Evan Russell on live with Tomi Lahren 7pm

I get how it would suck to hear nothing but glowing praise for the other 8 on the field and then they point to you as the kink in the armor that’s due to fail.
The only weak link “grief” he got was in regards to throwing out baserunners and I don’t think we can point to any of the 9 losses we experienced and say that it was a steal or two that cost us a win. He batted .300 or damn near it and hit 14 HR’s while breaking the school record; his overall offensive game was significantly improved from 2021. I’m not discounting that he felt that way but I personally don’t think it was warranted because the criticism wasn’t that loud.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
The guy didn’t even attempt to reach out to Evan to offer a personal apology and read a Disney written script on television to save face. I honestly hope Evan follows through with suing, even if on principle alone.

Let’s be honest, the lawyers reached out to him as soon as possible with a pre written script for him to say and nothing more.

Not saying it’s right or wrong, but I’m sure the powers over him had more to do with it than he did

I would say that it’s probably wise for them to avoid politics, but it’s up to them how to live their lives. Plus, Evan has finished his TN baseball career, and while this is a political show, it doesn’t appear that the segment will be political.

Maybe not but he's advertised with one of the most polarizing members of Congress so kind of hard to avoid the politics angle. And let's be honest here, if he were on a show that had him and say AOC advertised, I'm pretty sure several here would be singing a much different tune.

Maybe not but he's advertised with one of the most polarizing members of Congress so kind of hard to avoid the politics angle. And let's be honest here, if he were on a show that had him and say AOC advertised, I'm pretty sure several here would be singing a much different tune.

You mean like if he went on Rachel Maddow? 🤣

commie kids? Not quite....

She wants to rehash a minor kerfluffle that's more than 2 weeks old just to try to knock ESPN? Lame.

You don't think ESPN deserves to be knocked over this? I sure do. They slandered and smeared Evan and the entire team. These people with big bullhorns have to understand that they can hurt people badly by what they say. If they don't care, like ESPN appears not to care, then make them care. With these smear merchants, money talks and everything else walks. Teach em a lesson. Maybe they'll learn.

Let’s be honest, the lawyers reached out to him as soon as possible with a pre written script for him to say and nothing more.

Not saying it’s right or wrong, but I’m sure the powers over him had more to do with it than he did

You're saying he can't think for himself? On what basis?

You don't think ESPN deserves to be knocked over this? I sure do. They slandered and smeared Evan and the entire team. These people with big bullhorns have to understand that they can hurt people badly by what they say. If they don't care, like ESPN appears not to care, then make them care. With these smear merchants, money talks and everything else walks. Teach em a lesson. Maybe they'll learn.
Definitely agree with this, they didn’t care to throw him under the bus for the sake of their clicks and views. They tried to exploit Evan for their benefit and nothing else. Absolutely take action and show them they can’t just use people as pawns.

Streaming on Facebook and her media outlets. She's calling out ESPN and that announcer who claimed he missed a game due to PED's and said the rest of the team will be tested.

Hoping that Russell initiates a libel and slander suit against ESPN, Troy Elkund, and the ARKY fan that posted the bs on twitter. Open and shut case - ESPN and Eklund would settle very quickly!

Man, it pains me to think about what Evan went through with crippling anxiety in thinking he was “the wink link”. Especially considering that he was totally selfless in changing positions to help the team. Evan is a VFL who was a walk on and never took a dime of scholarship money. This is a good reminder why Vol fans should be careful and think before they post and refrain from calling out specific players. Evan helped rebuild TN baseball and will be remembered as one of my all-time favorite Vols.

I get how it would suck to hear nothing but glowing praise for the other 8 on the field and then they point to you as the kink in the armor that’s due to fail.

Thanks for the link. That was a good cut-to-the-chase interview. I hope he sues the hell out of ESPN. because that allegation is something that cannot be said minus 100% confirmatoon. Plus, the apology was weak and the guy read it on air as if someone had a gun to his head. Not reaching out to Russell personally to apologize says it all.

Last edited:
Please point to where I said he can’t think for himself

I'm just asking a question. I read your post as saying Evan is being manipulated by 'powers' (apparently you are referring to the lawyers), rather than Evan and his family being in control of and directing the lawyers. Is that not what you meant?

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I'm just asking a question. I read your post as saying Evan is being manipulated by 'powers' (apparently you are referring to the lawyers), rather than Evan and his family being in control of and directing the lawyers. Is that not what you meant?

I was referring to the announcer not Evan

Honestly it’s the guy on Twitter that started it who bothers me. He apparently has a history of doing that garbage. A friend who has been a journalist for over fifty years said it was straight up libel per se.
The kid has become a superstar in the troll community. Seems like Twitter would have banned his account but they didn’t.

VN Store

Back