ESPN's Chris Low: "The incredible comeback of Tennessee offensive lineman Trey Smith"

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Good read about a fantastic representative of the University.

"I know it looked bleak to a lot of people, and I know everyone kept saying I wouldn't play again," Smith told ESPN. "But, in my mind, I was going to play again. Some were [concerned] about me playing again, and some doubted me. I'm cool with that. I was going to prove them wrong and am going to keep proving them wrong.

"Once again, it goes back to having faith, and I never lost that faith."

The incredible comeback of Tennessee offensive lineman Trey Smith

I'm just glad that the young man is getting healthier, it's just icing on the cake that he still gets to suit up for TN on the football field. To top it off this may very well have been his best season performance wise and definitely was leadership wise.

0YMrn7.gif

It seems the Vols get more than our fair share of high quality young men and women. Trey is the real deal. BTW I guess I had missed the diagnosis (if I read the article correctly) that the supposed returned blood clot was more likely scar tissue from the first PE. Maybe a medically trained poster can read and inform us farther. Having dealt with PE's myself I never thought about scar tissue from them. Interesting.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
It seems the Vols get more than our fair share of high quality young men and women. Trey is the real deal. BTW I guess I had missed the diagnosis (if I read the article correctly) that the supposed returned blood clot was more likely scar tissue from the first PE. Maybe a medically trained poster can read and inform us farther. Having dealt with PE's myself I never thought about scar tissue from them. Interesting.
I had multiple PE's once and I didn;t know about scar tissue either.

Reactions: tennrich1
What a wonderful young man he is. I have no doubt his mama is smiling on him from heaven with a lot of pride. She did a good job.

VN Store

Back