Fans vs Athletes, sorta!

fla orange

Its times like this, when things look bleak from coming off a 3 win season, firing of Head Coach after 3 Years. Did not get the BIG NAME Coach, finding a new DC as the search for YES still eludes us. Sitting here looking at my wool blend Championship banner I bought after the 98 season. I understand the student athlete has to do what they feel us right, that's how I make my decisions. Never had the chance to go to UT nevermind the thrill of being a player running thru the T. Heck it would be easy to switch teams as a fan. No paperwork involved no relocating. Easy! But as bad as things have become, would not! Could not! Bail on Team! Atheletes who in my humble opinion have been offered and accepted the Orange and White jersey with the Power T, when their Team fails to compete at the highest level, they fall back to individuals, No! They did not throw a pick 6! But did they stop the other team from scoring? Didnt throw a pick 6, but did that run hard enough and break tackles to score and make up for the 6? Team lost 7 games. I get your Coach/Recruiter is gone! If you atheletes jump to the portal, then future recruits should quit holding up ball caps signifying which school you committed too! Just start holding up pics of Coaches! Makes since right? Cuz their who you committed to! You dont know our history! Players like Billy Bates, Jason Witten and others of they lost all but three?? Would be angry at themselves and would bleed out of every pore! To make sure next season was different! NO! WAY! IN! HELL! Would they be running to a transfer portal! And yes! It would be easy for us to switch teams! Jump on the Bama, or Clemson Bandwagon! (OHIO ST! NOT EVER) I even threw up in my mouth a bit using bama! Those Vol Legends aren't porthole kinda guys! And our Fanbase sure as HELL! ain't either! ADIOS! felica!!

Reactions: kcvols1
Its times like this, when things look bleak from coming off a 3 win season, firing of Head Coach after 3 Years. Did not get the BIG NAME Coach, finding a new DC as the search for YES still eludes us. Sitting here looking at my wool blend Championship banner I bought after the 98 season. I understand the student athlete has to do what they feel us right, that's how I make my decisions. Never had the chance to go to UT nevermind the thrill of being a player running thru the T. Heck it would be easy to switch teams as a fan. No paperwork involved no relocating. Easy! But as bad as things have become, would not! Could not! Bail on Team! Atheletes who in my humble opinion have been offered and accepted the Orange and White jersey with the Power T, when their Team fails to compete at the highest level, they fall back to individuals, No! They did not throw a pick 6! But did they stop the other team from scoring? Didnt throw a pick 6, but did that run hard enough and break tackles to score and make up for the 6? Team lost 7 games. I get your Coach/Recruiter is gone! If you atheletes jump to the portal, then future recruits should quit holding up ball caps signifying which school you committed too! Just start holding up pics of Coaches! Makes since right? Cuz their who you committed to! You dont know our history! Players like Billy Bates, Jason Witten and others of they lost all but three?? Would be angry at themselves and would bleed out of every pore! To make sure next season was different! NO! WAY! IN! HELL! Would they be running to a transfer portal! And yes! It would be easy for us to switch teams! Jump on the Bama, or Clemson Bandwagon! (OHIO ST! NOT EVER) I even threw up in my mouth a bit using bama! Those Vol Legends aren't porthole kinda guys! And our Fanbase sure as HELL! ain't either! ADIOS! felica!!

Likes for drunk posting and correct use of colloquial Spanish.

Been called an "A" hole many times! 😂But never a porthole. For that matter I've never been called Sammy Davis Jr. ( you youngins will have to google him)

I’ve been called Sammy Davis, Jr.

I think that’s only because I go crosseyed and do one hell of a softshoe once the bottle is empty.

Reactions: fla orange
It all comes down to the coach recruiting them. Some coaches, good or bad, recruit for the school. Coach Richt at Georgia was a good example. When he was fired, he didn't burn down the building on his way out. He told the recruits to stick with their commitment to the school because that was what he recruited them for. Unlike Coach Jones who tried to burn the place down after he was fired telling recruits they needed to go elsewhere. Not all did but Cade Mays among others bought into the story CBJ told. It seems Pruitt recruited for UT as well. The issue here was some recruits wanted to play for CJP and were looking forward to it and felt like they had the rug pulled out from under them. Seems more like a alumni donor or donors had it out for him and Fulmer and were willing to burn down the program to get their way. Which is why the investigation was leaked instead of being handled internally like ALL other schools (LSU, Florida, UNC, etc) have done lately. Even Georgia who was confirmed in the recruiting violations to have out bid us for Mims this year and Washington last year hasn't let anything out that an investigation is going on. Schools are circling the wagons and taking advantage of the weakened NCAA. Bottom line, coaches either recruit for the school or themselves. Personally, I want a coach that is grounded in who they are that put Tennessee first.

VN Store

Back