ESPN really does hate us

I don’t know if ESPN has some aversion to Tennessee, nor do I really care one bit.

But ESPN is doing a disservice dedicating more time to women’s basketball. It’s not what most people are watching SportsCenter for. Nor is it any of their politically driven storylines. They have run a lot of viewers away from what used to be a can’t miss product.

They also just reranked the elite 8 and put us 7th, only ahead of Alabama.

This is a Myron Medcalf article. This guy has held a grudge against UT since Cuonzo’s departure. Please don’t click on this link to drive revenue for this a hole.—not directed at you in any way HighWater.

Reactions: HighWaterVol
For me sports center started at 7:00

A list of things covered before Tennessee's game on ESPN this morning

-Duke
-2 NBA games
-Caitlin Clark
-Purdue
-MLB
-And my personal favorite WNBA FREE AGENCY

The Tennessee game was finally given 30 seconds at 7:35

Edit: I get the rights thing but they have spent more time talking about Alabama vs. Clemson. They can talk about us but choose not to

Tennessee versus the world baby. Let's make them talk about us and win the whole effing thing
I thought the same. You forgot to mention, not only did we get Duke and NCState, we got 2 segments of both before they mentioned UT.

I don’t know if ESPN has some aversion to Tennessee, nor do I really care one bit.

But ESPN is doing a disservice dedicating more time to women’s basketball. It’s not what most people are watching SportsCenter for. Nor is it any of their politically driven storylines. They have run a lot of viewers away from what used to be a can’t miss product.

They aren’t doing a disservice. I don’t watch women’s basketball but it makes complete sense that ESPN is promoting the tournament they actually have TV rights to stream. ESPN is in the money making business. They aren’t in the business of promoting CBS or TBS games.

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT

-Duke
-2 NBA games
-Caitlin Clark
-Purdue
-MLB

Edit: I get the rights thing but they have spent more time talking about Alabama vs. Clemson. They can talk about us but choose not to

Tennessee versus the world baby. Let's make them talk about us and win the whole effing thing
You know how they are so why do you keep giving them all that rent free space in your head?

Reactions: sami

-Duke
-2 NBA games
-Caitlin Clark
-Purdue
-MLB

I wouldn't waste my time watching f***king ESPN (other then actual games) if my life depended on it, and haven't for more than 20 years. Watching that garbage network is straight masochism.

-Duke
-2 NBA games
-Caitlin Clark
-Purdue
-MLB

I won't say ESPN hates us, but I was surprised they didn't mention our game with Creighton during the pre-show highlights. Then to go on and talk women's basketball and other topics before covering one of the top men's games of the night was weird.

Not one mention of our game on ESPN’s website right now. But they have a preview of the NC State/Duke game that tips off after ours, though. Oh, and an article about how Edey isn’t focused on his certain upcoming Wooden award.

Imagine caring about this after we make our second Elite 8 in school history. Why keep playing the victim when we are the victor? Ain’t nothing bringing me down.
Imagine National Championship winning coach Dan Hurley mentioning that the national media doesn't cover UConn. Oh wait just listen to his barstool interview today

Imagine not knowing that coaches use that for motivation

Imagine Kirby smart saying they were underdogs when they beat TCU

Imagine seeing a set of facts as playing "the victim"

-Duke
-2 NBA games
-Caitlin Clark
-Purdue
-MLB

The espn brand is a joke. Don't worry about them

Imagine National Championship winning coach Dan Hurley mentioning that the national media doesn't cover UConn. Oh wait just listen to his barstool interview today

Imagine not knowing that coaches use that for motivation

Imagine Kirby smart saying they were underdogs when they beat TCU

Imagine seeing a set of facts as playing "the victim"
I feel the way way about all of those.

VN Store

Back