ESPN did not hesitate to make a crack at Tennessee today on GameDay

We are a terrible program and haven't been good for years. No one is respecting 20 years ago.
We aren’t terrible. Quit with the emotional overreactions. We have had some good moments and embarrassing moments the past decade which was below our normal elite status but we aren’t the worst thing ever either.

Reactions: VolFaninFla
Get over it. We haven’t been good since 2007. It’s time for us to do our part and win football games if we want people to stop laughing at us. You can’t go 3-7 and fire your coach for cheating and then expect color commentators to be nice to you.
We were decent in 2015-16 but our dumb coaching brought us down to earth. Everything since was a coach and JG related muck

All of them went on about "we would need a whole show to discuss the transfers from Tennessee" and then laughed about it. Always willing to throw a barb in there against Tennessee.
I haven't watched GameDay in years, SEC Nation is better, IMO. As far as the comment, that's not bad at all. It's 100% true and if you're not a fan of UT then it is funny. Just like if Bama or UF was in UTs position, we'd be laughing at them too and cracking jokes.

If this football program isn't terrible I would hate to see what terrible looks like.
We have been basically .500 in the worst decade of our program history while playing 5-7 ranked teams a year. We aren’t exactly Vandy or mid 80s Kansas St. and we sure as hell aren’t some midmajor loser either. Tennessee at 5-7 in SEC is still a top 40-50 team on average

Does anybody have the numbers of transfers and the distribution of those that ended up in P5 vs other levels of football and not ended up anywhere at all? Link? Be an interesting study to see how many minutes our inbound played in p5 games vs our outbound in total.

I'm getting real sick and tired of not getting the respect a top 12 program all time should get. We are the best team in SEC history besides bama
Respect can be lost easier and faster than it was gained. We haven't earned any respect since before my hair turned grey.

Reactions: knoxvol16
Who cares what they say?
Win and everything changes. In the meantime, I don’t gas what ESPN thinks. I only care about our coaches and our players taking care of business and the worrying about the things only they control.
I agree with y'all. Who cares or or gas what ESPN says or does. Half the people on here can comment and talk football better than them. Win some games and the talk will stop.

Couldn't be explained any better than this.
We deserve a laugh or 3. We bring back a fired coach to be our AD and he promptly hires the least qualified guy out there. Someone tell me what other traditional football power has done that. Here's a clue: there isn't one. It will all be forgotten if we become relevant again. It's been 20 freaking years

Reactions: knoxvol16
We deserve a laugh or 3. We bring back a fired coach to be our AD and he promptly hires the least qualified guy out there. Someone tell me what other traditional football power has done that. Here's a clue: there isn't one. It will all be forgotten if we become relevant again. It's been 20 freaking years
Nebraska, Michigan, Alabama, Oklahoma, Miami, Georgia, USC etc have all had embarrassing decades and bad coaching hires. Quit acting like UT is some anomaly to this

We have been basically .500 in the worst decade of our program history while playing 5-7 ranked teams a year. We aren’t exactly Vandy or mid 80s Kansas St. and we sure as hell aren’t some midmajor loser either. Tennessee at 5-7 in SEC is still a top 40-50 team on average
And to me that's terrible

Reactions: USAFgolferVol

VN Store

Back