ESPN did not hesitate to make a crack at Tennessee today on GameDay

Just stating a fact. We deserved it and the truth hurts, so it’s up to our team to change the narrative.

there are split factions on this board. Blame the old school who mistakenly wanted to return the control to the old establishment and thought Fulmer was the answer. Many of US were in the present day and looking to the future and didn't like that idea but were forced to go along! I do think all of us can now unite behind this new regime! And If we can keep it together, we can have fun with them for years to come. I don't mind saying it, even though it'll piss a lot of the old school off, but I liked Kiffen and liked where we were headed under his control.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
All of them went on about "we would need a whole show to discuss the transfers from Tennessee" and then laughed about it. Always willing to throw a barb in there against Tennessee.
Respect is earned. We had a bunch of people leave. They’re not lying. Get out of your feelings.

W
I'm getting real sick and tired of not getting the respect a top 12 program all time should get. We are the best team in SEC history besides bama
E have sucked for 15 years. Tennessee football is what it is a storied program whos not had a pulse for 15 years. We have provided them the opportunity to say what they want. Frsnkly they are not wrong

there are split factions on this board. Blame the old school who mistakenly wanted to return the control to the old establishment and thought Fulmer was the answer. Many of US were in the present day and looking to the future and didn't like that idea but were forced to go along! I do think all of us can now unite behind this new regime! And If we can keep it together, we can have fun with them for years to come. I don't mind saying it, even though it'll piss a lot of the old school off, but I liked Kiffen and liked where we were headed under his control.

The divide would be easy to fix if Tennessee would just start winning damn games. That is all it comes down to. Let's see what they do this year.

One of my biggest issue as a Tennessee fan is the fact that we NEVER tend to upset anyone any more. We go 15 years with beating Florida only once and Alabama 0 times. You would think we could at least catch them once when they are playing down and we are up. Florida has tried to gift us several games in the past only to have us choke them away (2014 and 2015 ring a bell).

Why does this upset some people? It would be one thing if Tennessee football was a well oiled machine and the media was hacking at us. Tennessee has been as poorly run, coached, and managed as humanly possible for 15 years with no sign of any change. Just because espn doesnt share the blind optimism of vn, doesnt mean they arent reporting truth.

All of them went on about "we would need a whole show to discuss the transfers from Tennessee" and then laughed about it. Always willing to throw a barb in there against Tennessee.
ESPN is the bottom of the barrel of the sport’s media. The scum of the group.

They're just calling it how they see it. Trying to stay relevant and have decent ratings. Can't blame them. It kind of funny if you think about it. They ain't wrong.

Reactions: therealitytheory
I'm getting real sick and tired of not getting the respect a top 12 program all time should get. We are the best team in SEC history besides bama
Yep. Maybe in history but we haven’t been relevant in a long time and don’t look to ever be again until something drastic occurs.

Player: Hey coach, yesterday I went 3 for 4 with 7 RBIs including a grand slam and a 2-run homer.

Coach: Yeah that's great, but what have you done for me lately?

If we had only sucked a year or 2, this analogy might make sense.

Now if the player is 38 and he said when he was 24 he hit .310 with 40 homers and 100 RBIs and then the coach said "that's great, but what have you been doing the past 10 seasons?"

I'm sure you have all kinds of respect for Yale, Harvard, and Penn, right?

Also, in case you missed it....they were making a whole hell of a lot of fun of Nebraska yesterday. Did you whine for no respect for them (#8)?

If we had only sucked a year or 2, this analogy might make sense.

Now if the player is 38 and he said when he was 24 he hit .310 with 40 homers and 100 RBIs and then the coach said "that's great, but what have you been doing the past 10 seasons?"

The point being nobody cares what you did yesterday or before. In sports, you have to earn respect each and every day. It definitely doesn’t help we haven’t been able to earn respect for the last 15 years.

I'll take 6-6/7-5. 8-4....a giant leap in the right direction.

The way you get back to respectability...is to earn it. Let's go earn it.

VN Store

Back