ESPN Rank's UT's Class #15

allvol9

For what it's worth I just saw ESPN's rankings updated at 1:00am and we are listed #15. Thought that was good considering we have new coaches...I am excited about this class. Hopefully tomorrow we will have another signing to add to our list. Just think what our new coaches can haul in next year!

For what it's worth I just saw ESPN's rankings updated at 1:00am and we are listed #15. Thought that was good considering we have new coaches...I am excited about this class. Hopefully tomorrow we will have another signing to add to our list. Just think what our new coaches can haul in next year!

Better than what i thought we would be.

Raise the expectations next year to alteast a top 10 class.

Better than what i thought we would be.

Raise the expectations next year to alteast a top 10 class.

I think the Quarterback situ kept us down for recievers,
I look at FSU, Florida, and neither took a lot of recruits this year, you have to appreciate the quality of this class and how the coaches are trying to shape this team in the future.

I'm glad they have us at 15, but ESPN is usually off their rocker when it comes to recruiting rankings.

I would give Kiffin a C- on this years recruiting effort! Did not get ANY top notch 5 star playmakers!....NONE!

WAY too early to tell. Maybe Kiffn actually just went after guys who will actually qualify, thus actually seeing a college football field. Rankings are fine and dandy, but some schools deal w/ the devil and don't really worry about behavior/grades, etc.

If Kiffin gets 19 of 19 to play and LSU gets 19 of 25 to play....what's the difference?

I would give Kiffin a C- on this years recruiting effort! Did not get ANY top notch 5 star playmakers!....NONE!

And I would give you a C- for logical deducement and rational thinking.

WAY too early to tell. Maybe Kiffn actually just went after guys who will actually qualify, thus actually seeing a college football field. Rankings are fine and dandy, but some schools deal w/ the devil and don't really worry about behavior/grades, etc.

If Kiffin gets 19 of 19 to play and LSU gets 19 of 25 to play....what's the difference?

Image. You have to realize that people are pulling an analog scale that recruiting means instant success on the field.

Obviously, now, we're doomed to utter failure. We'll get beat by UCLA!!!

:cray:

And, FWIW Auburn in #25.

A once top-15 class has imploded after Tommy Tuberville's resignation in December.

Of course, I still believe scout and rivals have them above us.........................dear god, why do we even care. These rankings don't mean crap anyway. Good job CLK for landing a great class of quality players (albeit underrated by many fans)! GO VOLS!

Last edited:
I think the Quarterback situ kept us down for recievers,
I look at FSU, Florida, and neither took a lot of recruits this year, you have to appreciate the quality of this class and how the coaches are trying to shape this team in the future.

According to rivals 9th, 17th and 54th ranked WR not to shabby with or without a QB. Plus Teague as bonus. Most would take that.:hi:

ESPN ranks by quality of signees not quantity. A team could sign 30 3 star recruits and have a better team on rivals and scout, than a team that signed 10 5 star recruits.

I give you an F on recruiting class judgment and general football knowledge.

expecting any better than that in less than 2 months time is ludicrous. most of the "5 star playmakers" have known where they were going to play since before kiffin was hired.

I give you an F on recruiting class judgment and general football knowledge.

expecting any better than that in less than 2 months time is ludicrous. most of the "5 star playmakers" have known where they were going to play since before kiffin was hired.

Not to mention that 4 star and 3 star players make it to the league all the time.

Image. You have to realize that people are pulling an analog scale that recruiting means instant success on the field.

Obviously, now, we're doomed to utter failure. We'll get beat by UCLA!!!

:cray:

Get beat by UCLA? NO way that WOULD ever happen.:thumbsup:

Not to mention that 4 star and 3 star players make it to the league all the time.

Also consider what Utah has done (& did to bammer), they could care less about the over rated star ranking guesstimations. I for one think we done very well considering LK and co. only had a short 60 days to recruit, we are on our way back, i do believe !! We are Tennessee and will dominate again - soon...

How many did Fulmer and his crew have verbal commitments from after having the last few years to be working on recruiting this class? Oh, that's right. NONE! Kiffin and company had a month and a half -the LAST month and a half of recruiting to be exact, when most of those 5 star guys had either already verbally committed to another school or had already narrowed down their selections to a handful of schools.

They did phenomenally well coming considering Fulmer's 5-7 implosion last year and the fact that UT has NO FREAKING quarterback on the team do to Fulmer's and company doing a crappy job of stocking the shelf with QB's for the past four seasons.

Last edited:
I'll take Heart anytime over Stars! Lets hope that thats what these kids all have!:good!:

I'm fine with this class particularly the speed improvement. I'm dissappointed that we were not able to close on more big uglies. We've got to load up on those over the next couple of years.

"I would give Kiffin a C- on this years recruiting effort! Did not get ANY top notch 5 star playmakers!....NONE!"

Hahahahahahahahahaha

If you went by average #stars, our 3.43 had us at #12 in nation ... before we signed 5-star Jackson. And we still might not be done.

But what are star ratings, anyway? How many stars would Dale Jones have been rated? Mark Jones? Dennis Rogan was what, a 3?

VN Store

Back