Evina denied

Pretty much no one on this board knows what happened. You are right, no facts to support claims about this is insulting. Like accusing Geno of making things up.
If Geno knows for sure that UT was in the wrong, as he implicated in his statement that “if it happened at UConn there would be an investigation”, then by all means he should come right out and put it all out there instead of just using innuendo.

If Geno knows for sure that UT was in the wrong, as he implicated in his statement that “if it happened at UConn there would be an investigation”, then by all means he should come right out and put it all out there instead of just using innuendo.

geno can waah all he wants.
it is not UT's job to wipe away his tears.

geno can waah all he wants.
it is not UT's job to wipe away his tears.

Now if there's a smile on my face
It's only there trying to fool the public
But when it comes down to fooling you
Well, honey, that's quite a different subject.

Now there are some sad things known to man
But ain't much that is sadder than
The tears of a clown
When there's no one around

Last edited:
Now if there's a smile on my face
It's only there trying to fool the public
But when it comes down to fooling you
Well, honey, that's quite a different subject.

Now there are some sad things known to man
But ain't much that is sadder than
The tears of a clown
When there's no one around
Great song

The Plavsic and Westbrook cases are fundamentally different.
Here is my question on this statement. Did Arizona State support the waiver request or not. Can you answer that for me? If they supported the ability to play, then the two cases have nothing in common.

How often does the transfer out school not support the request. UConn is on record as supporting every transfer out. Their position is to do what is right for the student. It's my opinion that CPF was paying a student back for calling out his ineptitude in allowing the LV coaching situation to fester for years. The young lady became a LV in an outstanding class with the expectation to 1) bring back the glory and 2) prove she was the best player in the country (her words). Seeing her hopes dashed before her eyes she gave voice to her emotions like a teenager is wont to do. So why would CPF act in a vindictive manner and not support the lady in playing at another institution.

Reactions: olddog
Here is my question on this statement. Did Arizona State support the waiver request or not. Can you answer that for me? If they supported the ability to play, then the two cases have nothing in common.

How often does the transfer out school not support the request. UConn is on record as supporting every transfer out. Their position is to do what is right for the student. It's my opinion that CPF was paying a student back for calling out his ineptitude in allowing the LV coaching situation to fester for years. The young lady became a LV in an outstanding class with the expectation to 1) bring back the glory and 2) prove she was the best player in the country (her words). Seeing her hopes dashed before her eyes she gave voice to her emotions like a teenager is wont to do. So why would CPF act in a vindictive manner and not support the lady in playing at another institution.

How does the NCAA quantify/qualify the transfer out schools position and should the transfer out school even be entitled to have a position on the future. At that point they have a conflict of interest? The ? signifies asking for opinions?

I believe you are right about UConn not getting in the way. Yet their last transfer to GA was denied

Exactly what did Tennessee do that was vindictive. Nothing. She transferred UConn applied was denied move on. Some people don't seem to get it makes no difference if a school supports, is neutral, or wants to deny a transfer the NCAA does not base their decision on any of it. This is classic UConn trying to blame someone else for their own failures. Evidently the case UConn presented was not very strong. She will get to play there eventually and the way UConn tells it she may need to time off to get well.

Some people don't seem to get it makes no difference if a school supports, is neutral, or wants to deny a transfer the NCAA does not base their decision on any of it. .

You may be correct, but then...Why does the NCAA require the former school to provide a Yes or No or No Position? We all know that the NCAA often appears illogical, but why ask for something only to ignore it?

Reactions: NewDog
Players know there are risks involved in transferring to a new school. Likewise, coaches and university admin know there are risks in accepting transfer student/athletes.

If the CT coach never sat down one-on-one with Westbrook and clarified that there was a possibility that she would have to sit out a year—and be prepared to miss a season of playing collegiately should it happen—then he is the one who failed her. He should know better.

Reactions: T_Vol376
You may be correct, but then...Why does the NCAA require the former school to provide a Yes or No or No Position? We all know that the NCAA often appears illogical, but why ask for something only to ignore it?
Does the NCAA ever do anything logical. We have a guy didn't play a game for an entire year sit out at Arizona State not one play or possession. He will now sit out another year which is fine with me because I think other than a hardship transfer where the player needs to be closer to home none should be granted. This transfer situation is out of control and if you want to do it there should be a penalty unless hardships are involved.

Yeah, but my Google goes to 11.

At the risk of having someone tell us to get a room:

UConn's Auriemma calls out Lady Vols' Summitt

"Pat knows ... So she should just tell you why instead of saying, 'Geno knows.' I do know," he said Tuesday. "I already told you. She accused us of cheating at recruiting. She doesn't have the courage to say it publicly. So yeah, Geno does know. And I've said it."

Now...

Quit rurnin' mah life.

John Boy and Billy...

Have a nice day.

If this is your reply to me I’m hoping you don’t think this justifies your ethics comment.

It does not

Nope. You missed the boat with that 'opinion'. One of the decision makers in the appeal process is if the school objects to the waiver. And even if your point were correct, would of been too hard for CPF to check the box to let a kid play? I stick to my opinion, CPF was vindictive to a teenage basketball player. If her comments didn't bother him, he would have checked to allow her to play.

Reactions: olddog and NewDog
Nope. You missed the boat with that 'opinion'. One of the decision makers in the appeal process is if the school objects to the waiver. And even if your point were correct, would of been too hard for CPF to check the box to let a kid play? I stick to my opinion, CPF was vindictive to a teenage basketball player. If her comments didn't bother him, he would have checked to allow her to play.
Well you don't know if he did or didn't your taking UConn's AD and Geno as being truthful which of course hasn't been exactly their way of doing things in the past. If it had been me I wouldn't have approved it or the Tennessee transfer either. I only believe in transfers for hardship cases and they have to be good ones.

Reactions: NeedOrange
Players know there are risks involved in transferring to a new school. Likewise, coaches and university admin know there are risks in accepting transfer student/athletes.

If the CT coach never sat down one-on-one with Westbrook and clarified that there was a possibility that she would have to sit out a year—and be prepared to miss a season of playing collegiately should it happen—then he is the one who failed her. He should know better.

My guess is Geno was drooling at the mouth at the prospect of stealing one away from TENN that he all but promised EW that should would play immediately, and now he got burned.

You basically made all that up. Of course they talked 1-1 and they all had to know there was a chance the waiver request would be rejected. It’s the NCAA after all. SMH.

My guess is Geno was drooling at the mouth at the prospect of stealing one away from TENN that he all but promised EW that should would play immediately, and now he got burned.
More made up Geno hate.

You do realize UConn took an adversarial position by alleging UT behaved in a manner warranting investigation? And you expect UT-- or any school-- to support such a claim? UT took a neutral stance, which is what most schools do as a matter of policy. UConn and the Westbrooks should be grateful that UT didn't actively NOT SUPPORT the claim. UT could have pushed the issue and formally disputed UConn's case, filing paperwork to counter. That would have dragged the process out even longer and made it much harder for UConn to win on appeal. If Fulmer wanted to be vindictive, he could have torpedoed any reasonable shot of a waiver. UT doesn't have to remain neutral. Fulmer could go on record right now and actively oppose UConn's position. UConn fired shots; UT could fire back.

If UConn had played it differently, perhaps Evina Westbrook would have been granted a waiver.

VN Store

Back