Everyone who can return next season should

This includes the likes of players like Vescovi and JJJ

I want everyone to return besides Nkahmoua. If anyone on this team thinks they are ready to play professional ball overseas, that's a stretch.

We have a bunch of scorers coming in so we should be better than what we are seeing this season. You just got to have players that csn get you buckets

Aren't these to guys almost ready to start drawing SS! In the case of Ves he has been around long enough to get a default citizenship.

Aren't these to guys almost ready to start drawing SS! In the case of Ves he has been around long enough to get a default citizenship.

He just played 3 & 1/2 years still has Covid year, but I doubt he takes it. He started in January his first year was actually going to do like Freddie Dileone and redshirt, but we had so many injuries at guard he was forced to place that abbreviated season.

Carr and Estrella sound as if they will be able to find the basket. DJ as well. Cade might be a bit of a project on the offensive end.

I think that the future is looking good on offense. Hopefully they will be comparable on D.

Thank you @ Thunder Good-Oil. I appreciate defense but we need players who can score multiple ways. TN is not that difficult to defend if the shots aren’t falling.

I remember recruiting gurus (not volnation) predicting JJJ being a “one and done” player @ TN.
Things didn’t work out that way and I think this will be his last yr in college.

JJJ has had numerous injuries and surgeries and I don’t think another yr in college will help his skills or increase his professions stock- just my $.02
I see JJJ as a future coach not as a NBA player or in Europe. So another year may not hurt him.

Reactions: vol94
I see JJJ as a future coach not as a NBA player or in Europe. So another year may not hurt him.

I think he will get an opportunity to play somewhere over seas. If not, I think he moves on from 🏀 instead of playing through knee pain.

I’d definitely like to see him return as he is a strong leader and the coach on the floor.

He just played 3 & 1/2 years still has Covid year, but I doubt he takes it. He started in January his first year was actually going to do like Freddie Dileone and redshirt, but we had so many injuries at guard he was forced to place that abbreviated season.

Yeah, Santi hit six threes against LSU that day.

Carr and Estrella sound as if they will be able to find the basket. DJ as well. Cade might be a bit of a project on the offensive end.

I think that the future is looking good on offense. Hopefully they will be comparable on D.

Barnes and his staff can teach defense.

What this team has lacked is a consistent offensive threat or two that can score at any time.

I want everyone to return besides Nkahmoua. If anyone on this team thinks they are ready to play professional ball overseas, that's a stretch.

We have a bunch of scorers coming in so we should be better than what we are seeing this season. You just got to have players that csn get you buckets
Vescovi an James are seniors and this their last year but also I don't see Plavsic staying either

Sorry, but sometimes the best thing you can do is let older guys go and give new guys opportunities. The guys who have been in the program forever and aren't developing need to move on to overseas ball or whatever they end up doing and let younger guys take the reigns.

If ON comes back, I may have to find a different hobby for a year. Somebody needs to give him NIL money to leave. Apparently Barnes is not gonna stop playing him. I'm not sure I can watch much more of his crap.
I agree! ON can not play a lick!

If ON comes back, I may have to find a different hobby for a year. Somebody needs to give him NIL money to leave. Apparently Barnes is not gonna stop playing him. I'm not sure I can watch much more of his crap.

Same. It’s almost unbearable to watch him force up wild shots, commit careless, bone headed turnovers, and in general make numerous losing plays game after game. It’ll be for the best when he and Uros move on in my opinion.

I just read about the young man. I like the fact he apparently can dribble drive and score at the rim, or make a jump shot consistently. Also the article states Freddy can find a “quality shot” as the shot clock winds down instead of jacking up a three.

Idk much about Cade Phillips but he will be in campus next season.
We heard great things about Julian Phillips, too. Still he's got work to do. I'd hold off on the Dillione hype for just a bit. His big advantage tho is that he's getting acclimated and in SEC shape now plus the off season conditioning so his learning curve won't be as steep. Not to be a downer here but our super freshmen tend to take more time to flourish than at other places.

Reactions: TartanTurff
We heard great things about Julian Phillips, too. Still he's got work to do. I'd hold off on the Dillione hype for just a bit. His big advantage tho is that he's getting acclimated and in SEC shape now plus the off season conditioning so his learning curve won't be as steep. Not to be a downer here but our super freshmen tend to take more time to flourish than at other places.
I see your point, but Keon and Jaden were very good in their one year, and Chandler was fantastic - 2nd team All-SEC and SEC tournament MVP. Josiah just never really panned out like that, Julian has had really good moments, but I think he was just a little more raw than pretty much any of the rest of them.

For Freddie, I think enrolling early will make a huge difference. He'll have essentially an entire year of practice, he won't really have any sort of a learning curve in the fall as I'm sure he's going through those growing pains right now. Game reps will certainly be different, but still the mental side of the game should be there pretty equivalent to a Sophomore. Hopefully DJ Jefferson can do something similar and contribute next year, as we'll really be down to those two plus Mashack and Carr on the wing next year.

Reactions: DuckInAPen

ON has his moments, but far to inconsistent. And Plavsic, well he's been a project since he got here. I think Estrella and Phillips will both be far better. No one's talking much about Phillips, but he's nasty around the goal and vastly underrated.

I get ON isn't a dominant player, but he has contributed enough to earn more respect than he gets. Sure, he is no Grant Williams, but he is a good compliment to our bigs. He is probably our most shiftry big around the rim and did signle handedly beat on Texas. Maybe Barnes over uses him and tends to go with him too much against bigs 6'10+ who he struggles against. But anyone 6'9 and below he tends to perform well.

Reactions: Thunder Good-Oil
I get ON isn't a dominant player, but he has contributed enough to earn more respect than he gets. Sure, he is no Grant Williams, but he is a good compliment to our bigs. He is probably our most shiftry big around the rim and did signle handedly beat on Texas. Maybe Barnes over uses him and tends to go with him too much against bigs 6'10+ who he struggles against. But anyone 6'9 and below he tends to perform well.

His biggest problem is his hands. He can't grab rebounds and constantly turns the ball over because of his stone mitts

One game of superb play (and he was nothing short of remarkable in that game) doesn’t make up for the mountains of bone headed, clumsy mistakes he’s made in my opinion. He’s not the worst big out there by any means and I have nothing against him personally. Im sure he’s a good dude, but I don’t think it’s a coincidence that we played our best basketball season after he got hurt.

I would love to see a breakdown of turnovers per 40 with him on the floor as opposed to when he is off the floor. Also be interesting to know the comparison of defensive rebounding efficiency with him on the floor and him off the floor.

I think that there’s a work around for foreign players. But even with that, I don’t expect that he’ll be returning.

He’s one of those guys who will make a very nice living playing in a high level professional league in Europe. Not NBA material but a far good pro in Europe.

VN Store

Back