ESPN Recruiting guy answers...

lol, maybe it isn't degraded by you, but it is by others. it's okay... i know there are ignorant fans in every fanbase... but there are also good ones too.

Did I say anything about talent? No, I was saying that maybe ND wouldn't have a TV contract if they actually played in a conference where they don't play teams like Army, AF, Navy, Mich St, UNC, and Stanford. Play some real teams week in and week out and see if you still have a TV contract with NBC.

welcome to the lion's den, domer. :)

i agree that if ND played in a conference, they wouldnt have the contract with NBC. I guess ill just have to be bitter till then.

i agree that Notre Dame wouldn't have a contract if it played in a conference. I don't want ND to join a conference, b/c i like watching them play on national t.v. every week.

and govols, you were indirectly referencing talent when you said, "If ND played in a conference other than the PAC-10 or Big East they would only win "maybe" 8 games a season. Most likely would be a mediocre team like they are now." You are talking about talent when you say that a team is mediocre.

Much to your chagrin, govols, Notre Dame had a top-25 ranked schedule AGAIN for the umpteenth year in a row.. and believe it or not: ND's schedule ranked better (20) than Arkansas (41), Auburn (31), Georgia (37), Kentucky (21), Alabama (39), Vanderbilt (32), LSU (29), and Ole Miss (28).

In fact, the only SEC teams w/ a higher schedule rank are: UT, UF, SCar, and Miss. St.

South Bend is a little too far north to play in the SEC, btw. And, ND doesn't schedule all 3 service academies every year -- this year was an anomoly. Normally they only schedule Navy... after next year's home-home series with USAFA ends, ND won't play them again for YEARS (through the year 2012, i don't see USAFA scheduled). If you want to talk about patsy schedule ranks, talk about the Big-10 and Big-East schedules.

Thanks for the welcome, tex =D

i agree that Notre Dame wouldn't have a contract if it played in a conference. I don't want ND to join a conference, b/c i like watching them play on national t.v. every week.

and govols, you were indirectly referencing talent when you said, "If ND played in a conference other than the PAC-10 or Big East they would only win "maybe" 8 games a season. Most likely would be a mediocre team like they are now." You are talking about talent when you say that a team is mediocre.

Much to your chagrin, govols, Notre Dame had a top-25 ranked schedule AGAIN for the umpteenth year in a row.. and believe it or not: ND's schedule ranked better (20) than Arkansas (41), Auburn (31), Georgia (37), Kentucky (21), Alabama (39), Vanderbilt (32), LSU (29), and Ole Miss (28).

In fact, the only SEC teams w/ a higher schedule rank are: UT, UF, SCar, and Miss. St.

South Bend is a little too far north to play in the SEC, btw. And, ND doesn't schedule all 3 service academies every year -- this year was an anomoly. Normally they only schedule Navy... after next year's home-home series with USAFA ends, ND won't play them again for YEARS (through the year 2012, i don't see USAFA scheduled). If you want to talk about patsy schedule ranks, talk about the Big-10 and Big-East schedules.

Thanks for the welcome, tex =D

Schedule strength shouldn't mean DICK if you don't beat ONE good team that is on it. Kinda like this year. SOS is a weak argument. Who cares if your schedule is tough and you don't beat anybody......

just remind me, what was the score the last two times tennessee played notre dame and florida? Like I said a lot of volunteer fans have misplaced hatred towards "Catholic U" you should respect a fellow great football program that only competes with tennessee occasionally on the field and in the recruiting wars whereas Tennessee competes with Florida and LSU etc annually and loses a lot.

I sense that a lot of fans use notre dame as a distraction to get over the fact that UT hasnt taken care of its in conference foes at all. ND will be okay they have a good coach and recruit well and should beat more Top 10 teams. Tennessee and its fans need to concentrate on winning the SEC again forget about ND. Just call it as it is, a lot of anti catholicism and just plain unjustified jealousy of an equally storied program!

just remind me, what was the score the last two times tennessee played notre dame and florida? Like I said a lot of volunteer fans have misplaced hatred towards "Catholic U" you should respect a fellow great football program that only competes with tennessee occasionally on the field and in the recruiting wars whereas Tennessee competes with Florida and LSU etc annually and loses a lot.

I sense that a lot of fans use notre dame as a distraction to get over the fact that UT hasnt taken care of its in conference foes at all. ND will be okay they have a good coach and recruit well and should beat more Top 10 teams. Tennessee and its fans need to concentrate on winning the SEC again forget about ND. Just call it as it is, a lot of anti catholicism and just plain unjustified jealousy of an equally storied program!

Man, your right....I've tried so hard to CONCENTRATE the Vols to an SEC title and it hasn't worked, I guess I'm not concentrating hard enough.......

and for the rest of your post.....:shaking2:

your welcome, that reminds me hows your mother? god loves you and so does notre dame :good!:

HAHA, nice one buddy, you obviosuly don't know my mother, so your little kid jokes are lame........

Also, I never placed in hatred towards Notre Dame, I just get very sick of how all the "domers" talk about how great they are so i just state some facts......

Get over yourself......:eek:k:

so if you're not a ND fan you're anti-catholic?? Are you serious. I grew up Catholic and I have always hated ND. Get a grip.

so if you're not a ND fan you're anti-catholic?? Are you serious. I grew up Catholic and I have always hated ND. Get a grip.

Rex you need to study the posts closer, I think you are smart, at least I hope so, I am catholic, a real irish catholic, I was making an observation that a part of the hatred towards ND in the tennessee fandom is down to religious bigotry thats all. I know this to be true infact, during conversations with different vol fans who knew neither my background or my faith!

ND is probably the number one hold up to having some sort of REAL national title in D-I football. They won't join the Big 11 where the belong. If they would then the pressure would be on the Pac10 to add two teams and a CG. From there its a short hope to a plus one championship.

I despise ND. They along with UF and SC comprise my 3 permanent members of the most hated teams club.

I'd hate to see Donald or Smith at ND but they need to do what they think is best. Either way, UT's cupboard won't be bare by any stretch. This is a good class on the brink of great... and I pretty much expect a few commits that will push them over the top by signing day.

Their basketball and baseball teams are in the Big East. I'd say if they ever did join a conference it would be the Big East. Even saying that I think they will never join a conference because they make so much money not having to share it.

oh yeah. you mean all that time that people are complaining about having to watch ND play on nation syndicate while their regional team is getting the shaft? some game no ones care about with bad reception?

did i mention that ND is the worst college team ever.

41-21 tough guy

Yeah, I'd brag about beating a team that went 5-6 and lost to Vandy. Not to mention it was pretty close late in the game.

Yeah, I'd brag about beating a team that went 5-6 and lost to Vandy. Not to mention it was pretty close late in the game.

It was actually tied at one point. Fine - you don't like 2005? How bad did ND suck in '04 in Knoxville?

I'm just bustin' your chops...take a deep breath then continue to grouse about Donald and Smith...

Smith-yes(Domer)
Donald-no(Vol)

2004 was because of a horrible display by our OL and a stupid call to end the first half.

Yeah, but according to ND experts, Donald was being told that he was the only LB they were recruiting. That was a lie obviously.

Yeah, but according to ND experts, Donald was being told that he was the only LB they were recruiting. That was a lie obviously.

The only LB ND is recruiting or UT is recruiting? The sentence is vague. As of today, ND does not have a single commit from a kid that played LB in highschool.

I was talking about ND, we already have a couple potential LBs. Tez is being looked at for LB by some teams. Harrison Smith is being looked at as a rover by ND. I think I saw somewhere that Trattou and Paskorz could play LB though it is likely DE and S.

Schedule strength shouldn't mean DICK if you don't beat ONE good team that is on it. Kinda like this year. SOS is a weak argument. Who cares if your schedule is tough and you don't beat anybody......

.... did I argue that ND is a good team? No. Someone said that ND had a weak SOS. I just listed ND's SOS compared to other SEC teams to prove that ND doesn't play as patsy of a schedule as some would like to think. i didn't state any case that said "ND is better than so and so..." I simply said that ND's SOS is better than a majority of the SEC's. It's a factual statement.

VN Store

Back