Excited about the win

1 of 17 is tough but shooters have to shoot their way out of a slump. Otherwise they just might as well sit on the bench.

Hard to gauge the team when they continue to shoot so badly. I don't know how long he can keep giving Bowden the green light. The defense was tough on both sides and a hard fought game. Nothing else to say, if they want to compete they need to start hitting some shots. Fulkerson is remarkable.

History suggests that when JB gets in a funk, it lasts a LONG time. Like half a season long.
This is as pessimistic as I'll get: not expecting anything from Bowden for the rest of the season. I don't trust him, and I never have. Preseason, I said Bowden and Fulk will stand the most to improve/be reliable. Fulk held up his end, and Pons is filling that role for Bowden.

I love Bowden. He's all Vol. I just don't see him being the player we need him to be. I hope in all sincerity that I'm wrong.

I'll be glad when Vescomi gets more experience in the league. I'm excited to have him but I must admit I was expecting a little more after watching his highlight film. I'm hoping he will be able to adjust to the speed of the game and take better care of the ball. He's getting his pocket picked way too much and seems a bit out of control on some of his drives to the basket. I also hope that he can develop a jump shot as his flat footed shooting style will make it hard to get off many shots against these quick, tight, man-to-man coverages. But ... in fairness to him, he's doing a helluva job given only a couple weeks with the program. Go SV and VOLS!

He definitely needs to learn to protect the ball. Doubt he's played in leagues where defense is this premium. That being said, does the young man not already lead our team in scoring and he walked straight off the plane onto the court last week? He must have had some rediculous recruiting vids if your disappointed in him already. :-o

Saw your last sentence and I agree.

This is as pessimistic as I'll get: not expecting anything from Bowden for the rest of the season. I don't trust him, and I never have. Preseason, I said Bowden and Fulk will stand the most to improve/be reliable. Fulk held up his end, and Pons is filling that role for Bowden.

I love Bowden. He's all Vol. I just don't see him being the player we need him to be. I hope in all sincerity that I'm wrong.

Spot up shooter with experience and good defense. Except his shooting has failed him for about 3 weeks after starting on a tear!

Another “positive” note.
Vandy is going to be without their best player this Saturday.
Split these two games this week and we are right on track for 10-8 which should be the goal IMO
Hate to be a pessimist here, but typically it seems when a team is without their best player, someone else has a all-time career game vs Tennessee. Tn has a unique knack for making all-americans out of nobodies. (football and basketball)

Tough hard nosed win today and Fulkerson was the POTG today with a double double.

Tough road trip coming up with games in Athens and Nashville.

Another “positive” note.
Vandy is going to be without their best player this Saturday.
Split these two games this week and we are right on track for 10-8 which should be the goal IMO
Surely we can win one out of the next 4.

He needs a few lay ups. Nothing ever stopped a slump quicker than just seeing the ball go in the hoop a few times.

Reactions: i2amavol
Strange as it sounds he “looked” different to me today

His body language didn’t look like a guy that couldn’t throw it in the ocean

if I am right and he has turned the corner from worrying about stats/missed shots and just playing the game he will get it fixed. He played today like he was “gunner”. I liked that

You should have looked at my body language because I looked like guys kept taking shots who couldn't throw it in the ocean. Penetrate a little and get the ball to Fulkerson inside. We have multiple problems but shooting percentage from Fulkerson inside is not one of them. James and Fulkerson seem to be the most consistent performers right now. Every win will have to be a war.

Reactions: aWhiteLoftonChism
I think Bowden needs to consider a new haircut/hairstyle, Bowden can't take himself seriously with that hair style. He needs a more serious …. I mean business hair style.

Hate to be a pessimist here, but typically it seems when a team is without their best player, someone else has a all-time career game vs Tennessee. Tn has a unique knack for making all-americans out of nobodies. (football and basketball)

Our football team has been an opponent AA factory for about a decade now. Pretty sure Dexter McCluster is still running thru Mississippi as we post.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Decent defense. Has not proven to be reliable spot up imo. Bowden, PLEASE prove me wrong.

Bowden is seeing how much harder scoring is when GW AS JB and KA are not soaking up the defensive attention. Guy has a good mid range game ( remember those?) but the looks are a lot fewer this year than last.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Disagree on most occasions because
today he was wide open so many times
Yeah this is CRB philosophy. He said, I think, today in post game any person on the team with a wide open shot he wants them shooting it. Then he referenced the Wisconsin game were no one would shoot it. And I think he wants Bowden to still shoot it if he's open. And he was. All day. Just couldn't hit it.

I'll be glad when Vescomi gets more experience in the league. I'm excited to have him but I must admit I was expecting a little more after watching his highlight film. I'm hoping he will be able to adjust to the speed of the game and take better care of the ball. He's getting his pocket picked way too much and seems a bit out of control on some of his drives to the basket. I also hope that he can develop a jump shot as his flat footed shooting style will make it hard to get off many shots against these quick, tight, man-to-man coverages. But ... in fairness to him, he's doing a helluva job given only a couple weeks with the program. Go SV and VOLS!

Maybe you were expecting too much? The guy started his first game 1 week after arriving and had 18 points iirc. Rumors from practice indicate he has a high b-ball IQ and is absorbing everything quickly. Once he adjusts to the length and athleticism of the SEC, and improves his conditioning, he’ll be a fun guy to watch.

Apparently Gonzaga was pushing for Vescovi to not enroll at UT but sign in April so they could make a run at him. I think we have a great one.

VN Store

Back