Fall Scrimmages 2018

OldTimer

919 miles
Staff member
FallBall_2018.jpg

I will not be doing a Pick'em for the Georgia State scrimmages due to the fact that I have no idea how they will be played.....starters for a few innings, mixed line-up, all subs, etc.

I plan on having a Pick'em for the Alabama game so check back often.

OT

Tough to see...and hear... at the end. Spoke with a GS parent afterwards and they were both able to move all extremities. Concussions for both and i think one broke his jaw according to the parent. Very scary.

Vols looked really good, and MUCH improved over last season. Crochet was really impressive. Hunley looked really good too. Z Daniel has some crazy pop when he makes contact. All the freshmen pitchers looked good. Catchers are much improved, at least defensively. Stallings looks good too and hopefully he can stay strong over the season. Defense in the field is much better based on today. Excited to see what is in store for this team. I think A LOT!

Tough to see...and hear... at the end. Spoke with a GS parent afterwards and they were both able to move all extremities. Concussions for both and i think one broke his jaw according to the parent. Very scary.

Vols looked really good, and MUCH improved over last season. Crochet was really impressive. Hunley looked really good too. Z Daniel has some crazy pop when he makes contact. All the freshmen pitchers looked good. Catchers are much improved, at least defensively. Stallings looks good too and hopefully he can stay strong over the season. Defense in the field is much better based on today. Excited to see what is in store for this team. I think A LOT!

Thanks for the insight. How did the jucos we brought in look (Pence, Soulaire, Martinez)? Interested to see how much impact they can make.

Reactions: RollerVol
Thanks for the insight. How did the jucos we brought in look (Pence, Soulaire, Martinez)? Interested to see how much impact they can make.

All are good and I think all will contribute. Pence has gained some weight so i think he will only play 3rd or even possibly 1b. Martinez may be the teams best glove and from what I’ve seen and heard, both he and Soulaire will be getting time. I think all three are key to a good season.

I’m trying to figure out this lineup! I’m sure Charleston will be starting somewhere in the OF. The coaches seem to love Z. Daniel so it will be hard to keep him on the bench. Andre is sure to start somewhere, but where? Catcher looks wide open. Lots of options at 1b. Martinez and Pence will probably be starting somewhere. Lots of competition for all spots. The days of starting just because no one else is available for a particular position (1b, catcher, 3b, 2b, LF etc) is gone.

I’m trying to figure out this lineup! I’m sure Charleston will be starting somewhere in the OF. The coaches seem to love Z. Daniel so it will be hard to keep him on the bench. Andre is sure to start somewhere, but where? Catcher looks wide open. Lots of options at 1b. Martinez and Pence will probably be starting somewhere. Lots of competition for all spots. The days of starting just because no one else is available for a particular position (1b, catcher, 3b, 2b, LF etc) is gone.
Yeah I think there will be starters from last year who will really need to fight to see time.

Thanks for the insight. Did Gray or Pavolony start behind the dish? Where was Soulaire playing? Who did you think was the most impressive newcomer at the plate and on the mound?

VN Store

Back