ESPN's Love For Auriemma And UCONN Makes Me Sick!

DOCTORLOOMIS

Smith’s Grove - Warren County Sanitarium
As I sit here watching the women's National Championship....all I hear is how this may be the best team ever....how UCONN has had the best teams. Have these idiots forgotten who has won the LAST TWO NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS IN A ROW?????? Sickening.........

Did anyone else notice the ESPN poll that asked who was the most dominating team this decade? It was between Uconn Womens BBall UNC Mens BBall etc.(I don't remember the rest) It just annoyed me that they had Uconn in this catagory when they have not won much less played in the past two national championships.

As I sit here watching the women's National Championship....all I hear is how this may be the best team ever....how UCONN has had the best teams. Have these idiots forgotten who has won the LAST TWO NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS IN A ROW?????? Sickening.........

for some reason espn has a love affair with ps and the lady vols as well and hates the rest of the athletic department. they just went 39-0 and prolly is one of the most dominating women's team in history.

for some reason espn has a love affair with ps and the lady vols as well and hates the rest of the athletic department. they just went 39-0 and prolly is one of the most dominating women's team in history.

I agree. That UCONN team is the most dominant women's team that I have ever watched. They were definitely more dominant than UT's past two teams. They won every game of the season by double digits.

yeah they had been down the last few years and still better than the down year the lady vols just had. UConn wasnt that good and made it to the final four last year. but that only shows how bad the womens game is at that level

What I want to know why Summitt can't ever put a team on the floor like this UConn team. Actually, I know why--and it's frustrating.

What I want to know why Summitt can't ever put a team on the floor like this UConn team. Actually, I know why--and it's frustrating.

No one cares man. We get it. You don't like Pat. Oh well.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Hard to argue with the world wide leader in sports on this one....

While I do not like Geno and think he is rather smug you cannot argue with his ability as a coach. Not counting Pat there is no one else who has done as much for women's basketball.

anyone know the breakdown on the following: How many years did it take Geno to win 6 titles? Summitt? Who won their titles over stiffer competition? How many undefeated seasons has UConn had? The Lady Vols? Look, I love how the Lady Vols represent our school across the nation, but Geno is better. Period.

Pat didn't capiltalize in the early years. She should have atleast 10 titles. Geno should add another one next year and quite possibly tie Pat the following year.

I agree. That UCONN team is the most dominant women's team that I have ever watched. They were definitely more dominant than UT's past two teams. They won every game of the season by double digits.

They were great, but everyone else stunk. Anytime a team goes 39-0 and walks the dog on everyone else, it's at least partially due to a lack of competition. Look at who they played in the finals--a team they'd just beaten 75-36 a few weeks before.

It was the same thing for us in '98. Remember, we brought back all five starters from that 39-0 team, and didn't even make the Final Four in '99.

For all the talk about so-called "parity" in the women's game, there are seasons when you might as well mail the trophy to the best team and not even bother playing. If UConn had lost a game this season, Geno should have committed seppuku.

anyone know the breakdown on the following: How many years did it take Geno to win 6 titles? Summitt? Who won their titles over stiffer competition? How many undefeated seasons has UConn had? The Lady Vols? Look, I love how the Lady Vols represent our school across the nation, but Geno is better. Period.

You must be on yours to make a statement like that. Geno Auriemma has very little competition in his schedule.

Please.

You must be on yours to make a statement like that. Geno Auriemma has very little competition in his schedule.

Please.

what I mean is the overall competition in women's basketball is better now than it was when Pat was coaching her first 15 years. I'll give Pat that, she does play a tougher schedule. But I got to wonder...does it really help them that much when it comes tourney time? I know everyone says it does, but do the results bear it out?

what I mean is the overall competition in women's basketball is better now than it was when Pat was coaching her first 15 years. I'll give Pat that, she does play a tougher schedule. But I got to wonder...does it really help them that much when it comes tourney time? I know everyone says it does, but do the results bear it out?

I think it takes away the fear of the unknown. No doubt those teams that played us this year, and especially those that beat us, have lost a little of the awe that is usually associated with the words Lady Vols. I think CPS wants to play as many big name teams as possible in the regular season because while familiarity may not breed contempt, it will at least reveal that the hotshot teams are human just like everybody else.

Except Candace Parker of course. :peace2:

Geno was hired at Uconn in 1985, so lets compare stats since then:

Lady Vols 8 NC and 16 final fours, Pat 760 wins
Uconn 6 NC and 10 final fours, Geno 696 wins

I don't know where your "Geno is better. period." crap comes from, because the stats certainly don't back that up.

Geno was hired at Uconn in 1985, so lets compare stats since then:

Lady Vols 8 NC and 16 final fours, Pat 760 wins
Uconn 6 NC and 10 final fours, Geno 696 wins

I don't know where your "Geno is better. period." crap comes from, because the stats certainly don't back that up.

I'm not arguing your point; however, it is fair to note that Auriemma took over a program that had one winning season in its history while UT was already off and running.

VN Store

Back