ESPN poll says "Tennessee has the most to lose in the conf. tourney"

Hotrodpinto

I think that this poll assures me that the nation as a whole thinks that Tennessee needs to win the SEC tournament to be a number 1 seed. Personally, I think if we win 2 games, we are in as a # 1 for sure. What do you guys think about it?Here is the web page and it's in the bottom right corner of the page.

ESPN - Men's College Basketball Teams, Scores, Stats, News, Standings - NCAA College Basketball

Sorry guys. It is an ESPN poll, not a Sports Illustrated poll.

They should have put Memphis in there. If they lose to SMU or Tulane or someone, their seed would be screwed.

Since that has happened the past 3 years...but ultimately, i don't think its fair, but the vols have to win out to get the #1.

This is such a stupid poll. Of course we have the most to lose compared to the other teams listed. They should have rephrased it as "Vote for the team that starts with the letter T".

It's definitely a stupid poll. Obviously, the only team in contention for a 1-seed has the most to lose.

I think if TN wins their first game in the SEC tourney they will get a #1 seed. Otherwise they'll be PERHAPS a #1 but likely a #2 with Kansas getting the nod.

I think if TN wins their first game in the SEC tourney they will get a #1 seed. Otherwise they'll be PERHAPS a #1 but likely a #2 with Kansas getting the nod.

I don't know why but everytime I read one of your posts, I always feel like I am reading what Ted Nugent has to say. Everyone else's avatar seems to be clever or interesting but when I see yours, I feel like you are actually Ted Nugent.

Yeah how about the time we were 21 - 6 and lost in the first round of the tourney making us 21 - 7...and we ended up the number 2 seed.
The selection committee is a lot smarter than the basketball analysts on ESPN, the pollers on ESPN, and the small-minded UK fans on Cat's Pause.
I think we are in a lock for a number one seed. We have too good of a resume.

I think we'll be screwed on the #1 seed if we don't win out.
OWH pointed out in another thread that the NCAA seeding is finished before the SECT final game, so if we get to the final game we should be fine.

I still want to win the SECT though.

UT has an amazing resume in the areas that the selection committee places the most importance on. That explains the #2 seed we got that was not expected. The perception of these analysts will most likely not matter in the end. UT absolutely does not have to win the SEC or even make the championship game to lock up #1.

Painfully obvious observation by ESPN. Wow, how long did it take for them to think that one up.
I'm not sure how we have more to lose than Memphis. If they lose, and it's unlikely, in their tourney, they are definitely headed to 2ville.

We have the most to lose because they are salivating over the chance to hype up a Kansas, Georgetown or undeserving Duke team. We are #1 in the RPI, yet we get so little respect.

VN Store

Back