Europe

kkep48

PirateVol
Didn't know which forum to put this in, so I stuck it in the basketball forum. I'm going to Europe in 2 weeks, the week of all the conference tournaments and will be there on Selection Sunday. Does anyone know if ESPN is broadcasted in London/Paris so that I can keep up with how the Vols do in the SEC Tourney and if/where they end up in the NCAA Tourney? Thanks for the help. Mods, feel free to move if there's a better place for this.

I lived in Europe from 77-82. They didn't have those things back then. By now, you can hit a internet pub and stream it ....

Didn't know which forum to put this in, so I stuck it in the basketball forum. I'm going to Europe in 2 weeks, the week of all the conference tournaments and will be there on Selection Sunday. Does anyone know if ESPN is broadcasted in London/Paris so that I can keep up with how the Vols do in the SEC Tourney and if/where they end up in the NCAA Tourney? Thanks for the help. Mods, feel free to move if there's a better place for this.

I spent 4 months in worcester/london, UK back in 2007. Could not get espn. Just a lot of sky sports, bbc sports, setanta, and itv sports. Best option is to stream it over your computer, maybe through cbs. My internet wasn't fast enough where I was at, so I had to listen to instead of watch the crushing loss to Ohio State in the tourney. Sky sports generally covers more american sports than any of the others. So there's my two cents fwiw.

in regards to Paris. Those nancies don't have any grasp on sports reality. I had to hunt down an irish owned pub when I was there just to watch a huge soccer match. They pride themselves on bakeries, cafe's, and being uptight. If you doubt it, then you will soon find out.

Not to say the city isn't one of the coolest and prettiest cities I've ever been to. However, the stereotypes are fairly true.

And just fyi, you can get partial week passes for unlimited tube rides. In regards to London's underground, they have day passes. Just get a zone 1-4 pass and it'll get you to everywhere worth seeing in london and they're generally 4-8 pounds, depending on the day.

Yes ESPN is available, in the UK at least. Its called ESPN America and its on channel 417 with Sky TV which is the same as DIRECTV basically. They show college football and basketball and infact right now are showing a repeat of Villanova/Syracuse

ESPN America - American for Sports

TV Guide & TV Listings - Sky TV

Yes ESPN is available, in the UK at least. Its called ESPN America and its on channel 417 with Sky TV which is the same as DIRECTV basically.

...and that is if you have purchased a tv license, got a cable pkg, and paid for additional channels. Might be worth asking a gent at the pub, but you also might be laughed at hysterically if it's on a saturday/sunday, footie night, or during the UEFA champions league...They don't mess around with American sports when an important match is on (and I would highly recommend watching some soccer when you're there; the fervor for the sport sucks you in, and I will forever enjoy European soccer/EPL.)

On that note, GO REDS! YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!

Last edited:
I spent 4 months in worcester/london, UK back in 2007. Could not get espn. Just a lot of sky sports, bbc sports, setanta, and itv sports. Best option is to stream it over your computer, maybe through cbs. My internet wasn't fast enough where I was at, so I had to listen to instead of watch the crushing loss to Ohio State in the tourney. Sky sports generally covers more american sports than any of the others. So there's my two cents fwiw.

where the hell did you get that avatar? :sick:

...and that is if you have purchased a tv license, got a cable pkg, and paid for additional channels. Might be worth asking a gent at the pub, but you also might be laughed at hysterically if it's on a saturday/sunday, footie night, or during the UEFA champions league.

On that note, GO REDS! YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!

sweet jesus there goes the neighbourhood!

Man%2BUtd.jpg

sweet jesus there goes the neighbourhood!

Man%2BUtd.jpg

It would be far too easy to be a fan of the Red Devils. Though I do respect your English english in the spelling of "neighbourhood". CL starts again tomorrow. Liverpool will be taking down Real Madrid on Wed. Gotta wish everyone in the EPL good luck, unless they're Chelsea or playing Liverpool.

see you at half past 2...

It would be far too easy to be a fan of the Red Devils. Though I do respect your English english in the spelling of "neighbourhood". CL starts again tomorrow. Liverpool will be taking down Real Madrid on Wed. Gotta wish everyone in the EPL good luck, unless they're Chelsea or playing Liverpool.

see you at half past 2...

unfortunately thats how we spell it where i come from...not england!
United 1 Inter 1, Liverpool 0 Madrid 2 :good!:

Yeah, use the links above. My days in Europe consisted of using all internet sources available. also had a very good friend who bought a video capture card and streamed to me all the football games.

unfortunately thats how we spell it where i come from...not england!
United 1 Inter 1, Liverpool 0 Madrid 2 :good!:

well, goalless draw...good news for you...

Brace yourself for a reds offensive attack tomorrow...

Yes ESPN is available, in the UK at least. Its called ESPN America and its on channel 417 with Sky TV which is the same as DIRECTV basically. They show college football and basketball and infact right now are showing a repeat of Villanova/Syracuse

I haven't looked through the listings, but I was in Europe over New Year and the bowl games on Sky were delayed to account for the time difference.

You can probably find a sports bar with satellite live feeds to the games if you look hard enough. An internet feed is probably the safest way to know that you can watch games live, however.

See above. You can watch the same programs you watch at home via slingbox.

Chris Lofton plays in Turkey and Jamont Gordon plays in Italy. You could check out a game.

VN Store

Back