Evan Russell not available tonight (Friday) now AVAILABLE

The media is honestly making this worse than it needs to be by trying to insinuate it’s something way worse than Tony is letting on. But, of course, what else would you expect from the media.

Think that was bad.. ESPN’s crew slandered the entire Tennessee baseball program saying failed drug tests in a nationally televised NCAA Regional game tonight.. I’d sue the Chit out of them.

I apologize if something similar to this has already been posted, but I’ve been looking on Arkansas’ side of Twitter, and it turns out the fan who started the lie about Evan Russell and PEDs has done this before to other fanbases. He is well-known amongst Arkansas Twitter for doing stuff like this. The announcer for Oklahoma State-Missouri State essentially read this guy’s false tweet about Russell verbatim live on ESPN, and then afterwards this Arkansas twitter guy came clean and admitted that it was all a troll job that he started. Looking a lot like MANY media folks screwed up today and owe ER and his family a BIG, BIG apology.

Last edited:
The media is honestly making this worse than it needs to be by trying to insinuate it’s something way worse than Tony is letting on. But, of course, what else would you expect from the media.

FWIW I do think it’s worse than what Vitello has said. And I think UT definitely could’ve handled this better than the super vague release before the game. Should’ve just said he’s sick or personal reasons and left it at that.

What that espn commentator did on air is entirely unacceptable though. At the very least he owes Evan a personal apology and a public apology as well. Their producers as well as I’m sure that probably came from the truck

I apologize if something similar to this has already been posted, but I’ve been looking on Arkansas’ side of Twitter, and it turns out the fan who started the lie about Evan Russell and PEDs has done this before to other fanbases. He is well-known amongst Arkansas Twitter for doing stuff like this. The announcer for Oklahoma State-Missouri State essentially read this guy’s false tweet about Russell verbatim live on ESPN, and then afterwords this Arkansas twitter guy came clean and admitted that it was all a troll job that he started. Looking a lot like MANY media folks screwed up today and owe ER and his family a BIG, BIG apology.

Has Libel written all over it. Damaging to the university, to the program, to recruiting, etc. This entire season folks have latched onto everything hoping it tarnishes the program and success of the season. We saw it with the Nashville sports guy reporting TN’s bat failed compression tests, (it didn’t) and yet folks still use that against us to this day.

I don't understand why Tony didn't just tell us before the game that Evan was sick.

But I trust Tony has a good reason for that, and that he is doing the best thing for ER and the team. It's not necessary for me to understand everything about another's personal life.

And I believe coaches don't have the standing to divulge the nature of a player's absence without the specific permission of the player. And even if ER has given that permission, it's still CTVs call as to whether to divulge it to the public. That was settled this past basketball season with respect to Kellie Harper not divulging any details about injuries to a few of her players.

In CTV I trust.
I think they should’ve said he’s missing the game for ____ before and it would’ve saved a lot of gossip. I’m not sure they knew it’d blow up. There’s no good reason to use and I think TV is just trying to do right by Evan. He obviously had to say something post game so he went as vague as possible

I agree but if he had a simple illness , there was no reason to cause this drama.
you’re exactly right this isn’t a simple illness though and that’s the problem. If he misses an extended period of time I imagine this is all going to get out sooner or later

Think that was bad.. ESPN’s crew slandered the entire Tennessee baseball program saying failed drug tests in a nationally televised NCAA Regional game tonight.. I’d sue the Chit out of them.

If the drug test thing turns out to be wrong, I hope ER and the entire Tennessee program sues their asses off for reporting stuff without verification. Use the money for NIL.

Has Libel written all over it. Damaging to the university, to the program, to recruiting, etc. This entire season folks have latched onto everything hoping it tarnishes the program and success of the season. We saw it with the Nashville sports guy reporting TN’s bat failed compression tests, (it didn’t) and yet folks still use that against us to this day.
Dude needs to learn a lesson in the court of law. Hurt ER draft status if he’s just sick. He already pleaded guilty.

Just heard from someone I very much trust a little bit of what is going on and prayers up to Evan. I will not repeat it here because I do not know Evan personally so I have no way of substantiating if this is true, but it’s someone I trust

I pray he gets better and is able to find his way back to the field to finish off what he has built here. Encouraging that his father has said he’s all good

Definitely discouraging the amount of lies that we’re spread about him, but in part I do think UT could’ve handled this whole scenario a little bit better than they did with the whole vague release prior to the game
Yes, this posts clears everything up and calms everyone down. Just don’t post

Student athletes are covered by FERPA. Their educational records include their health records. Only under certain circumstances can a student’s records be released without the consent of the student. The student would have to authorize disclosure of his or her medical records to the media.
Thanks for the post and hope some on here recall the ray burrell situation and lack of information concerning her injury. Coaches or any one else for that matter cannot divulge information pertaining to an athlete or any student without that person's consent. Coaches are simply caught in the middle.

It’s like we as fans can’t wait for the bottom to fall out. For crying out loud!!!

Do you blame us ? We are Tennessee fans - the bottom has been falling out for our various athletic programs for a good 15 years now.
You have to have the patience of Job to love Tennessee in recent years, though I still do.

I apologize if something similar to this has already been posted, but I’ve been looking on Arkansas’ side of Twitter, and it turns out the fan who started the lie about Evan Russell and PEDs has done this before to other fanbases. He is well-known amongst Arkansas Twitter for doing stuff like this. The announcer for Oklahoma State-Missouri State essentially read this guy’s false tweet about Russell verbatim live on ESPN, and then afterwards this Arkansas twitter guy came clean and admitted that it was all a troll job that he started. Looking a lot like MANY media folks screwed up today and owe ER and his family a BIG, BIG apology.

With a little luck, he will meet the right person at the right time and will get a little tune-up for his efforts…

Just heard from someone I very much trust a little bit of what is going on and prayers up to Evan. I will not repeat it here because I do not know Evan personally so I have no way of substantiating if this is true, but it’s someone I trust

I pray he gets better and is able to find his way back to the field to finish off what he has built here. Encouraging that his father has said he’s all good

Definitely discouraging the amount of lies that we’re spread about him, but in part I do think UT could’ve handled this whole scenario a little bit better than they did with the whole vague release prior to the game
It's impossible to satisfy everyone. This is a tough situation for everyone involved. We all as fans want answers but it's just not that important that we know all. The most important thing about this is Evan is healthy and safe.

I know it was a troll job by the Ark fan but the vagueness in which CTV addressed it kind of opened UT up for this. I’m in no way condoning what that announcer said, nor am I saying that CTV was obligated to be 100% transparent about what’s going on with Russell at that moment. It’s a double edged sword, tough call on how to handle. I believe (like you) that there’s more to the story and that CTV is trying to protect ER and his family. I’m curious if these rumors and troll jobs force UT/ER hands to actually address it. Not saying that they actually owe anything else due to these false allegations.

At any rate, thoughts and prayers for whatever is going on with ER (and possibly his family).

Also, that announcer should be pulled from all remaining baseball games this year at the very least. You don’t let someone from a national/worldwide sports outlet just report anything posted on social media by an unverified source as “breaking news”.

FWIW I do think it’s worse than what Vitello has said. And I think UT definitely could’ve handled this better than the super vague release before the game. Should’ve just said he’s sick or personal reasons and left it at that.

What that espn commentator did on air is entirely unacceptable though. At the very least he owes Evan a personal apology and a public apology as well. Their producers as well as I’m sure that probably came from the truck
Lawsuit needs to be waiting on them. Who was that broadcaster?

Last edited:

some good news 🍊👍🍊🍊👍👍

Sure sounds like that stomach bug I mentioned. Seems to fit. If so, he's young so maybe he can throw it off with 24 hours of rest and fluids, but I have a hard time seeing him come back that fast if he's dealing with that nasty bug. It ruins you in both directions. Plus you got no juice. Weak as hades. Might be better to stick with a healthy Taylor thru the regionals.

Public apology and producer or whoever authorized that sharing of false rumors should be suspended. Pathetic lack of fact checking and using “Twitter” as your source should be grounds for termination.

I know this world is going to hell in a hand basket and all this ESPN **** including some of the ******** I read on here is no surprise to me. Good lord!!?

Reactions: 82_VOL_83

VN Store

Back