ESPN FPI is 13.7%

FPI predicts 3-9? Yikes, if that happens, Pruitt et al are going to face intense pressure to improve in 2020.
I'd hope that our 1-2 standing, as of now, would be enough to bring "intense pressure to improve", and why wait until 2020? Saturday would be just fine. Many fans don't remember 1994, we played FL, and lost 31-0! We do not need another 1994, just as we didn't need the GS a** whooooping! We've become accustomed to accepting "Maybe next year", for some of us, we'd like to see "This Year".

We've become accustomed to accepting "Maybe next year", for some of us, we'd like to see "This Year".

Pretty sure everyone here would love to see it happen ...10 years ago. What are you doing about it?

So, I've certainly adjusted my pre season delusions of grandeur of 7-8 wins. But, if these young players keep developing, in theory, by Ms St, you'd think some of them are really starting to impact our team...guys like Morris, Wright, Solomon, Henry T, Crouch, Peterson, Gray, Burrell, McCollough, etc.

To me, our offense needs an identity and stop trying to be "equal opportunity" offense and get volume opportunities to high skill guys. Callaway, JJ, DWA need to get 85% of our targets in passing game, and Gray/Chandler need min total of 30 touches per game, using Jordan in short yardage.

Reactions: 08Vol
Pretty sure everyone here would love to see it happen ...10 years ago. What are you doing about it?
Based on far too many posts, regarding our new five year rebuild (or longer) a large portion of Vol Fans, have resigned themselves to mediocrity for the program. I am calling for a Coaching Hire, one that will bring UT back to being UT, not over 4-6 years, but quickly. Something akin to what ARA Parseghian did at ND-FIRST YEAR, yes it can and has been done. BTW, what are you doing?

So, I've certainly adjusted my pre season delusions of grandeur of 7-8 wins. But, if these young players keep developing, in theory, by Ms St, you'd think some of them are really starting to impact our team...guys like Morris, Wright, Solomon, Henry T, Crouch, Peterson, Gray, Burrell, McCollough, etc.

To me, our offense needs an identity and stop trying to be "equal opportunity" offense and get volume opportunities to high skill guys. Callaway, JJ, DWA need to get 85% of our targets in passing game, and Gray/Chandler need min total of 30 touches per game, using Jordan in short yardage.
Agree, but none of the passing game strategy is going to matter, if our QB can't pull the trigger in less than 3 seconds, Oline's fault, some, JG's problem making a decision and executing, yes.

Like I said, FL is not and has not been a top 10 team.
ESPN and media say all kinds of stuff.
ESPN are not coaching playing recruiting and analyzers aren't either.
FL is top 25. TN should be top 25 but we crapped the bed first two games.
JG is not looking good. I'd go with Mauer over Shrout if JG can't do anything and we need points to win.
Beat FL and I will not make fun of and laugh at you Vols. Cause I'm beyond the point of getting angry or sad.

Based on far too many posts, regarding our new five year rebuild (or longer) a large portion of Vol Fans, have resigned themselves to mediocrity for the program. I am calling for a Coaching Hire, one that will bring UT back to being UT, not over 4-6 years, but quickly. Something akin to what ARA Parseghian did at ND-FIRST YEAR, yes it can and has been done. BTW, what are you doing?

Cool, nobody has ever called for a new coach that could bring Tennessee back quickly. I honestly hope you Get'R did.

What am I doing? Lol, What should I be doing? Whining on a message board?

Reactions: mickeyvol
Cool, nobody has ever called for a new coach that could bring Tennessee back quickly. I honestly hope you Get'R did.

What am I doing? Lol, What should I be doing? Whining on a message board?
I guess I wasn't clear in my question, as you were unable to give a straight forward answer. Allow me to rephrase, I'll type slowly, What Are You Doing?

You mean like what we have tried four times in the post-Fulmer era now? Good luck with that, we need to stick with Pruitt for now.

Reactions: mickeyvol
You mean like what we have tried four times in the post-Fulmer era now? Good luck with that, we need to stick with Pruitt for now.
Same old Butch Jones bandwagon, just a different name. When you say "For Now", how long is now? 4-6 more years?

Decimal point in the wrong place imo. Should be 1.37%.

Nah. It should be 20%. Not impressed with the gators at all, and last year we turned the ball over 6 ****ing times. Avoid those turnovers this year, it will be a much tighter game.

Same old Butch Jones bandwagon, just a different name. When you say "For Now", how long is now? 4-6 more years?

At least to the end of next season. And no, this is not the Butch Jones bandwagon, which I was never on. My bandwagon is the Vols, and that means being patient, not having the I need it now uninformed fan attitude that has helped create the situation we are in.

But since you brought Butch up, he did at least get us to and win three consecutive bowls, beat Uga and Florida in the same season, and during one stretch from 2016 to 2017 won 11 games in a row, including those wins over Florida and Georgia. So while no, Jones was not the long term solution, during that 11 game win stretch, which can stand with any in Tennessee history, I'd lay odds you were still bitching and moaning the whole time. And THAT, is a big part of the problem with the fanbase. Whiny-ass titty babies who can't be satisfied with ANYTHING, who, even when we beat Florida for the only time in 14 years, still found something in the game to complain about. So this is not about Jones and how he won the Florida game, or any coach, it's about fans like you who whine and bitch about EVERYTHING. Enough! Pruitt has to the end of 2020, deal with it.

I guess I wasn't clear in my question, as you were unable to give a straight forward answer. Allow me to rephrase, I'll type slowly, What Are You Doing?

About what? Getting another coach? Nothing. I'm not bishing on a message board and telling everybody I'm a true fan because I want a coach that can come in a turn Tennessee around, quickly.

Lol, where do you people come from?

If Pruitt only wins 3 games this year, that would be considered a massive disappointment.

If it doesn't improve next season I could see him being shown the door.

Sadly, the UT AD and administration will just hire another coach of equal caliber.

Besides telling everyone on VN that you're "calling" for a different coach, what are you actually doing?

About what? Getting another coach? Nothing. I'm not bishing on a message board and telling everybody I'm a true fan because I want a coach that can come in a turn Tennessee around, quickly.

Lol, where do you people come from?

Behr, do you ever complain about the weather? I do. I also complain about coaches and wish for better of both even though I rationally understand I have no control of either. If you manage to control those urges I think I’m going to call you Gunga Din, because you’re a better man than I.

At least to the end of next season. And no, this is not the Butch Jones bandwagon, which I was never on. My bandwagon is the Vols, and that means being patient, not having the I need it now uninformed fan attitude that has helped create the situation we are in.

But since you brought Butch up, he did at least get us to and win three consecutive bowls, beat Uga and Florida in the same season, and during one stretch from 2016 to 2017 won 11 games in a row, including those wins over Florida and Georgia. So while no, Jones was not the long term solution, during that 11 game win stretch, which can stand with any in Tennessee history, I'd lay odds you were still bitching and moaning the whole time. And THAT, is a big part of the problem with the fanbase. Whiny-ass titty babies who can't be satisfied with ANYTHING, who, even when we beat Florida for the only time in 14 years, still found something in the game to complain about. So this is not about Jones and how he won the Florida game, or any coach, it's about fans like you who whine and bitch about EVERYTHING. Enough! Pruitt has to the end of 2020, deal with it.

I've got to see how the rest of this season goes and see how we end up in recruiting. I understand some wanting to pull the trigger right now, it has been tough to watch, but acting like all we have to do is cry about it on a message board, fire Pruitt and hire the next Saban and everything will be aight is comical ...at the very least.

Reactions: BanditVol
Behr, do you ever complain about the weather? I do. I also complain about coaches and wish for better of both even though I rationally understand I have no control of either. If you manage to control those urges I think I’m going to call you Gunga Din, because you’re a better man than I.

Haha, yea I bish about it being hot pretty often. I don't do it here and when I do it I don't think its gonna change anything or brag about "doing something about it" and I don't fuss at others that don't join in the bishing and call them stupid names because they won't. Lol.

Reactions: Seattle Hillbilly
Haha, yea I bish about it being hot pretty often. I don't do it here and when I do it I don't think its gonna change anything or brag about "doing something about it" and I don't fuss at others that don't join in the bishing and call them stupid names because they won't. Lol.

I can be a little dense at times (just ask my wife) and it's taken me a while to understand your position on this earth threatening issue. I think I get it now. Even so Gunga, I'm likely to continue pizzing and moaning. It's one of the things I do best.

Reactions: Behr

VN Store

Back