Exactly what we needed to see

I'm giving JG a pass on his ability to pass, or lack thereof, in this game. At times, the wind was howling, let alone the wet conditions. We overcame to win the game. GBO!!!

No need to argue with me. JMO and I'm entitled to it.

Perfectly reasonable stance.

It was a damn monsoon. Receivers were dropping passes. QBs couldn't get zip on throws. That's WHY we had to win with the running game.

That is too complicated. Could you try to explain in a way the rest of us can understand?

I'm fine. J'arette played horribly but we still won.
I'm far from a JG supporter but I admit he came back and managed the game just fine.

After starting 0-7 with an INT the 1st 3 drives he hits JJ on a 3rd down slant to pick up a 1st. The next play E.Gray houses it.

The next drive he makes a great play and scrambles out of collapsing pocket on 3rd down to find D. Anderson with a shuffle pass to pick up the first and keep the drive alive. Then he hits D. Anderson for a TD.

Our last drive of the half he scrambled 10yrds on second and 8 to pick up a first.

At this point we're up 21-3 at half and the game is over for all intensive purposes.

Try again

6/10 for 120 and A TD after the 0/7 start

That’s coming back strong

Absolutely--12 yards per attempt after going 0/7 is excellent.

And I think your original post was ON POINT!

JG has appeared to settle down after the Alabama game debacle....

Maybe CJP's continual support of him while coaching him hard has helped him settle and increased his confidence.

I don't know...but I do know that the JG we saw at the beginning of the year is NOT the guy who played last night.
And yes, he's human--still made some bad choices and plays after his 0-7 start.

I have done a 180 on JG since the BAMA game.
I would have exiled him to Siberia after the BAMA game and forgotten all about him.

CJP chose NOT to do that and it has paid off in wins.

I actually want him to return next year as the starter.

It was obvious once Gray got going the game plan changed to ride him to the finish line in the cold, wet, windy conditions. Coaches would have been content to walk out of there with a 21-3 win. Once Vandy scores JG answered the call and led the team right down the field to answer.

Did he play great? No

Did he play well enough when it mattered? Yes.

So since it was raining some people think he should have thrown 400,yards again?
No we think a 4 year RSJR QB should be able to make the throws that 1. Dont put his wr is jeapoardy 2. Stop their momentum bu throwing behind and low 3. Actually lead a wr more the 3x a freaking game 4. Not every deep pass should be a 50/50 ball

I'm glad he didnt completely implode yesterday as well.

Would like to strive for more out of our QB situation next season than hoping they don't suck too bad though. And not sure who steps in to catch passes with no Jennings or Calloway. Palmer has shown flashes but someone else is going to have to produce.

Also lost his grandmother on Thursday, so you know what? I’m going to go ahead and give the dude a pass for not starting well.

Didn’t know that. No wonder he wasn’t 100% dialed in at first.

But I don’t think the rest of the O was either. The OL has 5 false starts in a home game. That’s inexcusable.

I'm giving JG a pass on his ability to pass, or lack thereof, in this game. At times, the wind was howling, let alone the wet conditions. We overcame to win the game. GBO!!!

No need to argue with me. JMO and I'm entitled to it.

I’m giving him a pass due to weather, dealing with a personal family issue and getting the W. Have to admit I had an “uh oh, here comes the old JG” on the INT...

Reactions: Sara Clark
Most of this year I have felt like JG was a frontrunner i.e. when things are going well he can keep it going well but when things are bad he can’t handle adversity within the game.

What happened yesterday with the poor start of 0/7 with a pick was exactly what we needed to see. We needed to see him be able to fight thru a bad start and find a way to play well. He did just that and that’s something many of us didn’t think he could do.

Im so glad he didn’t play well from the start and now we can see can overcome a bad start, something we had never seen from him before

He has a real shot at being damn good next year! Excited to say the least
If 90% of volnation was our coach, he would've been benched after the first incompletion.

Reactions: BruinVol
Also lost his grandmother on Thursday, so you know what? I’m going to go ahead and give the dude a pass for not starting well.

And the weather at the start of the game was extremely difficult....very wet conditions....made it tough to throw and catch the ball....

And the weather at the start of the game was extremely difficult....very wet conditions....made it tough to throw and catch the ball....

Not saying you are wrong.....I just wish it affected Florida every time we’ve played them in a monsoon.

Most of this year I have felt like JG was a frontrunner i.e. when things are going well he can keep it going well but when things are bad he can’t handle adversity within the game.

What happened yesterday with the poor start of 0/7 with a pick was exactly what we needed to see. We needed to see him be able to fight thru a bad start and find a way to play well. He did just that and that’s something many of us didn’t think he could do.

Im so glad he didn’t play well from the start and now we can see can overcome a bad start, something we had never seen from him before

If you think that is playing well, you must be too young to know a Vol QB named Peyton Manning...or Martin or Clausen or Ainge....

Gray overcame the adversity.

If you think that is playing well, you must be too young to know a Vol QB named Peyton Manning...or Martin or Clausen or Ainge....

Gray overcame the adversity.

Oh how much you grooved me a fast ball down the middle belt high

You must be so old your memory has lapsed because that ole feller Manning played so well against Vandy that you must want to forgot it.

You see Manning was 12/27 for just 157 yards and a pick that day.

I mean it’s almost as if posters around here expect JG to play like a super star but then they forget even the super stars don’t play great every game.

Lol

Reactions: CR-vol and GVol1966

Holy crap man. He got bailed out by Gray. He doesn't complete those play action passes without Gray.and he was playing Vandy. NOT A GOOD MEASURE OF A PLAYER.

At no point did he play well yesterday. He was erratic and wildly inaccurate all game long and made ill-advised throws, as Pruitt pointed out on his show this morning. It’s amazing to me that he could play as well as he did last week vs Missouri and then play as God-awful as he did yesterday. No idea how that can be explained.

Oh how much you grooved me a fast ball down the middle belt high

You must be so old your memory has lapsed because that ole feller Manning played so well against Vandy that you must want to forgot it.

You see Manning was 12/27 for just 157 yards and a pick that day.

I mean it’s almost as if posters around here expect JG to play like a super star but then they forget even the super stars don’t play great every game.

Lol

Go ahead and cherry pick. Career stats aren’t even close.

Oh, and Manning was 4-0 against the mighty Commodores, while JG is 1-2.

At no point did he play well yesterday. He was erratic and wildly inaccurate all game long and made ill-advised throws, as Pruitt pointed out on his show this morning. It’s amazing to me that he could play as well as he did last week vs Missouri and then play as God-awful as he did yesterday. No idea how that can be explained.

First of all I am not saying he “played well” yesterday.

Im saying he overcame an awful start and got his act together well enough to managed his team to an easy win

You know the ole saying “good teams win when they play poorly”?

Well the same can be said about QBs. You have to overcome adversity/poor play and get the plane landed

Go ahead and cherry pick. Career stats aren’t even close.

Oh, and Manning was 4-0 against the mighty Commodores, while JG is 1-2.

I can’t help it you thru me a BP fastball.

Btw that Vandy game cost Manning the trophy

VN Store

Back