Extra spots for next year

I would like to see a school or conference file a legal challenge to the 25-players per year limitation. When the NCAA allowed transfers without loss of eligibility, they created a situation in which some schools were placed at a competitive disadvantage. The proposed one-time waiver is insufficient as it would only add up to 7 players. UT has 71 scholarship players, so a one-time waiver would allow us to add 7 players, but we would still be 7 scholarships below the limit. This does not count the loss of any additional portal entries or completion of eligibility situations greater than 25 this cycle (UT has 29 Sr or RS-Sr players). A legal challenge against an already weakened NCAA may result in more flexibility.

We'd have to lose 7 guys to the portal first. Iirc (from what I originally read) the guys have to leave post-ESD.

Edit: From this article, it sounds like the timing hasn't been decided yet. One proposal mentioned in the article is the player would have to transfer after the February signing date. That's stupid imo, since a lot of kids will jump during Dec-Jan. Not sure why timing matters anyway.

Last edited:
A guy that fits into this category that we could pursue harder now is Kody Jones, especially with the Prysock commitment to USC

Umm one of our best players is a Juco lol wth are you talking about

I don’t mind taking a few, but I agree that you don’t build a program with them. Kamara is different because he was at Juco to reset himself for eligibility reasons. Now, guys can transfer without sitting a year. No reason to take many Jucos who never really got recruited out of high school. They are hit or miss and more miss.

I don’t mind taking a few, but I agree that you don’t build a program with them. Kamara is different because he was at Juco to reset himself for eligibility reasons. Now, guys can transfer without sitting a year. No reason to take many Jucos who never really got recruited out of high school. They are hit or miss and more miss.
I’m talking about Tiyon Evans, you just recruit the best players doesn’t matter where they are from

I’m talking about Tiyon Evans, you just recruit the best players doesn’t matter where they are from

I understand, but you don’t take too many jucos. May take a few to fill spots. But they are hit or miss, and the one time transfer rule has now changed that even more.

Reactions: T2P_Priceless
All recruits are hit or miss. There is no logic to where they come form if they will be a bust or not.

Oh, they are way more miss from Juco. Only get 2/3 years. All things being equal, you take the high schooler to develop for 4/5 years. Guys go Juco for a reason- either bad grades, which is discipline, or they weren’t good enough in high school.

VN Store

Back