Fanbase is Fed up

That was the most clever excuse for condoning civil unrest I've ever heard.

Do better, post less.
oh waaaaah civil unrest. gmafb It is a football game with passionate fans. And it is a fact that the officiating sucked, which is NEVER an excuse I use, but other than not stopping their QB on third down, the refs cost us that game. Or maybe you were the only one in the entire country that heard a whistle.

Speaking of fines,why did Kentucky get a 250,000 dollar fine for running onto the field after the Florida win when Texass A& M only got a 100,000 dollar fine for doing the exact damn thing after the Alabama game?Is the state of Texass broke?

I know a majority on here did not and will not condone the behavior witnessed last night. I have seen some on this board excuse it saying, "Well, it wasnt like they were throwing bricks" Try getting hit in the head with a full water bottle from the upper deck and lets see what you think then. Wonder how many UT fans were hit? Sad when the band and cheerleaders have to be evacuated in fear of injury. As shown on tv, there was much more than water bottles being tossed. I am all for being a passionate fan and show my disapproval when a call is bad, but for the love of Pete, throwing 1 pound water bombs is way too far. Remember while in school the last time Bear Bryant played UT at home and fans from up in the stands started tossing liquor bottles toward the Bama team. Felt ashamed then as a student and feel ashamed now as an old man of how our fans behaved.

Yep. Every break going against us. Them calling back that td with basically no explanation. The ref comes in from 10 yards behind the ball and spots the ball a yard short (and of course to overturn a call means needing irrefutable/dna evidence). Which makes no sense. Why doesn’t the replay official spot the ball exactly where he thinks it belongs? He has a way better chance to get it right than the offical way behind the play in real time. To all the fake injuries. Bizarre. And forget about all that…if we abandon that stupid delayed run with small amd just roll hooker out amd have him either throw or run we probably win. Always tough to be a run fan.
Tell me about it. Them stinking refs. I can’t believed they muffed that punt and Ole Miss scored in the first quarter. What were those refs thinking? And the missed field goal? Those refs can’t kick for nothing. They really screwed us big time.

Reactions: USAFgolferVol
I truly believe the fanbase has lost their patience.

Ole Miss players taunting the fans and players, faking injuries to slow down our momentum, incompetent officiating, completely ruined a good game.

The fans are tired of being bullied and they finally snapped tonight.
There is another option to acting like a “class” fan base ... adopt the Raider fan mentality. Everyone is against us and all that. Probably would result in a lot of arrests, as no other teams jerseys would be allowed in Neyland under threat of violence. Fan base dresses for a street fight each home game. I’d advise against this course of action and opt for “classy”. If you haven’t been to a Raiders home game, then do a little research. Brutal for opponents.

That was the most clever excuse for condoning civil unrest I've ever heard.

Do better, post less.
I don't Condon civil unrest. I literally said we shouldn't have thrown things. I was pointing out that we packed that stadium and are passionate.
Read.better.dont.assume

I know a majority on here did not and will not condone the behavior witnessed last night. I have seen some on this board excuse it saying, "Well, it wasnt like they were throwing bricks" Try getting hit in the head with a full water bottle from the upper deck and lets see what you think then. Wonder how many UT fans were hit? Sad when the band and cheerleaders have to be evacuated in fear of injury. As shown on tv, there was much more than water bottles being tossed. I am all for being a passionate fan and show my disapproval when a call is bad, but for the love of Pete, throwing 1 pound water bombs is way too far. Remember while in school the last time Bear Bryant played UT at home and fans from up in the stands started tossing liquor bottles toward the Bama team. Felt ashamed then as a student and feel ashamed now as an old man of how our fans behaved.
Give us the damn death penalty and put us out of our misery. Pathetic show any way you cut it

Tennessee has been on the wrong end of so many ref screw jobs over the years that’s it is really absurd. Throwing crap on the field is not ok. I have hated Ole Miss for years because their dumba$$ fans threw oranges and hit our players in Neyland. What I saw last night was just as bad if not worse.

every keeps saying “classless.” Where does “class” get you? You gonna golf clap every play with an “aw shucks, it’s too bad that the refs, once again, make ****** calls to screw us over”?

You think Ohio State gets a fumble recovery for a touchdown called back at home? You think Bama gets that spot at home after a long fourth down? Save your brain power: they don’t.

Being a “classy” fan base gets us absolutely nowhere. People wear the term “classy” as some badge of honor that means something, when really all it means is being pushovers.

I wish that golf ball had hit Kiffin in the face and given him a black eye. **** him.

oh waaaaah civil unrest. gmafb It is a football game with passionate fans. And it is a fact that the officiating sucked, which is NEVER an excuse I use, but other than not stopping their QB on third down, the refs cost us that game. Or maybe you were the only one in the entire country that heard a whistle.

To be honest, I'm more upset that Sankey will order all SEC stadiums to ditch the mustard jars and replace them with the little mustard squeeze packets. When idiots do idiotic things, good people suffer for it.

I truly believe the fanbase has lost their patience.

Ole Miss players taunting the fans and players, faking injuries to slow down our momentum, incompetent officiating, completely ruined a good game.

The fans are tired of being bullied and they finally snapped tonight.
Bingo … very well said.. hell who could blame any of us Tennessee fans for being fed up even if you are a fan of any other school in the country … I mean people can see who’s got common sense wtf is reallly going on up on the HILL …..

Speaking of fines,why did Kentucky get a 250,000 dollar fine for running onto the field after the Florida win when Texass A& M only got a 100,000 dollar fine for doing the exact damn thing after the Alabama game?Is the state of Texass broke?

Is the state of Texass broke? I can answer that question….No, we are not broke. And the many Vol fans here would prefer the proper spelling. :cool:

I wasn’t there, and I don’t condone the “water bottle throwing” but I really do not blame our fans. Call it trashy or unsportsmanlike, but I don’t give a damn. We got screwed and I was shocked that we held it in that long lol.

1st vs 2nd vs 3rd violations…it escalates.

Reactions: TartanTurff

VN Store

Back