Every SEC school should have a clause in their coaching contracts

volbound1700

that if you lose to a Sunbelt, MAC, WAC, Div FCS, or Conf USA team that had a record of 6-6 or worse the year before, you should automatically be fired without any buyout.

It is an EMBARRASSMENT to the entirety of the Southeastern Conference to lose to a 2-10 Georgia State team. This will ensure that these coaches don't lose these games.

that if you lose to a Sunbelt, MAC, WAC, Div FCS, or Conf USA team that had a record of 6-6 or worse the year before, you should automatically be fired without any buyout.

It is an EMBARRASSMENT to the entirety of the Southeastern Conference to lose to a 2-10 Georgia State team. This will ensure that these coaches don't lose these games.
This will ensure that no coach will sign an SEC contract.

It was an awful/shameful loss. Point stipulated. It's been discussed ad nauseum on this and every other UT board and media source. As has been pointed out, however, 2-10 was last year. They're 2-0 this year. Ironic that we look at GSU and still consider them to be a 2-10 team like last season yet look at UT at 4-8 last year and expect them to be an 8-9 win team this year.

I would vote for that, but I don't get why schools pay these Coaches to leave, they have failed to win or they wouldn't be fired

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

What if Georgia State goes undefeated?

Reactions: GBOx2 and berryvol
I just imagined that the OP has been in a catatonic state of shock since 8/31 and just snapped out of it and got to a keyboard as quickly as possible.

This and the other thread have a delayed reaction component to it that's awesome

Last edited:

Problem is GA State is 2-0 not 2-10.

It is like a combo of DaVinci, Aristotle, and Einstein.

Although I've been disappointed, I've not given up on Jeremy yet. The last two coaches were absolutely awful and they were rewarded handsomely for their dismal work. I firmly believe that there are coaches that would accept the honor and opportunity to coach in the SEC without having a buyout like Butch or Dooley had. There has to be some sort of balance or accountability to offset incompetence or obvious lack of effort or preparedness. If a coach (especially one given their first opportunity to coach at a Power 5 school) has confidence in their ability, they won't be afraid of a contract with a lesser buyout.

Cool post

Reactions: volfannbama

Not a bad concept...but in the frenzy of agents in the middle wanting to get their guy signed, the details get glossed over. I personally think that whatever buy out clause is agreed upon should also have a diminished rate paid for not hitting a minimum, and agreed upon threshold of wins per season...

I work in Corporate America and losing to a Sunbelt team would be like me losing $ 5 Million dollars for my company. It is pathetic!

You should get out more. Home Depot paid Bob Nardelli $211 million dollars when they fired him. Clown CEO's have it way better than football coaches.

Reactions: VolNExile

VN Store

Back