ESPN Profit Plummets As Network Turns Left

Paraphrasing but Fowler said that UT fans were whipped up into a "trailer park frenzy" after Woodson won the Heisman.

Since then it has become: Trailer trash, white trash, white trailer trash, etc.

That’s not when he said it...... he said it during game day between UT and Florida..... I was there and we were chanting corso sucks and espn couldn’t get the crowd to calm down.

That’s not when he said it...... he said it during game day between UT and Florida..... I was there and we were chanting corso sucks and espn couldn’t get the crowd to calm down.

No, it was definitely following the Heisman. He got crap from UT fans and made the comment on a radio show.

No, it was definitely following the Heisman. He got crap from UT fans and made the comment on a radio show.
You are correct.... he said something similar at game day that year or the year bc we wouldn’t allow them to do the show bc we were so loud and they couldn’t get us to be quiet.

There was also the difference in coverage.of UT when Fulmer quit and what happened up at PSU after Paterno got fired/retired. They blew our stuff up finding the one pissed off redneck in an otherwise calm crowd. For PSU they did the literally opposite. In the protest that had kids stomping on cars in the back ground they found the one kid giving a calm argument to his displeasure.

There was also the difference in coverage.of UT when Fulmer quit and what happened up at PSU after Paterno got fired/retired. They blew our stuff up finding the one pissed off redneck in an otherwise calm crowd. For PSU they did the literally opposite. In the protest that had kids stomping on cars in the back ground they found the one kid giving a calm argument to his displeasure.

I'm going to disagree with you there. They ran multiple pieces about the extreme reaction to Paterno's firing and the willful ignorance of his willful blindness.

This is one of those moments where you’re too close to the situation to speak objectively about it.

A chicken wire cage was put around the Gameday crew after Tennessee beat FSU in the January 1999 Fiesta Bowl:D There was a ton of garbage thrown at that cage by Tennessee fans which was easily seen on TV:D

And, iirc, some UT "fan" sent Fowler a FedEx box of ****. Nothing screams we aren't in a trailer park frenzy like FedEx-ing excrement to someone and throwing garbage at a cage.

And guess who Fowler voted for Heisman - yep, Peyton Manning.

A chicken wire cage was put around the Gameday crew after Tennessee beat FSU in the January 1999 Fiesta Bowl:D There was a ton of garbage thrown at that cage by Tennessee fans which was easily seen on TV:D

I think they wouldn’t go to Athens for Gameday for a long time a lot of the same reasons .

If you think the coverage of the Penn St situation was anything but eviscerating, I'm not sure what you were watching.

All of the protests at PSU, whether they were kids stomping on cars or others calming explaining why they didn't think he should be fired, were in support of Paterno, not caused by outrage at what had happened. That simple fact was brought up over and over again by the media, and was just a real awful look for Penn St.

Not in response to anyone or a post, but, just wanted to say how humorous it has become that I still receive 1-3 offers in my mailbox each month from Spectrum to try their tv package for around 25$/month pick 10 channels. I can't find 10 channels I would watch. If they were smart they'd offer me the SEC Network for ten and be done with it.

I tried watching them again last week. It didn't take long watching sports center for me to change the channel. 2 chicks talking sports they never played, have no insight on and no real business getting paid to discuss coupled with highlights I dont care about and overt SJW themes had me turning back to the radio in under an hour. I checked guide all day to find anything on ESPN I could watch and found nothing.
ESPN is to sports now what MTV is to music.

They were right Corso sucked then and Corso sucks now

View attachment 208441

I can’t fault Corso now or for the last 10 years. I used to really dislike him back in the early 2000’s, but now he’s harmless. He’s an old guy, who is enjoy life and has now become an icon of football Saturday’s with the headgear selection and one liners. He seems to love the game of football and just genuinely loves what he does. I don’t watch Corso for analysis, but he’s fun and his guys on set like Herbstreit and Des seem to love him too. I know that won’t be a popular opinion, but that’s my opinion.

I can’t fault Corso now or for the last 10 years. I used to really dislike him back in the early 2000’s, but now he’s harmless. He’s an old guy, who is enjoy life and has now become an icon of football Saturday’s with the headgear selection and one liners. He seems to love the game of football and just genuinely loves what he does. I don’t watch Corso for analysis, but he’s fun and his guys on set like Herbstreit and Des seem to love him too. I know that won’t be a popular opinion, but that’s my opinion.
The guy belongs in an assisted living facility. Hey I’m not that far away, but he still seems to enjoy his appearance, kind of embarrassing, but if he gets enjoyment out of it I’m ok.

VN Store

Back