Exactly what we needed to see

BruinVol

Most of this year I have felt like JG was a frontrunner i.e. when things are going well he can keep it going well but when things are bad he can’t handle adversity within the game.

What happened yesterday with the poor start of 0/7 with a pick was exactly what we needed to see. We needed to see him be able to fight thru a bad start and find a way to play well. He did just that and that’s something many of us didn’t think he could do.

Im so glad he didn’t play well from the start and now we can see can overcome a bad start, something we had never seen from him before

He has a real shot at being damn good next year! Excited to say the least

6/17 for 120 yards and a TD after the INT? We won on our run game. JG played a horrid game through the air. Just because we win doesn’t mean he played well. He will not be our starter next season by game 4, and there’s a strong chance he won’t start at the beginning of the season.

6/17 for 120 yards and a TD after the INT? We won on our run game. JG played a horrid game through the air. Just because we win doesn’t mean he played well. He will not be our starter next season by game 4, and there’s a strong chance he won’t start at the beginning of the season.

Try again

6/10 for 120 and A TD after the 0/7 start

That’s coming back strong

You mean like at mizzu ?

Or like every snap he took at Kentucky ?

Mizzou he was AWESOME, all things considered Sad he cant do that every game. Play against good teams and you cant allow that early goof stuff or you get too far behind. I am glad JG stuck with it and turned it around yesterday though. I am hopeful for next year.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
JG's passing was way off against Vandy. A couple of good throws - the TD was one, but for the most part, the receivers were having to jump, or the ball was behind them. He still can't get that lateral throw anywhere close. He did a good job at the fumble recovery and a first down run. Not his better night, but that's JG.

How many times has it been said, "Defense WINs Championships". Well that is what we have seen this year with Miss State, KY, and Missouri. Alabama Game the Defense grew up.

Once CJP got their attention on the Defensive side of the ball, the culture started turning. The Offense kept giving the ball back and the Defense bailed them out....

CJP is going to get athletes on both sides of the ball eventually and the upward climb began after the BYU game.

Most of this year I have felt like JG was a frontrunner i.e. when things are going well he can keep it going well but when things are bad he can’t handle adversity within the game.

What happened yesterday with the poor start of 0/7 with a pick was exactly what we needed to see. We needed to see him be able to fight thru a bad start and find a way to play well. He did just that and that’s something many of us didn’t think he could do.

Im so glad he didn’t play well from the start and now we can see can overcome a bad start, something we had never seen from him before

He has a real shot at being damn good next year! Excited to say the least
It's nice to see Tennessee running the ball with authority once again:cool:

He blew goats yesterday. We won despite him (yay Eric Gray!) NOT because of him.

So since it was raining some people think he should have thrown 400,yards again?

Ain’t that the sad truth with many of our fans expectations for his play

I mean we even have the dumbass take in this thread that “it’s sad that he can’t play like he did against Mizzu every game”

That’s just not reality

Reactions: Smallvol#1
It was a damn monsoon. Receivers were dropping passes. QBs couldn't get zip on throws. That's WHY we had to win with the running game.

Try again

6/10 for 120 and A TD after the 0/7 start

That’s coming back strong
That is NOT coming back strong. That is fighting through the day, I have taken up for him at times but he didn't throw it very well yesterday. In his defense the weather wasn't great, but he still could have played better but he hung in there and our running game took over. End of story. He cannot afford to play like that in the bowl game. If it had not been for the running game we would have been in a hurt. But this team overcame it and that's the difference between last year and this year other players stepped up and today that was Eric Gray and the defense for the most part. GBO!!!!!

Reactions: LittleVol and tbh
That is NOT coming back strong. That is fighting through the day, I have taken up for him at times but he didn't throw it very well yesterday. In his defense the weather wasn't great, but he still could have played better but he hung in there and our running game took over. End of story. He cannot afford to play like that in the bowl game. If it had not been for the running game we would have been in a hurt. But this team overcame it and that's the difference between last year and this year other players stepped up and today that was Eric Gray and the defense for the most part. GBO!!!!!
Not the first QB to have a tough day in the rain

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191201-124655_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191201-124655_Chrome.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 45
So since it was raining some people think he should have thrown 400,yards again?
No not at all, he just needs to bounce back. He did make some bad throws and you can't blame it all on the weather. He did get slightly better as the game went on. Our running game came through when we had to have it. JG will bounce back I am sure, some qb's struggle more in rain and the hand trouble probably didn't help. Just need to play better in the bowl, and that goes for everyone. GBO!

Not the first QB to have a tough day in the rain
Never said he was and I said that in my last post. Just saying can't blame it all on the rain either. I'm not cussing him out, just saying we will have to have better qb play in our bowl game and I think he will. And we had lapses today by many, which I am sure the off and on delay's didn't help. I am sure if you ask JG personally he would say it wasn't his best day. GBO!

Never said he was and I said that in my last post. Just saying can't blame it all on the rain either. I'm not cussing him out, just saying we will have to have better qb play in our bowl game and I think he will. And we had lapses today by many, which I am sure the off and on delay's didn't help. I am sure if you ask JG personally he would say it wasn't his best day. GBO!
Fair to say that. Just saying it's commonplace in games like that. He actually averaged 7.1 yds/attempt compared to Fromm's 2.9 and Vandy's 4.8 with a 17/36 completion rate.

I'm giving JG a pass on his ability to pass, or lack thereof, in this game. At times, the wind was howling, let alone the wet conditions. We overcame to win the game. GBO!!!

No need to argue with me. JMO and I'm entitled to it.

VN Store

Back