Ever Find a Gun?

Hunerwadel

There are lots of guns around these days. Just wondering if anyone has a story.

When I was a Sr in HS I was at the court house buying tags. I stopped by the restroom on the way out. Hanging by the trigger guard on a stall door coat hanger was a .38 Chief's Special. I put it in my pocket and walked down to the lower floor where the sheriff's office was located to turn it in. Turns out it was the sheriff's own gun.

Last edited:

Notorious B.E.N

"Let's having some fun!"
Lab Rat
I do construction work, home repairs and stuff like that, anyways a few months ago we were working at a rental house and my brother found a gun buried in the mud in the backyard. He told my coworker who decided to call the cops and report it. An hour later they showed up and took it away.

Obsessed

Lab Rat
Years ago I was a mechanic for GM. If we had slow days we would pull in used/traded vehicles and go over them to be put back out on the lot.

I found an old pistol under the back seat of a 4 door car. I turned it in to the service manager and he notified the police.
I don’t know whatever became of it after that.

kiddiedoc

Renaissance Man
Staff member
When I was a young boy living in Illinois, my dad found a loaded Derringer-style pistol while mowing the back yard. We backed up to a busy highway, and apparently somebody ditched it out the window. He turned it in to the police, but I don't believe anything ever came of it.

VolunteerHillbilly

Spike Drinks, Not Trees
I found a nice Walther in a box that some people let me rummage through at a yard sale. I gave it to the man of the house assuming it wasn't for sale. He asked where I found it. I answered and he retreated inside with the pistol. His wife told me that he'd had a falling out with his son years earlier because he thought his son stole that gun. Turned out he just forgot where he put it. Very sad story.

DEFENDTHISHOUSE

I found a nice Walther in a box that some people let me rummage through at a yard sale. I gave it to the man of the house assuming it wasn't for sale. He asked where I found it. I answered and he retreated inside with the pistol. His wife told me that he'd had a falling out with his son years earlier because he thought his son stole that gun. Turned out he just forgot where he put it. Very sad story.
Man... that’s depressing.

PowerT83

Dapper Dan Man
Cleaned out my cousin's house last summer and found a .357 Smith and Wesson I believe, it has a crimson ir built in to it. His mother let me have it. She wouldn't take any money. I sold it for $250.
It was a nice revolver I think I would of kept it if it didn't have the word Crimson on it.

VolunteerHillbilly

Spike Drinks, Not Trees
Cleaned out my cousin's house last summer and found a .357 Smith and Wesson I believe, it has a crimson ir built in to it. His mother let me have it. She wouldn't take any money. I sold it for $250.
It was a nice revolver I think I would of kept it if it didn't have the word Crimson on it.
maybe Crimson Trace laser sight? guess that's what you meant with IR?

LouderVol

Last of XVI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
not me, but my cousin is redoing our grandparents house that has been in the family for hundreds of years. that's not an exaggeration. anyway its an old farm house, so there were always some varmint rifles or shotguns around, so guns weren't taboo. He found a really old pistol in the exterior wall. thing had rusted all to heck, and whoever had it left the ammo in there and I guess they weren't sealed very well so there was some extra corrosion from that. pistol ended up being junked. no one remembers my grandfather or his parents ever having a pistol, and no idea why it was in the wall.

HollowaytoSeivers

This IS my uniform thread
Don't have a gun story, but I found a timex watch buried in the mud beside a pond 10 years after I lost it as a young boy. Cleaned it off and it and worked fine after cows and pigs had been walking the shore all those years.
"Takes a licking and keeps on ticking." Wasn't that their slogan for years?

utvolpj

Scepticle Mod
Staff member
In college we found one across the street from our house. It was inside the pocket of a pair of shorts that were laying there. Just the gun and shorts in a ditch. Makes me wonder about the story behind it. We lived one street off Cherokee Blvd so it's not like when I lived off magnolia

Last edited:

GoVolsDR

There are lots of guns around these days. Just wondering if anyone has a story.

When I was a Sr in HS I was at the court house buying tags. I stopped by the restroom on the way out. Hanging by the trigger guard on a stall door coat hanger was a .38 Chief's Special. I put it in my pocket and walked down to the lower floor where the sheriff's office was located to turn it it. Turns out it was the sheriff's own gun.
As the owner of both the .38 Chief's Special and a 38 Bodyguard from S&W, I can attest those are great revolvers to conceal carry. Very strong trigger pulls however.

Fun coupon VOL

Not at the table Carlos
My dad found a civil war era knife in roaring river or spring creek, when he was a kid back in the 70s. He still has it in his gun safe.

I think the historian estimated the value at $1,500. I could be off a bit.

golfballs

Well-Known Boofer
When I was a kid I had a friend whose dad was an FBI agent. He had guns stashed all over the place and we would always go looking for them. His mom was taking us to baseball practice and we went to the trunk to get our stuff. I pulled up the cover to the spare tire and there was a pistol and a bunch of magazines in there. His mom flipped out.

FortSanders

My "Fort Sanders" gun is held together with string. The barrel is literally tied to the gun stock. The ramrod does not fit. And I can't see down the barrel (maybe I don't want to).

VN Store

Sponsors