ESPN article on top transfers

And to think some of our posters were actually disappointed to get Franklin. Here she is rated 8th in the country.
Pre- Injury I would have ranked her top five and certainly a better player than some he has ranked ahead of her. I would go Jackson and Reese then Franklin would rank in the next three for sure.

The list is his but it’s what most reasonable LV supporters had already stated about our transfers. They’re great additions to a strong returning core. Tennessee has a rotation that could extend as far as 12-14 deep. As for Franklin, she’s a top 5 transfer no matter when or who else commits. Read the reference to her injury being the only reason she isn’t higher on the list which has her @8. If healthy she’s the starting PF and explosive playmaker Rickea plays @ her natural SF position on Day 1.

Last edited:
The list is his but it’s what most reasonable LV supporters had already stated about our transfers. They’re great additions to a a strong returning core. Tennessee has a rotation that could extend as far as 12-14 deep. As for Franklin, she’s a top 5 transfer no matter when or who else commits. Read the reference to her injury being the only reason she isn’t higher on the list which has her @8. If healthy she’s the starting PF and explosive playmaker Rickea plays @ her natural SF position on Day 1.

I agree, if Franklin's healthy then she's the best 4 we have on the squad, and would be the starter IMO, moving Jackson to the 3 and Jordy to the 2, bookended by Powell and Key, and there is a rockin starting 5. But, that's a big IF.

I agree, if Franklin's healthy then she's the best 4 we have on the squad, and would be the starter IMO, moving Jackson to the 3 and Jordy to the 2, bookended by Powell and Key, and there is a rockin starting 5. But, that's a big IF.

Even if she’s not quite ready or there’s a few other setbacks with injuries then there’s the luxury of having Puckett, Miles, Darby, Walker, Striplin, and Wynn along with newcomer Justin Pissott. A handful of them will even compete for starting spots.
The Tennessee bench will be outstanding and filled with players that have outstanding intangibles such as high IQ, defensive instincts, etc.
Eventually we’ll see exactly what Marta role will be and Jessie is a player that the staff will continue to work with to develop as a role player.

Even if she’s not quite ready or there’s a few other setbacks with injuries then there’s the luxury of having Puckett, Miles, Darby, Walker, Striplin, and Wynn along with newcomer Justin Pissott. A handful of them will even compete for starting spots.
The Tennessee bench will be outstanding and filled with players that have outstanding intangibles such as high IQ, defensive instincts, etc.
Eventually we’ll see exactly what Marta role will be and Jessie is a player that the staff will continue to work with to develop as a role player.
and Tess sister Edie is on the team as a walk-on but still on the team, she may surprise

I do think when Reese and Owusu commit, Powell and Franklin's positions will adjust a bit, but our staff did pretty dang good.

Great point Al, wrter also said she should be higher but he was holding back on his rating because she is coming off of her ACL injury.
Wish writer had read about her, in her freshmen year in college, when she broke a bone, came back ahead of schedule and played most nights with pain. But was cleared to play and wanted to play and played like there was no tomorrow.

Next year is going to be so much fun, if we can play for each other, cheer for each other and enjoy this incredible ride.

VN Store

Back