Fall of the Confederate Wall - Confederate Symbols Debate (Merged)

Grand Vol, you asked about why I haven't answered Hog's question. Well, partly because I just now checked this forum again and partly because incoherent babel grads my ears (or eyes, as the case may be).

Anyhow, apparently both of you have some question that has something to do with my disaffinity to secession.

Okay.

So, the following about that:

1.The right of a state to secede is a contentious one. It's not nearly as clear-cut as many of you on here typically make it out to be. Post-Civil War rulings have suggested that it's not a right unilaterally, and that a majority of states need to agree to it (which I can abide by, halfway, at least, depending upon context and circumstances).

Now, like I said, this is post-War, so if you want to criticize such rulings for anti-secessionist/anti-Southern bias, then that's fair.

I will remind such critics, however, to be very mindful of capital and geography, two things that often go unnoticed when passions run deep. A) The US was not about to let the Mississippi basin, its source of shipping and agricultural power go; and, B) The South had no actual capital. It was merely a loose confederation of wealthy slave-owners who honestly, despite how bad the Reconstruction South was, would have led us (Southerners, my family included) into serious ****-hole-dom, had they won. I'm glad they didn't.

If you think the South is a bunch of moochers now (which it is, per capita), then you ought have seen the welfare state or chaos/in-fighting bunch of **** it would have turned into had the South one. Without any mineral or energy resources from the interior of the US (which most likely would have been shut off after independence), and with mixed foreign relations as a result, it would most likely have ended up either a failed state or a European whorehouse.

But that's just my educated opinion.

2. Working off that last part, concerning foreign influence, any secessioner had better not underestimate that. The US is a strong conglomerate that keeps foreign domination out, despite the ****ty Chinese products our corporations sell us for cheap.

To answer the babel of a question specifically, yes, hell, secede. I want officially stop you performing such actions, although the Federal government may.

If you want to form your own country in the interior, say, or in the Pacific Northwest, say, or in the South, say, go for it.

But know this. Passions aside, you would be limiting your industrial and resource base. Further, you're the one who is going to have to work out resource and water rights treaties with the rest of the US/****hole fragmented secessionist country. Good luck with that. States already have a hard enough time doing such things with the Federal government trying to aid.

Further, like I alluded to above, you risk weakening your country endeavor, and turning it into a whorehouse for a European or Asian power to maintain dominance over.

And my last point, which has nothing to do about the legitimacy of secession but has everything to do with the points I mention above. Should someone attempt to secede, it weakens my country in the process. Whether it's mineral, water, or energy resources, shipping lanes or airspace. So I will fight anyone who attempts to weaken my country.

Currently, the US is no where in any shape to warrant what I would consider a legitimate secession (hell, half the secessionists are still in the South, which mooches the most federal money!). Nor do I foresee it being in that kind of shape as long as we all maintain our commitment and our checks and balances.

Despite its flaws, which prove inherent in any system, whether the system be a country's political operative, an engine's cylinders, or a computer's long-term networking capacity, the US is one hell of a system. It's one fine-tuned machine. People on here ***** and moan about everything under the sun, because they're whiners, but the US is a healthy organism overall. Its economy is going to need some health soon, partly due to Southern states mooching off of it without putting enough back in, but it will survive. Its institutional organisms are very strong.

And utopia does not exist. That's fairy tale bull****.

Last edited:
Grand Vol, you asked about why I haven't answered Hog's question. Well, partly because I just now checked this forum again and partly because incoherent babel grads my ears (or eyes, as the case may be).

Anyhow, apparently both of you have some question that has something to do with my disaffinity to secession.

Okay.

So, the following about that:

1.The right of a state to secede is a contentious one. It's not nearly as clear-cut as many of you on here typically make it out to be. Post-Civil War rulings have suggested that it's not a right unilaterally, and that a majority of states need to agree to it (which I can abide by, halfway, at least, depending upon context and circumstances).

Now, like I said, this is post-War, so if you want to criticize such rulings for anti-secessionist/anti-Southern bias, then that's fair.

I will remind such critics, however, to be very mindful of capital and geography, two things that often go unnoticed when passions run deep. A) The US was not about to let the Mississippi basin, its source of shipping and agricultural power go; and, B) The South had no actual capital. It was merely a loose confederation of wealthy slave-owners who honestly, despite how bad the Reconstruction South was, would have led us (Southerners, my family included) into serious ****-hole-dom, had they won. I'm glad they didn't.

If you think the South is a bunch of moochers now (which it is, per capita), then you ought have seen the welfare state or chaos/in-fighting bunch of **** it would have turned into had the South one. Without any mineral or energy resources from the interior of the US (which most likely would have been shut off after independence), and with mixed foreign relations as a result, it would most likely have ended up either a failed state or a European whorehouse.

2. Working off that last part, concerning foreign influence, any secessioner had better not underestimate that. The US is a strong conglomerate that keeps foreign domination out, despite the ****ty Chinese products our corporations sell us for cheap.

To answer the babel of a question specifically, yes, hell, secede. I want officially stop you performing such actions, although the Federal government may.

If you want to form your own country in the interior, say, or in the Pacific Northwest, say, or in the South, say, go for it.

But know this. Passions aside, you would be limiting your industrial and resource base. Further, you're the one who is going to have to work out resource and water rights treaties with the rest of the US/****hole fragmented secessionist country. Good luck with that. States already have a hard enough time doing such things with the Federal government trying to aid.

Further, like I alluded to above, you risk weakening your country endeavor, and turning it into a whorehouse for a European or Asian power to maintain dominance over.

And my last point, which has nothing to do about the legitimacy of secession but has everything to do with the points I mention above. Should someone attempt to secede, it weakens my country in the process. Whether it's mineral, water, or energy resources, shipping lanes or airspace. So I will fight anyone who attempts to weaken my country.

Currently, the US is no where in any shape to warrant what I would consider a legitimate secession (hell, half the secessionists are still in the South, which mooches the most federal money!). Nor do I foresee it being in that kind of shape as long as we all maintain our commitment and our checks and balances.

Despite its flaws, which prove inherent in any system, whether the system be a country's political operative, an engine's cylinders, or a computer's long-term networking capacity, the US is one hell of a system. It's one fine-tuned machine. People on here ***** and moan about everything under the sun, because they're whiners, but the US is a healthy organism overall. Its economy is going to need some health soon, partly due to Southern states mooching off of it without putting enough back in, but it will survive. Its institutional organisms are very strong.

And utopia does not exist. That's fairy tale bull****.

Interesting. You still didn't answer the question. However you did prompt a follow on question.

Your biggest concern with secession appears to be the weakening of the country. Our federal government is working every day to do just that, what the **** are you doing about it?

Reactions: 1 person
Interesting. You still didn't answer the question. However you did prompt a follow on question.

Your biggest concern with secession appears to be the weakening of the country. Our federal government is working every day to do just that, what the **** are you doing about it?

So are the states. Only 8 states will run a budget surplus this year.

It appears nothing is ever good enough for you.

That's swell.

You just look out for you and yours.

That's all you give a damn about anyhow.

Good day to you, sir.

Please don't every ask me another idiotic and meaningless question you apparently already have answered in your head ever again. I'm tired of you.

That's swell.

Good day to you, sir.

Please don't every ask me another idiotic and meaningless question you apparently already have answered in your head ever again. I'm tired of you.

You still didn't answer the question.....

So are the states. Only 8 states will run a budget surplus this year.

How much of those budget deficits are due to underfunded pensions that invested heavily in mortgage backed securities? Since the taxpayer has been propping up the banks with about $4T, maybe the banks can pitch in and help out the states.

How much of those budget deficits are due to underfunded pensions that invested heavily in mortgage backed securities? Since the taxpayer has been propping up the banks with about $4T, maybe the banks can pitch in and help out the states.

So the banks should pay for bad decisions by the states? Not the banks fault the state propped them up.

You still didn't answer the question.....

Good, god, in heaven.

You all are helpless.

I'm sorry, I don't read incoherent babel like what self-righteous sir, Hog, most often posts.

Is secession legal? I don't know. I answered that in my previous post.

Is a party upon Lincoln's grave legal? Honestly, I don't know.

Would I ever support a secessionist movement? It depends,and it would require an awful lot. The right geographic/economic/demographic factors in place, and in response to a govt. that was completely totalitarian and using up all my fellows resources for its own gain.

I swear, some of you are so hard-headed, it almost numbs the mind.

What the ****, dude?

This is my last post about this. I'm tired of responding to you bunch of hard-headed buttheads, who can neither prove any point of your own nor can refute my claims.

I'm tired.

Shut up and just be content with your pleasant lives. What the **** is wrong with you numbskulls!

Good, god, in heaven.

You all are helpless.

I'm sorry, I don't read incoherent babel like what self-righteous sir, Hog, most often posts.

Would I ever support a secessionist movement? It depends,and it would require an awful lot. The right geographic/economic/demographic factors in place, and in response to a govt. that was completely totalitarian and using up all my fellows resources for its own gain.

What the ****, dude?

This is my last post about this. I'm tired of responding to you bunch of hard-headed buttheads, who can neither prove any point of your own nor can refute my claims.

I'm tired.

Shut up and just be content with your pleasant lives. What the **** is wrong with you numbskulls!
$$$

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 49

So...

Would you support an invasion by the Federal Government into a seceded State because of the budget deficit?

(I had to)

Did I just hear gloves slapped across someone's face?

Good, god, in heaven.

You all are helpless.

What the ****, dude?

I'm tired.

I thought you didn't believe in God, much less the premise of Heaven.

That's swell.

Good day to you, sir.

:eek:lol:

Good, god, in heaven.

You all are helpless.

What the ****, dude?

I'm tired.

:lolabove: :eek:lol:

:fireworks:

That's swell.

Good day to you, sir.

Did you etch a UT symbol on a Zippo earlier today by chance?

The Cato Institute is your friend. Try learning a bit instead of reading off left-wing talking points equating expenditures on military installations (located predominately in Southern and Red State locations) with welfare:

The Moocher Index | Cato @ Liberty

Vermont comes out in first place going away.

Moocher-Index1.jpg

And while we are on the subject of mooching....let's go back to the table from the original study produced in 2010 by the Center for Immigration Studies...

california-education-t3.jpg

Now prof: where is your scorn for the likes of Vermont, New York, Rhode Island, and Maine? Or are you going to claim that Southerners are the welfare queens up there as well?

The Cato Institute is your friend. Try learning a bit instead of reading off left-wing talking points equating expenditures on military installations (located predominately in Southern and Red State locations) with welfare:

The Moocher Index | Cato @ Liberty

Vermont comes out in first place going away.

Moocher-Index1.jpg

Vermont, Maine, New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island

New England with 6 in the top 10?

Vermont, Maine, New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island

New England with 6 in the top 10?

Yep. To make the claim Southerners are welfare queens, the left has to include military expenditures in the equation.

But let us say they were right. Let us believe for one moment that the blue states are the revenue generators and the red states are the takers.

Why would such a statistic make welfare spending more palatable, especially at the levels we are at in this era of Compassionate Conservatism/Hope & Change?

If Bubba in Mississippi, Jim Bob in Texas, and Homer in Kentucky are on the dole, then what on earth makes a liberal believe conservatives in this region would be happy with that fact?

Almost as if our Wilsonian overlords believe this lie would make their vision of Stalinist Utopia somehow more acceptable because of its presence amongst us. Amazing.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back