Falling Behind...

rexvol

The Minister of Defense
Some other SEC teams ranked ahead of Tennessee by Rivals.com include LSU (11), Auburn (16) and South Carolina (24). Vanderbilt is tied with Louisiana-Monroe at No. 85.

Don't remember too much complaining last year... I wish people would realize we aren't gonna have a top 5 class every single year.

Do you guys understand a "needs" class.....

Here is 3 examples --

Ohio State "needs Offensive and Defensive Linemen"- they have commits from 7 players 4 in the top 100 and 6 in top 250

Florida "needs secondary help" they have 5 commits all ranked within the top 150

USC "needs interior OL and DL" they have 6 commits and one pending and all are within top 150

a needs draft must be focused on a few players and some tenaciousness. DO NOT give up on this guy and that one -- UT has blown it with Hurst, should have gone after Zebrie Sanders and must commit to McClain and Page as if they are the only two left on their board or this will be a disappointment

Dallas Thomas is available. How do you know that our board is not this small by design? Maybe CPF put so many eggs into the McClain/Page/Thomas basket that others felt slighted. If we sign 2 of those 3(or all), then our OL class will shape up nicely.

How do you know that our board is not this small by design?

Is this a possibility? I have no idea how the 2009 class looks at this point... but as crazy as it sounds could we be strategically leaving a few schollies on the table for next years class?

I'm not saying we are leaving schollys. This was going to be a small class the whole time. Then add Morley and Warren and we lose two schollys. We obviously picked one up with Mayo leaving, though. I'm just saying that maybe we aren't as bad off as it seems.

With the new additions of Morley, G. Williams, and B. Warren.. that right there adds 3 HUGE pieces to the recruiting trail for 2008. They could all have as big as an impact as any other freshman in the nation.. basically, think of them as a five star recruit.. HAHA!

It would be nice if people would quit stressing on a year that was going to be thin on schollies anyway. We have a lot of young talent and, unfortunately for the top prospects, many of them don't like competition for the starting spots. They only want the max amount of playing time to showcase their athleticism for the NFL. Rivals and other scouting mags hardly ever get the next sure thing right so quit putting so much stock in it. The future ability of a player can't always be judged by the stats in HS. I think that we will be fine with whatever we get this year as long as the staff has concentrated on what we need. Remember, the OC and rest of the staff are new to the scene and will take a little tiime to get the word out about their intentions for schemes. This will probably not pay off until next year. Til then give em some slack and get excited about next year until given reason otherwise!!!!!!! GO VOLS :rock:

You'd think that after adding a couple of coaches from VA to the staff the least they could do is bring in one elite prospect from that state.

You'd think that after adding a couple of coaches from VA to the staff the least they could do is bring in one elite prospect from that state.

I would doubt that the new "oc" was recruiting the same athlete at Richmond that he'll be after here at Tennessee.

Yeah, and that's USC, in Los Angeles. This is Knoxville, TN... little smaller market if you haven't noticed that coaches have to try to get these kids to buy into.

so that explains all those National Championshps under Ted Tollner, Larry Smith, and Paul Hackett

Are you trying to suggest that there aren't more blue chip HS f-ball players in metro LA than all of Tn?

Im saying that a large market doesnt guarantee success and a small market isnt an exuse for mediocrity.

VN Store

Back