Evina Westbrook - SEC Player of the Week

200w.gif

No award for Meme?

I think that if Meme stops making that handful of freshman-like boneheaded mistakes nearly every game that she'll get more respect. Seldom have I seen her play that I don't shake my head at least a couple of times as I think, "Oh, Meme! That's the kind of dumb thing a freshman would do!"

I'm probably not the only person who does that. It's happening less and less, so with any luck she'll shed that rep soon and play like a seasoned veteran ALL the time. She has come such a long way and I'm so proud of her. She's just got to cut out those truly silly freshman-like mental errors.

Reactions: sccshortstop
I think that if Meme stops making that handful of freshman-like boneheaded mistakes nearly every game that she'll get more respect. Seldom have I seen her play that I don't shake my head at least a couple of times as I think, "Oh, Meme! That's the kind of dumb thing a freshman would do!"

I'm probably not the only person who does that. It's happening less and less, so with any luck she'll shed that rep soon and play like a seasoned veteran ALL the time. She has come such a long way and I'm so proud of her. She's just got to cut out those truly silly freshman-like mental errors.

I am shaking my head, right now

Reactions: mlindsay
I am shaking my head, right now

I know how you feel about Meme. She has made great strides, for sure! But continuing to make silly mistakes does hurt her, I think. NOT that she needs to play mistake-free to get respect. But she needs not to make the type of mental mistakes that are usually seen in freshmen.

Are you not seeing them? Seriously, maybe I'm wrong.

I know how you feel about Meme. She has made great strides, for sure! But continuing to make silly mistakes does hurt her, I think. NOT that she needs to play mistake-free to get respect. But she needs not to make the type of mental mistakes that are usually seen in freshmen.

Are you not seeing them? Seriously, maybe I'm wrong.

She got beat off the dribble and the crossover continually when she was a fresh and soph. She now plays a smarter defense with less attacking the dribbler and more controlling the dribblers movement.

Offensively she is now attacking the basket more. This sets her up for more dribbling miscues because her game has always been catch and shoot, not attack. . .

No
I don't see a handfull of silly mistakes.
every game.
Yes I see things she does wrong.

But as long as she continues to take 3 steps forward, I won't mind one step back every now and again.

Meme has worked hard at improving her game. She wants to make it in the W.... and it’s tough! (Which y’all already know.) They cut so much talent simply because they don’t have enough roster spots and one thing I didn’t realize until my son worked in the W this past summer - they are never safe. They cut players all through the season and bring in someone else if they feel the need. Geez it’s tough!

Last edited:
Omg, so proud of you E!
Great to see you recognized for a job well done to helping this team keep an unblemished record. But most importantly for the leadership she brings to this young team.
Looking for great things this season and in the future from you.

Aye way to lead your team, E you are playing like the best player in your class. Good for you. Keep it up. Congrats!

Reactions: stllvf
She got beat off the dribble and the crossover continually when she was a fresh and soph. She now plays a smarter defense with less attacking the dribbler and more controlling the dribblers movement.

Offensively she is now attacking the basket more. This sets her up for more dribbling miscues because her game has always been catch and shoot, not attack. . .

No
I don't see a handfull of silly mistakes.
every game.
Yes I see things she does wrong.

But as long as she continues to take 3 steps forward, I won't mind one step back every now and again.

I have been watching MeMe for the last six years..... She is very athletic and has improved her game every year. Her mistakes are from being aggressive and thinking she can do something because she believes in her abilities..... Sometimes they are beyond her capabilities. But I like how she has grown!

Reactions: mlindsay
The look as she comes up the floor offensively - is one of a true point guard with responsibilities. She sets the half-court offense, including screens, and then has added slashing to her outside shot and great passing. And she is a tall point guard. Last year at this time the LVs were undefeated also and we were unhappy and surprised when the negatives happened. The worse examples - Notre Dame after the first quarter and the swarming guards of Alabama and Auburn. The LVs have, I expect a point guard for both those occasions. (p.s. actively attacking 2-3 zones)

Most pleased she is a LV and understand why she was rated as 1-2 in her class.

I have been watching MeMe for the last six years..... She is very athletic and has improved her game every year. Her mistakes are from being aggressive and thinking she can do something because she believes in her abilities..... Sometimes they are beyond her capabilities. But I like how she has grown!

She is becoming a student of the game. Not just playing it, but playing it in her mind.

Capabilities increase with knowledge and accomplished feats

Has the prior four matched the last two?

Reactions: Hangtyme24

VN Store

Back