after next season: Alexa, Jaime, and Diamond/MR if they don't leave this season. This incoming class is the #1 recruiting class, and they will have to live up to the hype. UConn lost the top 3 WNBA picks, and they are carried by underclassmen who were not key players for them last year. That is what the 2017 class will need to shoulder come 2018, and if they don't, then they just weren't that good to begin with.

Cooper, Hayes, Massengill, Jackson and Westbrook is a solid guard rotation. Davis, Collins, Greene, KK, and Harris is a good start in the frontcourt. 2018 recruiting is still underway, and the recruiting team is going after a few forwards and wings. If they get one of each, they will be in good shape for the 2018 season. They won't be a championship team, and maybe not even a FF team, but they have the pieces they need and if they pick up two more positional recruits in 2018, they will have depth at each position to handle injuries. If you expect them to have 13 McD AAs, with 8 of them patiently sitting on the bench waiting for some crumbs in case of an injury, I don't think that's a realistic expectation.

Jana Tucker was recruited with a torn ACL also and we know how well that went! Just saying that until Green plays a game....I am not going to give her status next year must less in 2018 (Just me I guess)

Middleton was a train wreck her Freshman year and just a little bit better last year.... It has taken her to late this year that she can be depended on to contribute and not too bad a liability... She has won some games for us I will give her that..

Harris vs Nia !!! It took Nia about four years before she looked like a good sub.... I hope you are right about her???? My Emoji was an acknowledgement of where I was going... but I think Glue would appreciate the compliment about the young lady! I thought you would catch the correlation between having a good body and being a basketball play doesn't necessarily compute!

I do not think you will be able to play Tea and Hayes together unless you use a zone defense.. (Nicoletti is 5'10' and stout... strong enough to hold up inside unless completely outmatched by a six foot plus guard.)

MeMe I have watched in High school and for two years at UT..... Balogun is better than her both offensively and defensively right NOW (Just my opinion)

You are already depending on Davis to get inside and bang with the bigs??? I have no opinion on this as I have only seen video and most of the time she is shooting 3's. Collins review reads as she is an inside player developing her outside game??? KK gives me concerns as to can she contribute sooner rather than later.... 55 rated by hoop girls and I have a recording of her and Dodson playing a tournament game. (again I am worried)

"Recruiting team going after forwards and wings!"
"you said: we don't need any wings because we have Davis??" Who are they going after as I would like to follow the recruitment... just an interest of mine. You sound like you are on the recruiting team and have all the answers to where everyone is going to play and how good we are going to be? I hope you are right:rock:

PS The crumbs you speak of in 2018 is your assumption that all six of the veterans will be able to play 40 minutes with two verbals to help? This is one place we disagree.... I think a high ranked Freshman DeCosta or Nicoletti will get minutes as substitutes in every quarter of the game ... that is if Holly wants to keep fresh players on the floor?

Last edited:

Pretty generous appraisal for a player who has shown nothing, not even a glimpse, on a thin mediocre team. I'd be very surprised if Harris is ever ahead of KK in the rotation. In fact, I'd be surprised if Harris is ever a factor here....

Reactions: 1 person
Pretty generous appraisal for a player who has shown nothing, not even a glimpse, on a thin mediocre team. I'd be very surprised if Harris is ever ahead of KK in the rotation. In fact, I'd be surprised if Harris is ever a factor here....

Agree Darth.... first sentence says so much!

Harris has POTENTIAL to be better than NIA!
(This is a goal that all recruits should aspire to)

How much money does lady vols basketball bring in compared to all other ladies sports.

How much money does lady vols basketball bring in compared to all other ladies sports.

Not sure as to dollars, but a couple of years ago UT told us the only self supporting teams were football, and it basically supports all other sports, men's and women's basketball. If the attendance keeps dropping at the LV games, I doubt they will continue being self supporting. Unless there are donars that affect the $$ coming into the program. All donations go in a pool now; we used to donate to football and Lady Vols basketball but they stopped that a few years ago. You just donate to athletics now. But you can give an endowment, minimum $25,000, and I know that can be directed. Call Andrea Piercy at UT, and she will be glad to help you design a giving program or even a one time shot:).

Edit: Not sure how clear that first sentence was. Football and men and women's basketball were self supporting. All other teams, whether men or women, are not. Basically the football team supports all the others. For decades, the football team also gave to the academic side. Our glorious leaders put athletics in such a hole a a few years back that they had to quit that donation. They may have actually had to get some assistance from the university. I believe that was to be very short term, and hopefully, if that is what occurred, they are back to supporting academics again. Someone probably remembers all the details of whatever happened.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back