ESPN loves us???

Of course they don't love us. They don't love anyone. What they do love is their business, and their business loves having segments that are gratifying for the fans of programs covered by the SEC Network. Biggest this, loudest that, best food, best scenery, greatest this, oldest that - you spread the love around and make sure every school gets some praise, and dish out that praise over time so it's not too noticeable, and the machine keeps on churning.

Last edited:
200.gif

That's the first time I've heard anything about "Spooky Rocky Top." I googled it and..... I'm really not sure what to think. Here's a link if ya wanna check it out. Strange for sure.

spooky rocky top video - Google Search
I love the Spooky Version. Watch the opening of the Kentucky game last year. It may help you decide whether you like it or not.

ESPN is the mass media equivalent Of John Adams of the Knoxville News Sentinel ...some ppl just hate us!

That's the first time I've heard anything about "Spooky Rocky Top." I googled it and..... I'm really not sure what to think. Here's a link if ya wanna check it out. Strange for sure.

spooky rocky top video - Google Search
What?!? Did you boycott the Volnation last season 🤣
Even better I was at the game the night they played it... Place was wild

What?!? Did you boycott the Volnation last season 🤣
Even better I was at the game the night they played it... Place was wild
I was only able to go to the Akron and Alabama game. I'll take Dixieland Delight over and over and over again any day :) I'm sure it was great at the game, as EVERYONE has already told me.

Reactions: TennesseeZep
ESPN loves ratings. For example, the most-watched college football game last season up to that point was the Tennessee-Alabama , drawing a 6.1 rating and an average audience of 11.557 million viewers, according to CBS Sports. For perspective only about 9 million tuned in to watch UGA whip TCU in the National Championship Game. We keep pulling in numbers like that and ESPN will be polishing our trophies for us.

Just noting for the record that the 'tradition laden program' that is uga was not even mentioned. Why, you ask?

Because no one knows what their fight song is, what their version of the 7 Maxims is, pre-game traditions are, etc.

At the end of the day, they are a team who plays in a nondescript stadium with some bushes planted in it, populated with a mix of pompous self-important alums and people painted ceiling white dressed in S&M gear. Their AD works in a building named after soiled underwear.

I'll take Tennessee every day of the week, NC or no.

VN Store

Back