Evan Russell not available tonight (Friday) now AVAILABLE

If it was a HIPPA issue you would never hear of injuries to players of any sport. Thatā€™s not the issue. Either he is sick as Tony V says or thereā€™s something else going on and Tony is trying to protect ER/the team as much as possible. If heā€™s out for the tourney I think he should just say it and let everyone move on, media/fan base is going to make this a bigger story than it may be. Tennessee is good enough to win it all without ER. Yes he is very valuable to this team but say this team is one injury/player away from collapse is foolish.

If it was a HIPPA issue you would never hear of injuries to players of any sport. Thatā€™s not the issue. Either he is sick as Tony V says or thereā€™s something else going on and Tony is trying to protect ER/the team as much as possible. If heā€™s out for the tourney I think he should just say it and let everyone move on, media/fan base is going to make this a bigger story than it may be. Tennessee is good enough to win it all without ER. Yes he is very valuable to this team but say this team is one injury/player away from collapse is foolish.

I think that the thing I am more concerned about than one injured player being the down fall of the team is just this becoming a distraction with some much dumb speculation circulating. I trust Vitello to shut out the noise and keep his guys focused though.

Reactions: Rizzo924
I said in another thread he wasn't feeling well before the game and that's what I was told. Don't know why and don't know if there are family issues but I will hear if there are. I won't share personal stuff but if it's something I can say I will. I'm going for the best for him and everyone.

I canā€™t wait to hear for sure what is going on. I will tell you that Evan and I communicate regularly, and he usually texts me back but didnā€™t this afternoon. Whatever is going on happened in the past 24 hours. Iā€™m afraid it is a failed test, which would be such a shame because heā€™s such a good guy and knows better.
You sir are an attention seeker. The worst kind. Not to mention full of ****!

If the player doesnā€™t not wish to have his medical information released then they donā€™t have to. When they release the info the players have been hurt playing the sport. If itā€™s a personal sickness and he went to his own doctor then he had every right not to release that information.

Know not everyone is a fan but to be fair, think Basilio was taken a little out of context here. He started the show saying he heard a lot of different things from people he trusts but didnā€™t want to speculate ahead of CTVā€™s presser (and he didnā€™t know the truth, callers even tried to get him to speculate and he wouldnā€™t). He said none of the folks he spoke with told him he was sick

With all the unsubstantiated rumors of a failed drug test, does anyone know the policy for program/NCAA testing? Iā€™m sure there is some policy in place for our guys to be tested throughout the season. I do not see a guy like Russell making it all the way through the season and then deciding to use something around tournament time.

I love Evan but I donā€™t expect to see him in the lineup tomorrow. No inside information at all - just an opinion. If he doesnā€™t play tomorrow or this weekend, this a huge loss.

I hope Iā€™m wrong and I hope this is just a one game blip on the radar. We need Evan.

Go Vols.

With all the unsubstantiated rumors of a failed drug test, does anyone know the policy for program/NCAA testing? Iā€™m sure there is some policy in place for our guys to be tested throughout the season. I do not see a guy like Russell making it all the way through the season and then deciding to use something around tournament time.
Drug testing is usually random, from the time practice starts in February until the end of the season a player can be tested. You usually find out the night before and have to show up wherever early in the morning.

You sir are an attention seeker. The worst kind. Not to mention full of ****!
I donā€™t believe one bit this person talks to ER on a regular basis. When I called him out and asked how he knew Evan and if so has he known him to this before. And his response was his ā€œsource told himā€. Thatā€™s all I needed to see to know he was full of ****. If he knows him like he claims he wouldnā€™t need a source to get information from.

VN Store

Back