Fake Injuries: Solution

Rules committee will come up with a solution. My bet is that it won't be anything presented here.

"A giraffe is an example of something designed by a committee"
-Thomas Jefferson
What's wrong with giraffes? Tough sobs
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Reactions: ptcarter
Might want to make sure you have a timeout in your pocket or take a 20 second runoff if under two mins.

See there's an issue with that.
What if the offense INTENTIONALLY injures the defensive player near the end of the game and they have no timeouts??

Easiest way to stop it: Any players caught flopping get a three game suspension, and the school gets a 5 million dollar fine.

1) Teams are not allowed to confer with coaches ending the free timeout.
2) the player has to sit out until the next change of possession.
3) worth a second "injury" that player is done for the rest of the game.
I will think of some other reasons later
Coaches will get around this by putting in players who normally wouldn't play anyway, their only job will be to go out on the field and flop.

See there's an issue with that.
What if the offense INTENTIONALLY injures the defensive player near the end of the game and they have no timeouts??

Under two mins. Remove the player same format as targeting.

Hyams had a nice piece on this issue, and here's the solution which seems fair to all:

(1) Any "injured" player must sit out until the next 1st down; and

(2) No other substitutions on defense (other than the "injured" player) are allowed.

What say ye?

Not long enough. Sit until the end of the series. Say it’s to promote player safety and ensure the training staff has adequate time to evaluate them prior to returning

Hyams had a nice piece on this issue, and here's the solution which seems fair to all:

(1) Any "injured" player must sit out until the next 1st down; and

(2) No other substitutions on defense (other than the "injured" player) are allowed.

What say ye?
I’d change number to until the next possession to make it a little more punitive but I really like number 2

VN Store

Back