Europe Trip

I know it doesn't mean much, but the starters were: Zaay, Massengill, Kasi, Rennia, and Jaiden.

Interesting that Jaiden started. I think she can really help us this year.

Interesting, yes, with so much promise in the two, six-five freshmen.
Of course, the starting lineup could have one, or more changes for the next game. I suspect no position (well, probably Rennia and Kasi are practically secure) is set in stone; plus, Jordan Horston is hopefully, temporarily set back with minor illness/injury, and will be good to go this weekend.
Meanwhile, we have this more experienced player, herself at six-three, so no huge sacrifice in height (which, incidentally the other team lacked). And, this player, Jaiden McCoy, has likely set out to prove her new head coach, very wise for scouting, then signing her this spring. She just appears determined not to be a roster filler, but, as you put it, ready to “really help us this year.” And next year ...and possibly the next.

Interesting, yes, with so much promise in the two, six-five freshmen.
Of course, the starting lineup could have one, or more changes for the next game. I suspect no position (well, probably Rennia and Kasi are practically secure) is set in stone; plus, Jordan Horston is hopefully, temporarily set back with minor illness/injury, and will be good to go this weekend.
Meanwhile, we have this more experienced player, herself at six-three, so no huge sacrifice in height (which, incidentally the other team lacked). And, this player, Jaiden McCoy, has likely set out to prove her new head coach, very wise for scouting, then signing her this spring. She just appears determined not to be a roster filler, but, as you put it, ready to “really help us this year.” And next year ...and possibly the next.

I think you're right. What I like about JUCO Transfers is that they typically are the hardest workers on the team. I know this isn't always the case, but take Kevin Punter, on the men's team a few years back, as an example. He was a JUCO transfer and ended up being the hardest worker. I think a lot of time they are really trying to prove themselves after coming from a smaller school to show that they belong here. I think this could be the same for her, and I bet she really feels like she has something to prove given that she's from Knoxville and wasn't recruited by us out of HS. She had some other Power 5 schools going after her this year too, so she's definitely got some talent to hopefully go along with her hard work. We will see come October.

Been away with USA basketball was the reason that I heard. I guess that means she has some learning of the system to get down or could mean something else. Anyway she is not injured and smiling in every picture I see so not a problem.

That is what I heard as well. So, it could be workload management thing. Let her have a little down time from competition so that she can come into the season healthy

Reactions: krichunaka
I think you're right. What I like about JUCO Transfers is that they typically are the hardest workers on the team. I know this isn't always the case, but take Kevin Punter, on the men's team a few years back, as an example. He was a JUCO transfer and ended up being the hardest worker. I think a lot of time they are really trying to prove themselves after coming from a smaller school to show that they belong here. I think this could be the same for her, and I bet she really feels like she has something to prove given that she's from Knoxville and wasn't recruited by us out of HS. She had some other Power 5 schools going after her this year too, so she's definitely got some talent to hopefully go along with her hard work. We will see come October.
I was told by a parent that people shouldn’t sleep on Jessie and Jaiden, that they were very good at what they do on the court

I was told by a parent that people shouldn’t sleep on Jessie and Jaiden, that they were very good at what they do on the court

Not surprised by this, I think they can both help us, especially with a new staff that will develop players much better (IMO). Can't wait for a lot of the question marks to be answered.

VN Store

Back