ESPN Way to Early top 25 We are in at #8...

Her and Jackson. Maybe one more?
I think those are the only 2 are it. I think Key gets DPOY next year for sure.

Hopefully she’ll be more more comfortable to play defensively like she did at the beginning of the season knowing she has a backup. It seemed like once Green went down she started playing tentative defensively, possibly worrying about foul trouble.

With what the LVs have coming back and the folks coming in, the LVs are rated too low. They are top 5 and should make it to the Final Four this upcoming season. GBO.
Top two in turnovers. Sometimes it’s like watching a train wreck into a bus of goobers.

So, looking at the turnovers per game for most of the teams on this years schedule, and assuming Tennessee's schedule is representative of a good cross-section of D1 teams, the 17 TO's/game does not look that bad to me for a pressing team of athletes. I would prefer we attack relentlessly rather than pass the ball around the perimeter anyway.

So, without further ado, here are the T.O./game numbers.....

Lady Vols 17.0
Mizzou. 14.8
UCF. 15.7
USF 14.6
Bama. 15.1
Arkansas. 11.1
T A&M 15.1
Ole Miss. 14.1
Vandy. 16.9
KY 14.0
Ga 15.9
Auburn. 15.0
FL 16.8
UConn 14.0
Chickens. 14.4
Buffalo 14.1
Belmont. 12.7
Ms State 11.7
LSU 13.5
Louisville. 13.9

I'm okay (not that it matters) with a reasonable T.O. delta as long as it is not a function of doing something ill advised (poor judgement). Keep those kind of turnovers under control and the fans will be happier. Turnovers are going to happen. It's part of the game. Those averages above show that. IMO, the key to winning is to score a lot more points than the other team :cool: making a couple or three more turnovers (mistakes) a nit in the long run....not even a decent road bump. Turnovers and missed shots = missed scoring opportunities.....thats all.

I think those are the only 2 are it. I think Key gets DPOY next year for sure.

Hopefully she’ll be more more comfortable to play defensively like she did at the beginning of the season knowing she has a backup. It seemed like once Green went down she started playing tentative defensively, possibly worrying about foul trouble.
Or possibly the coaches dialed her back to keep her on the court. Kellies message on defense is, "We are a totally different team" when Tamari is not on the court. That was said over and over again this past season.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Unless UConn comes up with an inside physical presence I don't see them closing the gap with SC. Reading their " Post Mortem" thread of the championship game is quite revealing.

Saxton's return for her covid year is huge.

Reactions: travis929
So, looking at the turnovers per game for most of the teams on this years schedule, and assuming Tennessee's schedule is representative of a good cross-section of D1 teams, the 17 TO's/game does not look that bad to me for a pressing team of athletes. I would prefer we attack relentlessly rather than pass the ball around the perimeter anyway.

So, without further ado, here are the T.O./game numbers.....

Lady Vols 17.0
Mizzou. 14.8
UCF. 15.7
USF 14.6
Bama. 15.1
Arkansas. 11.1
T A&M 15.1
Ole Miss. 14.1
Vandy. 16.9
KY 14.0
Ga 15.9
Auburn. 15.0
FL 16.8
UConn 14.0
Chickens. 14.4
Buffalo 14.1
Belmont. 12.7
Ms State 11.7
LSU 13.5
Louisville. 13.9

I'm okay (not that it matters) with a reasonable T.O. delta as long as it is not a function of doing something ill advised (poor judgement). Keep those kind of turnovers under control and the fans will be happier. Turnovers are going to happen. It's part of the game. Those averages above show that. IMO, the key to winning is to score a lot more points than the other team :cool: making a couple or three more turnovers (mistakes) a nit in the long run....not even a decent road bump. Turnovers and missed shots = missed scoring opportunities.....thats all.

You publish a list showing that we are one of the worst turnover teams in the country--and then suggest that turnovers are no big deal? Seriously? Turnovers a bad--period. Yes, TOs always happen--but not upwards of 20 a game. That is potentially 34 lost points per game--or even cut that number in half if one assumes that every team has at least 10 a game. Too many turnovers and too few assists have been a major problem for this program for 15 years--it's why the program nearly fell apart--and it has yet to be corrected. I'd like to see somebody compile an Assist/TO ratio for a bunch of schools. It wouldn't look good for us--and hasn't for a very long time.

VN Store

Back