ETSU

Number 8 in FCS and headed to the tournament. SoCon champs and a win over a power 5 team. I'd say that's a special year.

I'm not real sure how the playoffs work. The guy sitting next to me at the game said the Bucs will get a 1st round bye and at least 1 game in Johnson City. That sounds pretty good

Reactions: JCHateSteve
I'm not real sure how the playoffs work. The guy sitting next to me at the game said the Bucs will get a 1st round bye and at least 1 game in Johnson City. That sounds pretty good
I don't know either. I guess I'll find out, because I plan to keep following them now that the school seems to be serious about winning.

I watch a fair amount of fcs football. ETSU definitely looks big compared to most SoCon teams. I assume they’re getting the UTK castoffs that UTC used to get.

Could happen in the 2nd round, based on the bracket.

didnt know that when i posted
davidson grad here, but cats play in a fairly weak league
i am enjoying seeing them havee some success again
cats went to citrus bowl when i was in school thanks to homer smith's coaching
have feeling i will be pulling for etsu as playoffs progress

Reactions: JCHateSteve
didnt know that when i posted
davidson grad here, but cats play in a fairly weak league
i am enjoying seeing them havee some success again
cats went to citrus bowl when i was in school thanks to homer smith's coaching
have feeling i will be pulling for etsu as playoffs progress
They've got Kennesaw St first. I have a hard time judging teams at that level.

Reactions: ArdentVol
Man… Mercer had those guys beat.
I was surprised by that pass coming off the prior INT. I figured eat clock and make them drive the field. Oh well. Hindsight is 20/20. It was still their best season in the SoCon. I was at UTC game but overstayed the tailgate after Drivin and Cryin and only saw Q4.

I don’t know how playoff selection was decided. You have six teams from Missouri Valley and five from Big Sky. Kinda hard to believe all those selections are merited, but that’s the way the cookie crumbles. Bears knew it was gonna be tough to get in without winning the conference.

Saw this earlier, hard to believe if true.

First time ETSU has played football in December in Johnson City. It’s going to be a great day.

Reactions: peaygolf and tbh

VN Store

Back