Everyone on here Assuming Vandy a Win?

Don't want to take them lightly (see Mizzou) upset, but their other losses have been terrible. Worse than ours, and we're at home. Plus, it will be JJ's last regular season game as a vol. In other words, wgwtfa.

I expect to easily beat Vandy ever year. Expectations have been lowered but that one remains constant. Any UT coach that can't beat Vandy should just walk off the field never to be heard from again.

Don't take them lightly as this will be their Bowl Game and they will play above their abilities as usual. One game at a time. Skin the Cats First!
Vandy will be on cloud 9 after they beat Florida Saturday. No way they come back to earth in time to beat us.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
The only way I think Vandy could beat us is if we drop the next two games and out bowl chances are dead. But even then it will be senior day and I think Jennings could single handily beat them.

As bad as the GSU loss was, the team simply wasn't there. I would almost feel worse if UT, who has improved drastically since, lost to an awful, awful Vandy (which would most likely mean no bowl game).

Arrogance has a tendency to give you a nose and mouth bleed.

iu

Last edited:
Expect a win...NO. Absolutely not. We can win, and I'm going to be cheering every down for Big Orange to win that game, and the other 2 we have yet to play as well.
It's a sad testimony to the state of Tennessee Football that we even have to question the outcome of the Vandy Game..of all things.
Shhheeeeeshh.
I remember when the Bama game was the BIG rivalry contest and whomever won that one would typically take the Conference.
(I know, I know...there we go again. Another of those "I remember when" comments...sorry)

usa_today_13575994.0.jpg
The problem with this thread is that it is not that Vanderbilt is a quality team but this game is a measure of the ineptness of the Tennessee football program. And any team that loses to Vanderbilt is an inept football program. Nothing more, nothing less.

Mizzou says hi 🤣

Don't take them lightly as this will be their Bowl Game and they will play above their abilities as usual. One game at a time. Skin the Cats First!
What you think it is for us. We may need that game to go to bowl game. So I would say that would be plenty of motivation for us

Assumption is the mother of all f***ups. Old phrase. Depending on whom you choose to believe, it was Col. Charlie Beckwith, or any number or people who proceeded him who coined the phrase. Most likely, he just quoted it and made it his own.

This team can assume nothing at this point. 3 to play. A chance to salvage the season with a 7-5 record, or regress at 4-8. Or anywhere in between.

Assume nothing. Play like there is no tomorrow.

Go Vols.
Amen & thanks for leaving me no need for adding my 2 cents to this thread. Well played, sir.

Vandy is like beating the crap out of your little brother. After the way they have acted, I expect them to get stomped. We need to hang about 60 on their azz. JMHO

actually, I'm not even assuming we run the table, much less beating Vandy...do I think it's possible...oh, hell yes...on both...we'll see...:D

GO BIG ORANGE...BEAT THE WILDCATS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: feathersax

VN Store

Back