ESPN Dubs Tennessee Commit ‘NILionare Nico’

Heh.

I'm even older than you imagine.

Because I didn't know "Nico Sauve" was a reference to anything. So I googled it. And it's some rapper from Germany.

Now, I don't know how long ago this German rapper named Nico Sauve was in the mainstream, but I can guarantee you I'm older than that. :)

Getting back to Iamaleava and the Vols, I just think Nico Sauve sounds sweet. Nothing to do with any older cultural references. :)

Go Vols!
I think he meant it as a play off of Rico Suave, which translates to rich and smooth.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
It's remarkably hypocritical for the single media entity most responsible for drowning college football in money to gripe about someone else involved with college football getting money. I mean, really. When the coroner conducts their autopsy of college football's corpse, they could easily write "Cause of Death: ESPN" and call it a day. So for them to be smartasses about this? Bah. Morons.

Heh.

I'm even older than you imagine.

Because I didn't know "Nico Sauve" was a reference to anything. So I googled it. And it's some rapper from Germany.

Now, I don't know how long ago this German rapper named Nico Sauve was in the mainstream, but I can guarantee you I'm older than that. :)

Getting back to Iamaleava and the Vols, I just think Nico Sauve sounds sweet. Nothing to do with any older cultural references. :)

Go Vols!

I’m almost 100% certain that Nico Suave would be a reference to the song “Rico Suave” by Gerardo

Those are all great nicknames. Especially like Minister of Defense and Iceman; they fit like gloves.

I also like The General, Pig and Squirrel.

I do prefer Nico Suave to NILionaire Nico, the latter is actually kinda lame.

1656512451977.png

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
Nicknames are stupid.

Much better when mom and dad name them properly and we go with it, like Booka Matches and Lance Boil

Nicknames are stupid.

Much better when mom and dad name them properly and we go with it, like Booka Matches and Lance Boil
Nicknames serve a useful (and sometimes fun, sometimes endearing) purpose.

My personal witness: my first name is John. My dad's name is John. My father-in-law's name is John. I have a brother-in-law named John. I went to high school with 3 or 4 other Johns in the same class.

If it weren't for nicknames, confusion would reign. So I've been JP much of my life, my father's nickname was Eddie, my brother-in-law was Johnny, and so on.

Nicknames aren't always contrived, and aren't always without purpose. And sometimes, they're awesome. The General might agree, though throughout his life he intentionally always went by his proper first name, Robert.

Go Vols!

Reactions: Sudden Impact
I feel like a lot of people, ESPN included, have assumed he’s got that 8 million already.

I don’t think that’s a safe assumption.

To my knowledge, nobody in the public realm has actually seen that contract, and the report came from the self-serving statement of his (purported) agent, Mike Crespino.

🤔
This.
We don't know what we don't know.
We fans read a click bait article and it becomes gospel truth.
Third or fourth hand "insider" information runs a close second.
Vol fans believe what they wish to believe.

ESPN,The National Enquirer of tv sports.They cannot call a game,cannot give you news about sports events,but,they are tops at innuendo,and enquirer tidbits.A station that,for so many years was a go to sports channel,now,should be disregarded except for ballgames with the sound off.

VN Store

Back