Everyone improving as season goes on but

You have us confused with a school that cares anything about athletics. The decisions made by the ad in the past 12 years should show you that.

us it seems.
As the season moved along, other coaches were able to discover the weakest parts of our offense, defense, and the limitations of our players. You do not win in college basketball when you have two major deficits in talents at the 1 and 5 positions. Sometimes you can win with lesser talent at one of those positions but not both. Cain't wait to get Chandler on the court next year and we find a 5 player to rebound, score, and protect the middle.

When you really look hard at our roster, you know the answer to that question. We have 2 really good players in Springer and KJ. Got a glue guy and a jack of all trades type with James but he's no 5 star. After that we've got very little in the way of talent and more important...where are the leaders? Where's the Slay, the Schofield? Nah, this team is one of my least favorites. Awful roster behind the freshmen and they're awful to watch.

When you really look hard at our roster, you know the answer to that question. We have 2 really good players in Springer and KJ. Got a glue guy and a jack of all trades type with James but he's no 5 star. After that we've got very little in the way of talent and more important...where are the leaders? Where's the Slay, the Schofield? Nah, this team is one of my least favorites. Awful roster behind the freshmen and they're awful to watch.
Agree. 100%. Holes all over the roster and the upper classmen have been frustrating as hell.

^^^^^this a thousand times
If I wasn’t a Tn fan I’d never watch this team, it’s about like watching the football team last year

I love Coach Barnes but sometimes a strength can be a weakness too, he is so intense , to me the guys are playing tight, example each time we have a turnover he immediately pulls the player, we need to play a game and just let it loose. It is a game have some fun.

Pons is a guy I love to watch. Plays really well with his abilities. I think he is wearing down late in this season. Maybe knees are sore. There have been statements to this effect by sportscasters. Seems to me he is getting more bench time lately. Maybe they are trying to get him ready for a big tourney push. We seem to be a much better team when he is really able to put out at a top level.

Vols are far from the only team experiencing a lot of inconsistency this year. I kinda give them a bit of a pass because of that. We are still going to be a single digit seed in the tournament and that's a pretty significant improvement from last year. Winning a game in the tournament would suffice for this team.

Of course they can both be true but they're not in this case. And of course you're entitled to your opinion

Izzo, Calipari, Coach K, and Roy Williams are all underperforming as well. There's time to change but as of 2/28/21, a team that was projected to be a Top 10-15 team and to win the SEC is underperforming by playing .500ish ball in the SEC.

Izzo, Calipari, Coach K, and Roy Williams are all underperforming as well. There's time to change but as of 2/28/21, a team that was projected to be a Top 10-15 team and to win the SEC is underperforming by playing .500ish ball in the SEC.
It's easy to say they're underperforming as coaches when you don't have the first clue as to what they've had to deal with this year

It's easy to say they're underperforming as coaches when you don't have the first clue as to what they've had to deal with this year

You are making excuses. Every coach in America has had to deal with COVID. Some have done better jobs than others. To come up and say Cal (with all his 4* and 5* players ) is doing a good job this year by coaching the worst UK team in generations is asinine.

VN Store

Back