Evan Russell and Luc Lipcius Set Tennessee Home Run Record with 39 home runs each

OneVolNation

All Vols All The Time
Future Hall of Famer Todd Helton owned the career home run record for Tennessee for 25 years with 38 home runs.
Today, Evan Russell hit his 39th to break the record and Luc Lipcius hit his 38th and 39th home runs to tie the new record.
Congrats to both of these gentlemen.

Go Vols!

It is gratifying to know that these two fine young men who started when the program was not on anyone’s radar have achieved this milestone. It is testament to relentless hard work and never giving up. Two of the many memorable stories of this incredibly special baseball team.

Future Hall of Famer Todd Helton owned the career home run record for Tennessee for 25 years with 38 home runs.
Today, Evan Russell hit his 39th to break the record and Luc Lipcius hit his 38th and 39th home runs to tie the new record.
Congrats to both of these gentlemen.

Go Vols!

I hope they retire from Rocky Top tied for the lead - and with many more than they have now.

I blame this loss on CTV. Think he loss control over the team. Gilbert thought he was bigger than college baseball. AD White needs to call CTV into his office Monday morning to chat with coach (a$$ chewing) to clean up teams act. Bat flipping, mink coats & pimp hats in dugout questionable of a class program. This was a team everyone in nation wanted to see them lose. Is this what we want for the Tennessee brand?

Go start a thread about it then. This thread has nothing to do with any loss.

It's about Evan Russell setting a new career home run record with 39 and then Luc Lipcius setting a new one with his 40th.

Reactions: HeadVol77 and Zues1
I blame this loss on CTV. Think he loss control over the team. Gilbert thought he was bigger than college baseball. AD White needs to call CTV into his office Monday morning to chat with coach (a$$ chewing) to clean up teams act. Bat flipping, mink coats & pimp hats in dugout questionable of a class program. This was a team everyone in nation wanted to see them lose. Is this what we want for the Tennessee brand?
I blame TV for getting the Vols to supers with such gawdy numbers. He needs to make some major changes with his approach.

What’s up with the music they play when our guys are going to bat. This ain’t no disco.

SMDH!! Some of you are seriously ridiculous!

This team made baseball fun to watch again and set records doing it, what more could you want out of your team?

I think coach TV is a great young coach. They had a great season. But when your best hitters go 0 for nothing against a pitcher with an ERA of 4.7? Think Gilbert brought bad karma to the team & think he only cares about himself. Compare this team to what CJH & CRB are trying to do with their teams. Granted football team is looking at best 8 win season bb team will not make it pass sweet 16. But they do it with class. The great legionary UCLA coach John Wooden said you win with class, you lose with class. Either way you come out a winner. I see nothing in Gilbert to suggest he is a winner. Competitor maybe. Character?

I think coach TV is a great young coach. They had a great season. But when your best hitters go 0 for nothing against a pitcher with an ERA of 4.7? Think Gilbert brought bad karma to the team & think he only cares about himself. Compare this team to what CJH & CRB are trying to do with their teams. Granted football team is looking at best 8 win season bb team will not make it pass sweet 16. But they do it with class. The great legionary UCLA coach John Wooden said you win with class, you lose with class. Either way you come out a winner. I see nothing in Gilbert to suggest he is a winner. Competitor maybe. Character?

That’s a bunch of words to call out one player by name. We don’t normally do that here. As good as CTV is, comparing him to one of the greatest basketball coaches of all time might be a stretch.

My apologies for calling out a player. Sorry if I offended you & other Vol fans. May God bless you & all Vol fans & hope you all have a great summer.

All good man! You have a good summer too.

My apologies for calling out a player. Sorry if I offended you & other Vol fans. May God bless you & all Vol fans & hope you all have a great summer.
All good man! You have a good summer too.
You too dude. And if you’re not married & go to the beach hope the beer is cold & the cuties are HOT! And if you are married have fun with the kids.

You too dude. And if you’re not married & go to the beach hope the beer is cold & the cuties are HOT! And if you are married have fun with the kids.

Hoover was my Vacation.

VN Store

Back