Expand Neyland

Unpopular opinion, but I’d hate to see us expand too fast. Look at what happened to Bristol motor speedway—expanded like crazy to support peak interest, and then when interest started to wane slightly, it just means more empty seats, which negates the rule of scarcity, which means the product seems less appealing.

He's definitely kidding, and Neyland is a great size right now. Tennessee will continue having sellouts in the future provided the team continues being competitive and exciting, but a lot of the reason that demand is so crazy for the big games this season is that the Vols haven't been this compelling in quite some time. If this level of success becomes the norm, interest (especially for the cupcake games) will wane.

He's definitely kidding, and Neyland is a great size right now. Tennessee will continue having sellouts in the future provided the team continues being competitive and exciting, but a lot of the reason that demand is so crazy for the big games this season is that the Vols haven't been this compelling in quite some time. If this level of success becomes the norm, interest (especially for the cupcake games) will wane.
If Tennessee gets to the level of 9-11 wins yearly sellouts will be the norm.

We need those towers like in harry potter. Sticking out over the top of the 2nd deck at six different places, people crammed in vertically all the way up. So tall Goodyear has to modify its blimp to fly an extra 500' higher when they come to us.

You could probably get another 50,000 people in those if they do it right.

Go Vols!

Not kidding. . .

Reactions: BucksnortVol
Bad take IMO. Prob too big as is. Place will be Loud whether it’s filled with 80k or 110k. Bleacher Seats already too small, and I’m sure many of the views would become poor. And could you imagine the crowd/gates getting in and out?
Sorry to be the Debbie downer, but I’m sure others feel the same. They should just continue making improvements as is. Many college and pro teams actually down sizing these days

Reactions: Jeff Clark
Even if Tennessee continues to trend upwards which I hope they do and I think they will because I have so much faith in Josh and our team and our staff..spending millions on elevating the Great Neyland is not what we should be going after.....we are already loud as hell.....we already shock opponents with our atmosphere like we did in the past....and to Florida this year.....improve facilities....game atmosphere....wifi....restrooms..food... concourse....as another poster mentioned....prices aren't coming down....just like my rent haha. If we're gonna have high ticket prices we should be playing football in a facility busting with class and amenities.....jmho

VN Store

Back