ESPN: Predicting where the top prospects will sign

Reese still have a lot of growing to do in her game to win a championship and make the WNBA. She looked terrific at Nike nationals but I don’t see her being a perimeter player in college. She is also a good rebounder but doesn’t shoot the ball very well. I think both parties may have backed off all things considered. If she goes to Maryland she will have a solid career and maybe a first round draft pick but even the terms has been underwhelming with a team full of talent. If she goes to Southern Cal or Cuse she will be an afterthought. Neither of those teams look to be threats at all for a national championship in the future...

Reactions: LVsinceJV

Not one of these is making the Lady Vols a choice including the 6'6" top post player in the U.S., (Kamilla Cardosa) who plays for Hamilton Heights in Chattanooga. The article does not even consider her for any visits to the Lady Vols period. That is not good and even worse. Keep in mind that Sharonna Reaves who brought in the top classes nationally in 2017-2018 was not even considered to be retained...she is one of the best recruiters nationally and far better that the one brought in by Kellie Jolly Harper.

Last edited:
Not one of these is making the Lady Vols a choice including the 6'6" top post player in the U.S., (Kamilla Cardosa) who plays for Hamilton Heights in Chattanooga.

For the record, Cardosa may have played basketball at a Chattanooga school, but she is NOT a Tennessean. Hamilton Heights Christian Academy is a very small, private, basketball factory school. Here is their mission statement:

OUR MISSION IS SIMPLE...

To love others through basketball.

OUR VALUES ARE ESSENTIAL...

Hard work over accomplishments
Development over satisfaction
Investment over influence
Sacrifice over comfort.

Hamilton Heights strives to consistently be one of the top high school basketball programs in the country. We are compelled to be a place that players and families, from all over the world, desire to come to develop themselves as people and basketball players.

From what I've heard, the school admits terrific basketball players who may have struggled elsewhere for varying reasons. I have heard that Cardoso has zero real connection to Tennessee, so anyone who is under the impression that she was ever "Tennessee's to lose" simply because she went to high school at HH, is mistaken.

Concerning Mississippi State and Treasure Hunt. If Treasure verbaled to MS(that would be 16), would Vic simply ask a current player to leave or not honor a current commit to make room? Also, would this have to happen before the November sign date?

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
A better recruiter than her husband?

There are three Tennesseans ranked in the top 30, six in the top 100. None are coming to Tennessee...
Yep, somewhat concerning. Can’t win without good recruiting. Maybe next year will be a big improvement. Of course Holly sighted some highly ranked classes and we know how that worked out. Still not the results we hoped for this year.

Reactions: Darth_Vol
Per their 247 Writer, they dropped Hunt, which makes sense when they’re tight for scholarships and just added Hayes. They will still take Cardoso and/or Andrews. How? No clue. I’ve been hearing that their Ole Miss transfer is having some serious health issues. Cardoso is a player worth making room for.

Lucky for us, we have two developing 4/5s in Tamari and Emily who I think have a chance to be special.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Not one of these is making the Lady Vols a choice including the 6'6" top post player in the U.S., (Kamilla Cardosa) who plays for Hamilton Heights in Chattanooga. The article does not even consider her for any visits to the Lady Vols period. That is not good and even worse. Keep in mind that Sharonna Reaves who brought in the top classes nationally in 2017-2018 was not even considered to be retained...she is one of the best recruiters nationally and far better that the one brought in by Kellie Jolly Harper.

Don`t get me wrong i think Holly had to go and it was the correct move by Phillip Fulmer . But let`s take a step back Fulmer waited to long to fire Holly. And by waiting to long most of the players other then Westbrook might have been thinking someone on the old staff would be the new coach. ? Just my opinion. I like Jolly and i do think she can turn this program around, And to add Fulmer made a circus out of the coaching vacancy. It was jeff walz if he wanted it oh no it`s Wes Moore job and the list go`s on.

Reese still have a lot of growing to do in her game to win a championship and make the WNBA. She looked terrific at Nike nationals but I don’t see her being a perimeter player in college. She is also a good rebounder but doesn’t shoot the ball very well. I think both parties may have backed off all things considered. If she goes to Maryland she will have a solid career and maybe a first round draft pick but even the terms has been underwhelming with a team full of talent. If she goes to Southern Cal or Cuse she will be an afterthought. Neither of those teams look to be threats at all for a national championship in the future...

The crazy thing is I think MD is the only Big 10 team who would finish in the top 3 of any of the Power 5 conferences. Consistently ruled the Big 10 athletic enough to hang with SEC opponents, ball movement is pretty good also. To be with Baylor and Texas they’d have to be a tad more physical but I think their freshman last year could hang with any of the young bigs of Baylor. I think when we say underwhelmed it’s because of their league but they have won their league a lot in recent years. The one thing I would like to see is a more challenging schedule for the terps! I think that’s the difference in being a 1 or 2 seed and the 3 seeds we see them constantly get.

Reactions: SCspur
Don`t get me wrong i think Holly had to go and it was the correct move by Phillip Fulmer . But let`s take a step back Fulmer waited to long to fire Holly. And by waiting to long most of the players other then Westbrook might have been thinking someone on the old staff would be the new coach. ? Just my opinion. I like Jolly and i do think she can turn this program around, And to add Fulmer made a circus out of the coaching vacancy. It was jeff walz if he wanted it oh no it`s Wes Moore job and the list go`s on.
You are incorrect about the male coaches. A male coach was never going to be allowed to coach the lady Vols. Much of the rabid fan base would have an absolute cow.

I was already skeptical of the Harper hire, and watching the football coach Fulmer hand-picked (you know, the sport Fulmer actually knows about) this season has done little to assuage those fears. It's almost like he had no AD experience coming into this job...

Holly Warlick reeled in brow-raising recruiting classes several times, and annually before conference play began most of us on here were miserable (if not apoplectic). Recruiting just wasn’t the difference maker for this program anymore.

Let’s pin our hopes on coaching first and hope that that leads to recruiting fortunes in the future.

Holly Warlick reeled in brow-raising recruiting classes several times, and annually before conference play began most of us on here were miserable (if not apoplectic). Recruiting just wasn’t the difference maker for this program anymore.

Let’s pin our hopes on coaching first and hope that that leads to recruiting fortunes in the future.

I think (just an opinion) it's a catch 22 situation. To get good recruits you have to win games. To win games you need good recruits.
KH will work with the people she has and if
she wins games the recruits will want to come to Tenn. Same for the football program

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN
Lol

Reactions: SCspur

VN Store

Back