Expectations next year?

In the last two years we’ve accomplished every milestone we could accomplish except a CWS championship.
If you haven’t found anything to celebrate, you really need therapy.
I’m very happy with this season. They underachieved in the NCAA tournament, but it was fun watching them and they did win two conference trophies. Not sure why there’s a false dichotomy here.

The team will be loaded. Whether or not Vitello can get them beyond the curse of UT sports mediocrity and winning the one series that counts is a different concern.

This cursed school you speak of just won the SEC All-Sports title thanks in part to 5 regular or tournament titles. Cursed schools don’t win 5 SEC titles.

This cursed school you speak of just won the SEC All-Sports title thanks in part to 5 regular or tournament titles. Cursed schools don’t win 5 SEC titles.
They got the tournament monkey off the back in two of the three major sports. Now the goal should be to do so with a good NCAA post-season effort

Reactions: ATC_VOL
This team was 2nd in the country in doubles, top 15 in country in batting average, top 15 in country in fielding percentage, and 2nd in SEC in stolen bases. Not sure what they’re missing other than being quicker to the plate. The issue is that multiple guys had their worst day on the final day. In the final game of the season, Beck, Gilbert, Lipscomb, Ortega, and Russell were all hitless.

Their first base runner walked, stole 2nd, stole 3rd and scored on infield ball. Thats baseball. We played swing for the fence winning many games with sheer brute force playing in a small home stadium. It worked extremely well for the regular season where you see a variety of pitching, and also won on the backs of the 3 draft pick pitchers on the team. Post season was a different story for both our pitchers and our hitters.

Reactions: volpops
I expect to be very good again next year and have another great shot at Omaha. Happy I got to watch 3+ months of incredible baseball.

We just got beat. It happens. No one is bullet proof in baseball. We were damn near it but not quite. Excited to see the additions this off-season. Even more excited to see where a bunch of our guys get drafted and start following their professional careers.

Joyce will be pitching for Tennessee in 2023....Zach Joyce that is. 6'5", 220 lbs RHP twin brother of Ben. As for Ben? I bet he will be an MLB teams 2nd pick in about 36 days.

Lotsa' pitching returning to UT next year.
Pretty sure I read somewhere that his brother actually decided to stop playing baseball? Unless he changed his mind

We didn’t choke today. ND was just better today. And taking about those early UF and Nebraska teams when we had Peyton? Those teams were absolutely juggernauts. You are making it sound like the teams we have lost to on these post seasons are scrubs. That’s not the case.
ND played good but Trey spiking a ball in the dirt was not ND beating us. Get out of there 4-3 and the mindset at the plate is totally different.

Reactions: WVU05UT09
While I do agree we have to get better in the “run” game, this is not even a blip on the radar of why we lost 2 games this weekend. We lost two games because we threw 0-2 or 1-2 meatballs in Games 1 and 3 that led to crushed home runs, and because (if you want to debate it) Tony left Burns in a bit too long.

We also had bad situational hitting in Games 1 and 3. We left a lot of men on base this weekend. We had a chance to bury Notre Dame about 3-4 times today and couldn’t do it. None of this is one person’s fault, I just don’t think the run game cost us at all in the post-season like people said it would.
You are correct. ND pounded high out over the plate fastballs. Didn't understand Burns o 1-2 count after striking out previous batter on his slider even giving the 1 homeruun Catcher to throw his bat barrel at high over the plate fastball.. bad decision. Timely hitting they were better this weekend. Love my Vols we will be back. TV is recruiting machine. In CHRIST Alone

Burns, Dollander, and Beam all returning.
Replacing Luc with Burke
Moore will be full time
Getting the Kansas transfer, and you know we won’t be done in the portal.
Chambers and Booker are studs
Jared Dickey will be 100% healthy.
List could go on and on, but it’s simple. It’s Tennessee vs the damn world.
Expectations are this for next year:
Win the whole f***ing thing.

Yep. This team will be fine and will just reload. Winning it all is very difficult.

I think what happened today just shows how special last year’s team really was. A team that grinded all season and broke through to Omaha after a very long absence for this program. They will be back in Omaha soon!

I agree that the coaching hires have UT in the best possible position to get post-season titles in baseball, football, women’s basketball, tennis, track, and golf (men’s basketball omission is intentional). I just hope our coaching talent and recruiting can overcome tradition

Wait, why are you crapping on basketball but saying football is in the best possible position? JH may end up great but he hasn't done anything yet to deserve that kind of praise, especially if you're going to crap on Barnes. The basketball program right now is still in a better position to win a post-season title than football and probably will be a bit longer. And that's not a slam on JH, that's just the situation with Georgia and Alabama in the SEC.

Reactions: CDB and chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back